Community Season 1 DVD $12.49, Season 2 $13.99

I'd check out Best Buy and BestBuy.Com. I think they have Season 2 cheaper or the same after tax than Amazon. Already have Season 1 so I didn't really pay attention to that price.

[quote name='kodave']I'd check out Best Buy and BestBuy.Com. I think they have Season 2 cheaper or the same after tax than Amazon. Already have Season 1 so I didn't really pay attention to that price.[/QUOTE]Season 1 is $24.99 right now on BB.com and Season 2 is $12.99.

With tax on S2, it's about a wash on which one is cheaper, depending on your tax rate. $13.99 from Amazon gets it to me in 2 days w/Prime, might be twice that long or more from Best BUy.

Might pick up season 1. I've tried watching it a few times after good praise from friends but I just didn't find it as funny as them, a lot of the humor just seemed a bit forced. I'm not going to judge the whole show on that though as it really does get high praise and likely for a good reason.

Thanks so much, OP! I knew there was a reason I couldn't bite when S2 was $19.99 a couple of times. I bought a copy at BBY.com for $13.77 after tax because I have GC credit to use. :D

One of my favorite shows on television, they are removing it mid-season to make room for 30 rock and that makes me upset. I think they might have picked that one because of lower ratings but it is against Big Bang Theory in it's timeslot and whatever show goes against BBT will have lower ratings. It is supposed to return in April or so, hopefully they find a spot for it, considering NBC's weekly line-up they need to find a spot for it imo.

Thanks op! Definitely wanted this! Now if only parks and rec S3 would drop low, i'd have all the copies of my two favorite shows..

Community's ratings aren't that bad by the horrible NBC standards. Whitney should be canceled and Community go on at 9:30.

I bought both, been looking for under $15 for them. I haven't seen most of season 1 so I'm glad I can now. Plus all the episodes have commentaries, which I find amazing.

all over this. forgot i had a $10 credit which made this deal even better.

/mails felt goatee to nbc studios

#sixseasonsandamovie

[quote name='icp_00_111']One of my favorite shows on television, they are removing it mid-season to make room for 30 rock and that makes me upset. I think they might have picked that one because of lower ratings but it is against Big Bang Theory in it's timeslot and whatever show goes against BBT will have lower ratings. It is supposed to return in April or so, hopefully they find a spot for it, considering NBC's weekly line-up they need to find a spot for it imo.[/QUOTE]

I'm also upset that there is a chance that Community might get cancelled. Moving it to a diff night & its coming back next spring is a big mistake on NBC's part. I only watch TBBT when it comes out on DVD. I rarely watch it when is on CBS.

One of my favorite comedies & I will be bummed if it does get cancelled.

Joel McHale promotes Community on every episode of the Soup.

[quote name='icp_00_111']One of my favorite shows on television, they are removing it mid-season to make room for 30 rock and that makes me upset. I think they might have picked that one because of lower ratings but it is against Big Bang Theory in it's timeslot and whatever show goes against BBT will have lower ratings. It is supposed to return in April or so, hopefully they find a spot for it, considering NBC's weekly line-up they need to find a spot for it imo.[/QUOTE]

This news makes me sad. I love 30 Rock, but I wouldn't replace Community with it. Frankly, I can't believe they're keeping Whitney.

I actually haven't seen the first season of the show (started from season 2) so I'd love to pick it up, but with the chances of it getting cancelled I expect a major drop in price to occur. Last year on BF at Wal-Mart it was cheaper if I recall correctly. I almost picked it up but at the time I hadn't seen the show. Wish I had now.

Still, I might bite the bullet just to help support the show.

[quote name='parker99']I'm also upset that there is a chance that Community might get cancelled. Moving it to a diff night & its coming back next spring is a big mistake on NBC's part. I only watch TBBT when it comes out on DVD. I rarely watch it when is on CBS.

One of my favorite comedies & I will be bummed if it does get cancelled.

Joel McHale promotes Community on every episode of the Soup.[/QUOTE]

For community to survive it needs to move asap maybe a different night its getting killed my tbbt in ratings.If the show is moved it needs to improve on its slot if not im going to miss this show. Average in millions that watch it live tbbt 15m vs comm 3.8m

If you guys read sites like TVByTheNumbers, their theory is that while cancellation is still possible, its likely that Sony, who produces the show, will sell the 4th season to NBC dirt cheap so that the low ratings aren't hurting NBC's bottom line. This will enable Sony to produce the number of episodes necessary for syndication in the 4th season, where the real money is for them. I think this is what they do with Brad Garrett's sitcom Til' Death. It got a 4th season without even airing all of its 3rd season.

I'd almost guess NBC burns off the remainder of Season 3 between Spring and Summer, and then shoves Season 4 on an odd night like Friday or something next season or uses it as a midseason replacement.

I'm assuming Tina Fey and Amy Poehler won't be pregnant for the next season of their shows, so you're pretty much looking at Up All Night, Parks & Rec, The Office, and 30 Rock as your Thursday night lineup unless Up All Night totally bombs in its move to Thursdays this season. I don't think it will, but you never know. 30 Rock wasn't exactly a ratings smash at 9:30 or 10, which is why I think they're trying it at 8 PM. Point of all this is - there isn't going to be room for Community to be a featured show next season on Thursdays, so my guess is odd night or mid-season replacement.

bread's done
Back