Command and Conquer, Red Alert for PSP!

As an RTS, I think this would be pretty terrible; all console ports of Warcraft and C&C thus far were horrific beyond words. As any other genre...this would still be terrible.

[quote name='alongx']As an RTS, I think this would be pretty terrible; all console ports of Warcraft and C&C thus far were horrific beyond words. As any other genre...this would still be terrible.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The DS is the only system i could conceivably see a RTS work.

They'll probably use the analog to move around the screen, lock on to units with the square button, flip through commands with the Dpad, execute with the x button rotate screen with the sholder buttons... it dosent sounds too ridiculously hard it will depend on the programers more than the system itself.

Although I'd love a version of Starcraft on the DS like a fiend.

at first I thought it would suck but after using the analog as a mouse in untold legends, it could possibly work quite well. DS would work well for an RTS except the screens are way too small.

but there's two of them! :p

I could see them using the bottom screen as map only so you can jump around faster, then a zoom for getting a wider angle on the action.

You know they're gonna use the bottom screen for action and the top screen as a status indicator or something if that did that ;). Also remember there's only 1 touchscreen.

[quote name='Alpha2']...yeah the bottom screen, which is why it would be better as a map for something like Starcraft.[/QUOTE]

You think the touchscreen would be better suited for the map? .....
What about actually selecting troops and issuing orders?

As for red alert... I really dont see how theyd pull this off and have it not suck... especially seeing how the game was second rate compared to Star Craft.

On Starcfrat, I guess it's a toss up selecting troops does factor highly though I feel like the quick jumping on the map would be better served by the touch screen. Upsides and Downsides to each.

On C&C, true it's a pretender to the throne (one you can reasonably expect to arrive faster than a game made by Blizzard :p) But I have to figure they're already talking about how to adjust the game to fit the game system as well as the UMD. Prehaps the game will take on lower numbers of troops.

bread's done
Back