College Essay

TJordan522

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (88%)
It has come time for me to write my college essay. I want to write a unique essay that stands out. Any SERIOUS suggestions? What did you guys write for your college essay?

Is there something so broad as a "college essay," like high school portfolios? You can choose any subject or any topic? Wow.

I suppose I'd like to know what your major is, so I don't recommend, say, microbiology to a fine arts major.

Honestly, people have done all kinds of wacky things, up to and including baking cookies. College application essays have really become a form of personal expression. Of course, how out there you want to go may depend on the colleg you plan on applying to. But I would suggest taking time to really think about what you do well. If possible, use your essay as an outlet for what you do well.

If it's for college entrance just make sure to include lots and lots about yourself and how whatever you've done and plan on doing in college relate to your topic of choice. The purpose of the essay is to see that you can write but also to show them how you are unique and how this will affect the school positively.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is there something so broad as a "college essay," like high school portfolios? You can choose any subject or any topic? Wow.
[/QUOTE]

Well, on the Common Application, which most schools I am applying to accept, there is the option to write your own essay on any topic.

bread's done
Back