Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. So I will have the G.I Joe idw collection soon, 7 volumes I think?
I have bought a good bit of various single issue and volumes from comixology. Are the idw collections setup in a series reading order?
Since there is a big sale currently on Amazon.com / Comixology, should I bother getting the remaining issues or just wait for the idw collection to show up. I'm getting conflicting information when I try to find what all is included in each set.

So I been using comixology to keep track of my pull list but amazon is going to shut it down soon. What pull list tracker are people using?
I’ve been trying to find an alternative since they announced the shutdown. No luck yet. Let me know if you find anything.

Bought Onega Men In the Amazon sale. Really enjoyed The Vision so we’ll see how this one is.

Bought Onega Men In the Amazon sale. Really enjoyed The Vision so we’ll see how this one is.
Tom King is on a roll. Everything he's been putting out is fantastic. His Batman run has picked up a lot of steam and Mr. Miracle is great as well. Highly recommend checking those out. For finished stuff, he his Sheriff of Babylon series recently came out in trades (12 issues total) I'd recommend checking that out if you enjoy Omega Men and want a more realistic version of the political basis of that book.

He also has a Swamp Thing special coming out at the end of this month that I'm really looking forward to (which includes a new story by the late Len Wein).

Anyone else here manage to grab Batman: Damned? I've never seen a new comic skyrocket in price so quickly before. Never really sold single issue comics, but these prices are undeniable (and keep rising)

All for a lil bat schlong...
Kind of crazy there were no posts in this thread for 8 months.

I actually did enjoy Omega Men, so I’ll definiteky look into the other stuff you rechomrmded above. Batman is one of my favorite characters so I’m really interested to see how that one is.

No, I was out of the country. Is it good though?
It's good so far. Pretty sure it's only 3 issues, so I was expecting a bit more from the first. It is very very "dark", as you'd expect from them. I'm a big fan of their Joker book, so I have high hopes. Difficult to go too in depth without spoiling the book.

Anyone manage to snag this one btw? It's a WALMART exclusive comic that released on Sunday, with a Swamp thing story drawn by Capullo. If anyone in the thread happens to find one at their local Walmart and wants to help a CAG out... I'm desperate for this one but can't find it.

WALMART_STHLWN_CV_5bb29473c88427.12955023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing at my Walmart. Only found a Marvel Spider-man comics at the magazine and book section. I have no clue where the trading card section is at.

Nothing at my Walmart. Only found a Marvel Spider-man comics at the magazine and book section. I have no clue where the trading card section is at.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're sitting in the back in a box. Unless this becomes a monthly issued regular book I can't see how it would be stocked regularly. Hard to see the point of a Walmart exclusive comic in the first place...

Hopefully they're on the shelves by Thanksgiving. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if they're sitting in the back in a box. Unless this becomes a monthly issued regular book I can't see how it would be stocked regularly. Hard to see the point of a Walmart exclusive comic in the first place...

Hopefully they're on the shelves by Thanksgiving. :D
Reminds me of those DC funko mystery boxes that were exclusive to Walmart that didn't show until way after the actual date in a part of the store it wasn't supposed to be in lol.

Reminds me of those DC funko mystery boxes that were exclusive to Walmart that didn't show until way after the actual date in a part of the store it wasn't supposed to be in lol.
Last time I went in, and employee told me to check with the greeting cards. I'm not entirely sure anything is supposed to be anywhere at Walmart.

Hey dead thread mates, selling a bunch of classic DC/Vertigo trades and full unread trade series (and my original uncensored copy of Batman: Damned) in the trade section:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/369505-h-comics-amiibo-bw-batman-statues-misc-zelda-items-w-offers/

Also - any books any has been really excited on lately? King's "Heroes in Crisis" has been really great so far for me, and a great take on the "Crisis" book types. Also everything with Remender or Lemire's name on it has just been stellar. Including the new Deadly Class show.

bread's done
Back