Comedian Greg Giraldo dies at age 44

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649015/20100929/story.jhtml

Comedian Greg Giraldo died Wednesday (September 29) at age 44 from a reportedly accidental prescription-drug overdose. Giraldo had been hospitalized in New Brunswick, New Jersey after he overdosed on prescription pills last weekend. According to TMZ, the overdose was not a suicide attempt.

Giraldo reportedly collapsed Saturday evening in his hotel room in New Jersey, where he was performing at a club. He was discovered by friends after he failed to show up for his scheduled performance. He was rushed to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.

Jim Norton confirmed the news via Twitter, including a picture with his fellow comedian: "Greg Giraldo passed away today. This is the last photo of us together, taken June 28 at Noam's wedding. RIP buddy."

A source close to Giraldo told TMZ: "Greg passed away today at the hospital in New Brunswick as a result of an accidental overdose. His family was by his side."

The Giraldo family's plans for a memorial service will reportedly be made public when they become available.
Crazy.

I wonder how an accidental overdose happens. I mean, the bottle tells you how much to take. You're either trying to kill yourself, have a drug problem, or have a severe lack of understanding of consequences of taking too many narcotics.

And then I wonder how we can get Carlos Mencia to have an accidental overdose.

Greg Giraldo was always funny on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. I miss that show.

RIP Greg Giraldo. *pours one out*

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']
And then I wonder how we can get Carlos Mencia to have an accidental overdose.[/QUOTE]

Make sure the label on his prescription bottle is in spanish?

Hell he was one of the only funny ones on the roasts. Cumings is at times but he was always funny.

[quote name='pitfallharry219'] Last Comic Standing[/QUOTE]

That show is/was straight garbage. The show is clearly rigged and some of the contestants (Roy from last season) have had bigger success then the judges.

When I saw the title of this thread I figured he did a line of something...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wonder how an accidental overdose happens. I mean, the bottle tells you how much to take. You're either trying to kill yourself, have a drug problem, or have a severe lack of understanding of consequences of taking too many narcotics.

And then I wonder how we can get Carlos Mencia to have an accidental overdose.[/QUOTE]

He was very funny. I usually tended to like him during those so-so roasts. The only way I can imagine an accidental overdose can occur is by some unknown issue with body chemistry or unexpected reaction of some sort.

[quote name='seen']That show is/was straight garbage. The show is clearly rigged [/QUOTE]

Please don't think you're revealing an earth-shattering revelation here. Drew Carey and Brett Butler made that discovery six years ago when they walked out in the middle of a live show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zvl7bHYd_g

"Robin, you look like a syrup bottle!"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Hey, funny comedians. Stop messing with drugs! Mitch Hedburg, now Greg Giraldo. Who's going to be next?[/QUOTE]
Robert Schimmel died like a month ago. Certainly one of the greats, but not nearly as well known as some of these people.

RIP Greg. This was a shock to me because here in central jersey, The Stress Factory was promoting him doing a couple shows there. Wow! My prayers go out to his whole family.

bread's done
Back