Comfort - PSP vs PSP 2000?

Doom5

CAGiversary!
Which of the two PSPs is more comfortable for long-term gaming use? Which model do most of you recommend?

Thanks!

The new one by a pretty big margin. It's lighter, in theory it loads some games faster, the d-pad is much better, etc.

The Slim model. It has more features (doubled RAM, TV-out, new software) and fixes the problems that the old one had (like the d-pad). I tried to watch a full movie on the original PSP but by time I was almost done my wrists started feeling sore from the weight. Of course it's better to use some sort of stand if you're gonna be watching videos but it's not that bad if you're playing games.

I was a bit surprised to find that the slim is more comfortable for long play sessions. The light weight is also quite nice.. That may help the comfort level a bit.

I have a silicone case for my PSP Slim. That, combined with the light weight of the Slim makes for a really comfortable handheld. Pic below;

sany0079ph7.jpg

i just got the slim but my nephews have 3 phat psps. They prefer the slim much more. It's A LOT lighter, faster loading, suppositively longer battery life (though I've heard people say they saw no difference, i have yet to find out), improvement in the d-pad

The longer battery life in the slim is offset by the fact that they included a much smaller capacity battery as the default slim battery. That's partially how they kept the price down. If you put an old PSP battery in the slim, word is the battery life jumps up to 10 hours instead of 5.

The faster loading in later games that make use of its extra memory is confirmed. Just look at the side by side comparison of Crisis Core running on a slim and 1000 model.

I actually prefer the new UMD tray, as I found the mechanics for the old spring loaded tray somewhat pointless.

One of the best things with the PSP 2000 model is that the speakers now face forward instead of coming out the bottom.

I just wish they'd come out with a bluetooth adapter.

Or a PSP2 with touch screen, better ergonomics, clamshell style case that actually protects the screen when closed, etc...

yeah a touch screen psp would be cool. I may be too accustomed to the DS but I find it a little frustrating using the browser without a touch screen. They also should probably have a little cover for the power button I've heard people accidentally switching it off while playing heh.

How off kilter is a slim with an extended battery + cover? Seems like it would feel strange when one side has the bump (by how much?) and the non-battery side is still flat?

[quote name='Hibiwa']How off kilter is a slim with an extended battery + cover? Seems like it would feel strange when one side has the bump (by how much?) and the non-battery side is still flat?[/quote]

Check out the spoiler in my post above for an image with the original PSP battery on the Slim. It's on the right (black cover until i can find a cheap silver one). It doesn't stick out much at all. The silicone case is stretched a bit because of the battery but definitely not awkward to hold or something.

I think the fat feels better, more sturdy. The slim feels like I will break it if I hold it firmly. Its the same as the Sixaxis controller, just feels like hollow plastic.

I've only been a slim user for about 2 weeks and a half now,
but I must say I love how light it is compared to the original PSP.

Although feels very fragile... I doubt I'll play any racing games on my slim PSP,
because I'm afraid I'll break it in half..

I need weight in my hands. I really prefer the classic model. I really hate my SIXAXIS since I'm afraid if I wist it just it bit it will break. Hopefully the DS3 doesn't feel as flimsy.

Weight = hand strain to me. I'm very much a futurist who can respect light weight materials.. So long as it holds up well to strain and wear, I don't need metals to tell me if something is well made.

I have a slim. Like everything about it better... except the way it fits in my hands. The phat as a contoured back which helps hold onto it. Still, I would buy a slim for the dpad.

bread's done
Back