Feedback
13 (100%)
Apologies if this has already been posted here

a276b148087c62ae7ee7dcfb89602f6a.jpg

42b7aa1087a25a4f5d43d162f05fdd6e.jpg

4f565ea6cdbc94516102c5dcec4f42a1.jpg

4eca78e84d160df1022713b56cdf31e5.jpg

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1809494

So they basically take what everybody on every gaming forum thinks and put it in a comic and call it their original work?

[quote name='Vinny']So they basically take what everybody on every gaming forum thinks and put it in a comic and call it their original work?[/QUOTE]
Excuse me Sir, but I don't see credits anywhere on that.

Also, cool story bro.

[quote name='Axmann']Excuse me Sir, but I don't see credits anywhere on that.

Also, cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

You should work at GS.

[quote name='whoknows']You should work at GS.[/QUOTE]
That was all directed towards Vinny, who was just defending gamestop.

No self-respecting gamer would defend GS.

That was pretty funny. I've always been astounded at how similar many GS employees act, do they go through some rigorous training or something?

It's not like their supervisor is over their shoulder all the time, so I don't see why they always try to be so annoying...

[quote name='Axmann']That was all directed towards Vinny, who was just defending gamestop.

No self-respecting gamer would defend GS.[/QUOTE]

They've had some pretty great deals so as a CAG I really don't mind them as one of many available options. Sometimes the employee there isn't a giant douchecanoe so it's nice to buy a game and engage in small talk every now and then as opposed to waiting for shit to hit your door step =p

[quote name='Survivalism']cutting edge, original and hilarious.[/QUOTE]
Survivalism, always cutting edge, original, and hilarious.~

I'm surprised that a website hasn't made a GameStop employee training video in the same manner as Dave Chappelle's PopCopy sketch.

I didn't find it that funny, but most GS employees I run into aren't like that. Most are nice, a lot don't know (or seem to know) very much about games, and some are just annoying.

I've never run into one that was sarcastic or had a sense of superiority though.

Believe it or not I've basically run into a couple of GameStop employees just like the jokes described. I couldn't believe it myself really.

But I've also encountered ones that weren't like that.

[quote name='lolwut?']a lot don't know (or seem to know) very much about games[/QUOTE]
You can all, of course, speak for yourselves, but I tend to feel very uncomfortable when the people in gamestop act like they know things about videogames. It creates this very dirty feeling that almost sort of feels like having incest in public. It's just not right. It's like when you see your teacher in a store. Shopping. Like a human.

I don't like feeling as if the person at the counter is looking at the games I'm buying and is able to think about anything other than completing my transaction. I like the employees who are seen and not heard. Ones who look handsome or pretty, and who just stand there, smile, and do their job. Not some smelly 20-something with a hairy mole on his face and a sense of gaming "superiority"

If I see a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on the shelf and I want to pick it up just to read it, I don't want the employees to know enough about it to be able to make assumptions and conjure their own self-aggrandizing thoughts like "LOLOOLOLOL OMG YUGIOH WHAT A HOMO!!1!!!!1". I just want the person to not even know what YGO is.

It also makes me significantly uncomfortable when every other customer that comes in is some strange-looking troublemaker who is friends with every single employee in the store. Not only do I feel like they're going to be getting "under-the-counter" deals, but I feel like I'm back in high school and the teacher is picking favorites. I don't feel like the employees are going to keep an eye on anyone they're friends with.

Gamestop is just a very uncomfortable place all-in-all. This is why I prefer the atmosphere in Best Buy or Wal-Mart when game shopping. That doesn't necessarily mean I like the extra price attached, but at least I can feel non-paranoid and comfortable when shopping for games.

[quote name='Axmann']That was all directed towards Vinny, who was just defending gamestop.

No self-respecting gamer would defend GS.[/QUOTE]

1) Vinny was not defending GameStop. He was pointing out that all College Humor did was take all of the stuff that has been said about GS for years on message boards and add some illustrations.

2) What's a "self-respecting gamer?" We play video games. We're not doctors or diplomats.

I like forums, they help me keep in touch with the things I'm supposed to hate.

[quote name='Axmann']You can all, of course, speak for yourselves, but I tend to feel very uncomfortable when the people in gamestop act like they know things about videogames. It creates this very dirty feeling that almost sort of feels like having incest in public. It's just not right. It's like when you see your teacher in a store. Shopping. Like a human.

