Comic Artist Michael Turner has passed away.

evil_twin

CAGiversary!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16988

We here at Comic Book Resources are very sad to report that artist Michael Turner has died after a long battle with cancer. He was 37. Aspen Comics’ Vince Hernandez told CBR News Saturday morning that Turner passed away Friday night at 10:42 Pacific Time at Santa Monica Hospital in Calfiornia. The news spread quickly at Wizard World Chicago, during what would have otherwise been a riotous night at the hotel bar, the mood suddenly turned somber with remembrances of Turner from friends and acquaintances. A minute of silence will be observed during Wizard World Chicago Saturday afternoon.

He will be missed. He did the best covers in the biz.

thor01cvrturner.thumbnail.jpg

he was so talented and such a nice guy too. the first year i met him at WWLA he had radiation therapy the next day, and was obviously very ill, yet stayed to sign extra autographs for his fans.

He will be missed :cry:

Can anybody post some of his work? I'm not familiar with him. Still, its very sad, and I would like to give my condolences to his friends and family

I have not really been into comics for about 10+ years so I dont know who he was. Sucks he died. I'll look up some of his work later unless someone is willing to post it.

Sad to see him go. Hasn't be been battling with cancer for several years now? He was one of my favorite artist. He came by the local comic shop once for a signing, he will be missed.

[quote name='Thongsy']Sad to see him go. Hasn't be been battling with cancer for several years now? He was one of my favorite artist. He came by the local comic shop once for a signing, he will be missed.[/quote]

He'd been fighting cancer for many years.

I don't want to disparage the recently deceased so I'll refrain from commenting on his work.

I haven't read comics regularly in about five years, but I seem to recall he had to take time off from Fantom because of how sick he was...he was probably barely 30 then.

Not one of my favs or someone whose work I kept an eye on, but it's still a shame...

I enjoyed his Identity Crisis covers and work with Witchblade and Superman/Batman. His variant covers for Wolverine: Origins are the only good thing about the series. My condolences to his family and friends.

Turner was by far my favorite artist and I am sad to see him go. Such a talented individual lost at an early eage. You will be missed.

I knew he had cancer, but wasn't aware of his death until G4 news scroller announced a tribute release of certain comics. I met Micheal at Wizard World in 2000 and he is not only great artist, but a humble man. He truly will be missed in the community. I'm just glad his art style will continue on with his protegee Talent Caldwell.

[quote name='JimmieMac']fuckin guy owed me 20 bucks. Guess I gotta file papers with the estate now. Somofabitch.[/quote]

Even if this were true you're an asshole for posting in this thread. We don't need this here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neudog']Even if this were true you're an asshole for posting in this thread. We don't need this here.[/quote]

lighten up dude...

bread's done
Back