College Students - Free Xbox 360 4GB with purchase of Windows 7 PC $699+

[quote name='Dwar3xwar']Does this work for incoming freshmens?[/QUOTE]

did you read the article? the second sentence in the article is "Are you about to head to college this fall for the first time?"
as long as you have a .edu email address. You can go into a participating tore with your student id also to get the deal

This is pretty funny, I was taking a survey a month or two ago on e-rewards or SB or something asking what would make me most likely to buy a new PC and one of the options was a free 360, which I obviously chose over a printer or free insurance and some other bullshit options.

I guess they really do pay attention to the results of those surveys.

[quote name='AJVtony831']did you read the article? the second sentence in the article is "Are you about to head to college this fall for the first time?"
as long as you have a .edu email address. You can go into a participating tore with your student id also to get the deal[/QUOTE]

Ahh I must have missed it. Too tired and I have an AP test tomorrow :whistle2:#

I didn't see a post about this yet, but thanks for the heads up. I'm already planning on buying a new laptop soon since my current one really slow.

Man Ive built two awesome pcs in last six months both with 7 prof and both costing well over $700 each. Too bad I cant get in on this. I was able to get my copy of win 7 cheap through my .edu email but I would take another xbox.

I know this doesn't begin for a few days but, has anyone found a list of retailers? I guess I could use a new laptop anyways for class.

Starting May 22:

"The offer is available to online shoppers who buy a PC from Dell.com, HP.com, or Microsoft's online store. Those who want to head to a retail outlet can find the deal at Best Buy or Microsoft's stores." [Source]

gotta love that my college gave me a .edu email address for life. but, I have no current need for a $700 PC, so I'll have to pass. Cool promo idea though.

As I said in the title, you don't need to be in college to get this deal. Anyone who has gone to college in the past 5 to 7 years pretty much has a .edu email address. The only person who can cancel the email account is the user and/or owner of the account(for the most part) so it reamains active even years after graduation a lot of the time. Input your old account and it should do the trick even if you haven't logged in for a very long time. You can then sell the 360 for anywhere from $90 to $150 and get that money back within 48 hours. You can't do this B&M but I have realized that one should never go B&M for a computer anyway. Just test one with relative specs that is the same brand and buy online to avoid tax and other fees as well as get a laptop computer that fits your very specific needs. The best makers right now are Sony (for value), Asus and Toshiba(for durability), and Samsung series 9 (for portability and reasonable power for such a light frame). There is no reason to buy from any other brand than these at the moment as you will inevitably spend more money along the computer's lifespan and get less functionality and ease of use that you get form these brand's mid to high end models. Also, a good laptop computer for the average user is going to cost about $800 to $900 retail.

bread's done
Back