Communicate with any famous Gamemakers?

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I saw the post on Victor ireland and wondered if anyone spoke with any famous gamemakers before.

I spoke with David Perry via e-mail a few years ago about his RC Copter project. He was very friendly and always replied quickly. A nice guy.

I write for a gaming site and I met a few of the guys who worked for Namco, specifically two guys who worked most recently on kill.switch, the producer of I-Ninja, and a few others who worked on R:Racing Evolution, and Spawn: Armageddon, if you want you can peep my interviews at http://www.DreamStation.cc/features

I had a chance to talk to the creator of Aquaman (GCN, PS2, XBox). I took the opportunity to pop that bastard in the nose.

Did Mr. Johnson work on the orignal titles or the new version.

I really liked the new version. Almost like a version of Diablo with the random worlds, monsters and collecting.

[quote name='ZForce317']I had a chance to talk to the creator of Aquaman (GCN, PS2, XBox). I took the opportunity to pop that bastard in the nose.[/quote]

LOL!

[quote name='rallen']Did Mr. Johnson work on the orignal titles or the new version.

I really liked the new version. Almost like a version of Diablo with the random worlds, monsters and collecting.[/quote]

All 3 bro. If you go to gameFAQs, and go to the Toejam and earl 3 board, he's Flarney and Flarney2, although he doesn't post much anymore. If you go to www.tjande.com and email him, he's very responsive. Give it a go! Fanmail always welcome.

[quote name='punqsux']i e-mailed warren spector last week and asked him how he turned into an evil game nazi...no reply yet[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl:

I've exchanged some nasty words with some of the devs over at the Ion Storm boards.

And on a side note: I hate it when people make these guys out to be gods or some kind of deity that deserves uber respect and can do no wrong. :puke:

If you go to any English speaking developer's site that has message boards, often youll find that the developers talk to the people on those boards. Bioware is a good example.

I met, and had my picture taken with, Yuji Naki outside of MS' press con last year. I'm still not sure why he was there, but it was cool to meet him nonetheless. I also got a chance to meet a slew of Sega's biggest names a few years ago at their party. Guys like Hisao Oguchi, Yu Suzuki, Noriyoshi Ohba, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Takayuki Kawagoe, and Greg Thomas. It was basically a meet and greet kinda thing; they gave everyone at the party these Sega trading cards and you could go around and get them signed. It was one of my most memorable times at E3.

I talked to a bunch of guys from Pandemic Studios before (I helped beta test for them) and I know a guy who works at Terminal Reality (who's working on some secret game that has to do with a movie and he isn't allowed to tell me :( )

Marc Schroeder, creator of POKE646

Now an employee of valve.

I emailed him about a possible sequel, and he replied saying he was working on a project for valve. Presumably Half-Life2, because he is very good at making single player games. All of valves other projects are multiplayer.

And I have also communicated with Barny (narby), Dave J, and several other famous modders.

Not to brag, but I actually emailed Neil Manke and got a response!
Neil Manke was the mod leader for "They Hunger"!

All of these people are just normal people like a few of us.

I havent met any famous game makers yet, however hopefully will one day since my major is game art and design, so maybe one day ill be one, an everyone on CAG can say they know me.
--Shadd

bread's done
Back