Colorado school bans tag??

klwillis45

CAGiversary!
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.
"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.
Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.
Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.
In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact. School officials said the move encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles. Associated Press 08.30.07, 6:08 AM ET

Yeah, less tag and more participation trophies will really help our kids. :roll:

I guess the complaining kids didn't realize they could just not run, and they wouldn't be chased against their will? Though I understand cooties would still be an issue when they were tagged.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Oh I thought this meant the body spray.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, me too.

I wish they'd ban the goddamn stupid horrible advertisements for Tag, and the ads for Axe, while I'm at it. They're seriously some of the worst ever.

Years ago some group tried banning dodge ball from every grade saying it was too violent and yadda yadda.

The smart agruement against the ban was "Some of the students are 17-18 years old, they will be joining the military right after school ends to get shot at".

Idiots in this country.

[quote name='Maklershed']Are they gonna ban Axe as well?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Oh I thought this meant the body spray.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

There's the one RGX bodyspray that has the hottest girl in the history of the planet in it's commercials. That can stay.

[quote name='Halo05']There's the one RGX bodyspray that has the hottest girl in the history of the planet in it's commercials. That can stay.[/QUOTE]

i prefer the French girl in the Old Spice commercial.

An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

those children are retarded. that's how you fucking play tag!!!!!! :bomb:

Those kids need to grow some balls. Camoor can you post that pic of the whaaambulance??

I didn't understand why my school made us stop playing "toss the cinder block."

When I was young, we used to play kissing tag. There was not too much running involved.:lol: I can't imagine what Colorado would say about a game such as this.

I also thought it was the spray and it took me until the second to last sentence to figure out exactly what was going on (the rest of it pretty much agreed with the commercials...).

It sounds like a weird thing to do, but at the same time I can't really see why I would care. It's not like tag matters, like kids will be deficient if they never play tag. I'd think it would make more sense to punish the kids that are being stupid or too competitive or being assholes rather than banning the game though.

[quote name='Apossum']
those children are retarded. that's how you fucking play tag!!!!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The only way I could see it being sorta a legitimate complaint is if they were doing something else. Like say Billy's on the jungle gym and some kid that's playing tag with other people is like "Hey, there's Billy, let's get 'im" and then they clothesline Billy off the jungle gym and rupture his spleen in the process. Either way, Billy was probably going to grow up to be a troubled and maniacally depressed artist anyway since he was the one douche who complained when other people tried to play with him during recess. fuck Billy.

[quote name='mikej012']Rugby!

And Red Rover.[/quote]Gosh... what the heck would they do if the kids tried to play Red Rover?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Gosh... what the heck would they do if the kids tried to play Red Rover?[/quote]

bricks would be shit

Whoa, whoa.. just a second; kids actually still play tag?

Anyway, at this rate they might as well not even have a playground if they aren't gonna let them do much of anything. Someone might get pushed too high on a swing, scrape their knee, live a little..

I really hate when one bitchy person completely ruins the fun for everyone. I know it's been said a bunch of times already, but this country really is turning kids into a bunch of pussies. I see it happening all the time now.

My school used to do a town-wide airsoft/nerf war at the end of the year. But of course, that was banned because it "promotes real life violence".

Also, I remember back when I was in 7th grade, we would go on fieldtrips and a few kids would always start singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" during the bus ride. Everyone was ok with it, until some douche bag kid complained to their parents that "some kids were singing about beer". Our entire school district was told to make the kids change the lyrics to "soda" and give detentions to anyone who said "beer".

fucking ridiculous.

Our kids, childhoods are going to suck.

"Hey son what did you do on the playground today."

We talked about our feelings.

"So you didn't play freeze tag, dodgeball, or basketball."

freeze what?

When I was a kid we played dodgeball in the back yard with 4 or 5 basketballs. Whatever team had less bruises at the end was the winner.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']When I was a kid we played dodgeball in the back yard with 4 or 5 basketballs. Whatever team had less bruises at the end was the winner.[/QUOTE]

We used to play baseball with bare handed outfielders, ride bikes with no helmets. Play dodgeball, kickball, wrestle etc. Now its a law in some cities that kids must wear helmets when riding a bike. Schools have gotten rid of dodgeball etc.

i hear they are also planning to ban rock, paper, scissors. They say its a gateway game for kids to do actual battle with rocks and scissors, and for a few idiot kids paper.

[quote name='Graystone']We used to play baseball with bare handed outfielders, ride bikes with no helmets. Play dodgeball, kickball, wrestle etc. Now its a law in some cities that kids must wear helmets when riding a bike. Schools have gotten rid of dodgeball etc.[/quote]Gah, I've been sigged against my will! I'm telling my mom.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i hear they are also planning to ban rock, paper, scissors. They say its a gateway game for kids to do actual battle with rocks and scissors, and for a few idiot kids paper.[/quote]

You've never had a papercut? Those hurt like a bitch!;)

[quote name='klwillis45']In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact.[/quote]
Less physical contact than tag? Sound like one of my ex-girlfriends.
rimshot.gif

I'm glad we wait untill they are 18 then we can recruit them, hand them an assault rifle, and leave them in a hostile country. That'll fix those little pussies.

bread's done
Back