I don't like feeling as if the person at the counter is looking at the games I'm buying and is able to think about anything other than completing my transaction. I like the employees who are seen and not heard. Ones who look handsome or pretty, and who just stand there, smile, and do their job. Not some smelly 20-something with a hairy mole on his face and a sense of gaming "superiority"

If I see a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on the shelf and I want to pick it up just to read it, I don't want the employees to know enough about it to be able to make assumptions and conjure their own self-aggrandizing thoughts like "LOLOOLOLOL OMG YUGIOH WHAT A HOMO!!1!!!!1". I just want the person to not even know what YGO is.

It also makes me significantly uncomfortable when every other customer that comes in is some strange-looking troublemaker who is friends with every single employee in the store. Not only do I feel like they're going to be getting "under-the-counter" deals, but I feel like I'm back in high school and the teacher is picking favorites. I don't feel like the employees are going to keep an eye on anyone they're friends with.

Gamestop is just a very uncomfortable place all-in-all. This is why I prefer the atmosphere in Best Buy or Wal-Mart when game shopping. That doesn't necessarily mean I like the extra price attached, but at least I can feel non-paranoid and comfortable when shopping for games.[/QUOTE]

Good way to start your CAG career.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']There is a girl at my local Gamestop who's nipple is always hanging out of her shirt.

It's a nice nipple too.[/QUOTE]

There's a guy like that at my GS

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']1) Vinny was not defending GameStop. He was pointing out that all College Humor did was take all of the stuff that has been said about GS for years on message boards and add some illustrations.

2) What's a "self-respecting gamer?" We play video games. We're not doctors or diplomats.[/QUOTE]

Exactly (on both points).

GS is a business like any other. They're going to do whatever it takes to make money. They're no difference than BB or WM or any other store.

[quote name='eastshore4']There's a guy like that at my GS[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Axmann']Gamestop is just a very uncomfortable place all-in-all. This is why I prefer the atmosphere in Best Buy or Wal-Mart when game shopping. That doesn't necessarily mean I like the extra price attached, but at least I can feel non-paranoid and comfortable when shopping for games.[/QUOTE]
So then what you're saying is you like NOT getting the best deal you can just because of the 'environment' of the store? Then I have to ask what the fuck are you doing here then?

I only shop in Worst Buy if I have cheaply attained credit from their new trade-in program or MSRP-Mart if I need (insert cheaply made product name here) at $10 less than everyone else. Otherwise both of those stores are leagues worse than Gamestop and this is coming from someone who has openly professed their hatred of Gamestop on an almost weekly basis.

[quote name='Axmann']I like the ad simply because it's so true.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Shit like that is one of many reason I haven't set foot in a game store in over 3 years.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So then what you're saying is you like NOT getting the best deal you can just because of the 'environment' of the store? Then I have to ask what the fuck are you doing here then?
[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for him, but I'm here for the community, not the deals. I seldom post in the deals forums. This is just the best game forum I've found on the net in terms of not being overran with kids, fanboys etc.

I do ok for myself and don't mind spending a few more bucks for a better shopping experience be it avoiding gamestop, or shopping at Target instead of Wal-mart etc.

It's easy to make fun of GS, unfortunately this does not deliver the lolz

I traded in a few games at GS for the first time in 3 years and I was very satisfied with my experience. I've ran into my fair share of douchey employees but it's not like GS is the only store with a-holes behind the counter.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Can't speak for him, but I'm here for the community, not the deals. I seldom post in the deals forums. This is just the best game forum I've found on the net in terms of not being overran with kids, fanboys etc.

I do ok for myself and don't mind spending a few more bucks for a better shopping experience be it avoiding gamestop, or shopping at Target instead of Wal-mart etc.[/QUOTE]
Obviously you haven't been on the PS3 forum on here as of yet, as there are rabid fanboys to the point where ANYTHING anti-Sony or anti-Sony policy is clearly a reason for you to 'zomg sell everything you own from Sony and go buy a Failbox 360 since you hate them so much', since after all Sony never does anything wrong.:roll:

As for spending more money, there's never any real deals at Target, I'm beginning to hate Kmart/Sears(due in large part to the interference of clearance due to the official reps being on here now:bomb:) and I never find anything at Toys R' Us.

So what am I left with? It's either Gamestop or the local shops and the local shops have gone from having a shitton of good deals that trump GS to having just barely under GS as far as prices go.

They forgot the bit where if you're a girl, you'll get ogled.

I try not to shop at GameStop anymore, but in the past I've seen both good and lousy employees. Also, much of that strip could apply to your stereotypical comic book store clerk, too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Obviously you haven't been on the PS3 forum on here as of yet, as there are rabid fanboys to the point where ANYTHING anti-Sony or anti-Sony policy is clearly a reason for you to 'zomg sell everything you own from Sony and go buy a Failbox 360 since you hate them so much', since after all Sony never does anything wrong.:roll:

As for spending more money, there's never any real deals at Target, I'm beginning to hate Kmart/Sears(due in large part to the interference of clearance due to the official reps being on here now:bomb:) and I never find anything at Toys R' Us.

So what am I left with? It's either Gamestop or the local shops and the local shops have gone from having a shitton of good deals that trump GS to having just barely under GS as far as prices go.[/QUOTE]

I get most of my games from Goozex these days. Others I generally just order from Amazon if it's something I want a launch as it's going to be $60 most places anyway and they often have $10 or $20 gaming credits with preorders of big releases (which is all I'd buy at launch).

Though I guess I should note that I tend to only pick up 5-10 games a year, so I'm not putting nearly the money into it that many of you more hardcore gamers do.

And yep, I only have a 360 so I don't go near any other gaming forum areas here--just this one and the 360 one.

Not buying a game for cheap from a store because you care what someone you clearly think so little of is simply a stupid reason to pay extra for a game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I get most of my games from Goozex these days. Others I generally just order from Amazon if it's something I want a launch as it's going to be $60 most places anyway and they often have $10 or $20 gaming credits with preorders of big releases (which is all I'd buy at launch).

Though I guess I should note that I tend to only pick up 5-10 games a year, so I'm not putting nearly the money into it that many of you more hardcore gamers do.

And yep, I only have a 360 so I don't go near any other gaming forum areas here--just this one and the 360 one.[/QUOTE]
I'm not a hardcore gamer at all. I only buy stuff to flip to Gamestop(and TRU and Best Buy now)to get credit for the couple games I may want to buy during an average year.

If not for clearance games I would've gladly just waited until games made the inevitable price drops to much cheaper prices, since far too many titles nowadays are overhyped garbage.

[quote name='Phelmo']Not buying a game for cheap from a store because you care what someone you clearly think so little of is simply a stupid reason to pay extra for a game.[/QUOTE]

For me it's just hating the hassle of dealing with people, and taking time out of my day to run to the store etc.

So anything like movies, books, games, cds etc. I usually just order online rather than hassling with it. Only stores I go to with any regularity are the grocery store and target for toiletries, cat food/litter etc. that are too pricey at the grocery store.

I'm not going to say anyone is crazy for not wanting to show at GameStop. For all I know, every douchebag in their city or town works there, and the store smells like sewage. For me, though, there is nothing so awful about the stores around here that would keep me from getting a good deal. The thing that has kept me away from GS for quite some time is the fact that they rarely have any good in-store deals, anymore. No more 20% coupons. No used deals of the week. The eternal 10% coupon died some time ago. Frankly, no reason for me to go in there.

[quote name='dmaul1114']For me it's just hating the hassle of dealing with people, and taking time out of my day to run to the store etc.

So anything like movies, books, games, cds etc. I usually just order online rather than hassling with it. Only stores I go to with any regularity are the grocery store and target for toiletries, cat food/litter etc. that are too pricey at the grocery store.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, online buying is the way to go anyhow.

But if there is a deal going on there that will save you a noticeable amount of money then I think it's pretty dumb to not take them up on their offer.

Meh, I have 4 GameStops in my area and all of them have employees that are nice and know what they are talking about, so I actually go there more then most other stores for games...honestly some other local stores would relate to the comic more then GameStop for me. But I always see people complaining so I guess it just depends on where you live really.

Collegehumor was funny like 5 years ago when it was just people sending in funny pictures.

Now it is lame, forced jokes like this. I looked at some of the other employee manuals and they were even worse if that's possible.

[quote name='Phelmo']Fair enough, online buying is the way to go anyhow.

But if there is a deal going on there that will save you a noticeable amount of money then I think it's pretty dumb to not take them up on their offer.[/QUOTE]

There's seldom any deals that are a noticeable amount of money when it comes to games though. Most of the time, maybe there's a local deal that's $5-10 less than the online prices and that's just not worth the hassle to me.

I'd go for every deal back in college, grad school etc. when I had no money. But now that I make a decent salary, and free time is what has shrank, I'll just pay the few extra bucks and order online.

bread's done
Back