Community Season 1 dvd - $12.99 w/coupon code SONYFIVE

Just pre-ordered it 30 seconds ago, immediately after the DVD Talk Target Community $17.99 thread posted that Amazon just matched it.

100% blind-buy for me. I know I won't be disappointed. Huge fan of 30 rock/Better Off Ted/Arrested Development.

Yep, first few episodes are a little rocky, but it pretty quickly becomes consistently hilarious.

25 episodes, commentary on every episode, outtakes + alternate takes and a few other misc. bonus features. I too am going to order it, probably pairing with The Prestige for $25+ for free shipping.

[quote name='iamgerald']I don't have a coupon in my paper :( Any special place I should look?[/QUOTE]I can't find a coupon in my paper, either. :bomb: I would also like to know if there's somewhere I could find it.

i get it the day after thanksgiving for 9.99 or 12.99

not worth the 18 after watching the entire season on tv for free (now if i never watched it or catched only a few of them i would of )

good show but dont need to rewatch it

i heard chase is out of season 2 can anyone confirm he is no longer on the show

[quote name='slowdive21']It was 1 sheet with the ads. It has several DVDs with coupons on it. I got it in the Chicago tribune.[/QUOTE]

What other DVDs are on it?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it on SlickDeals...

[quote name='u2fan01 via SlickDeals']Drop Dead Diva, Rescue Me, Breaking Bad, Rules of Engagement, Hawthorne, The Shield, and Damages.[/quote]

I was hoping for one for 30 Rock Season 4.

[quote name='Demolition Man']What other DVDs are on it?

I was hoping for one for 30 Rock Season 4.[/QUOTE]

anyway to print out the coupon

I love that amazon sells PSN point cards now, can just drop in a $10 or $20 card without having to search for any other deals if I'm in a hurry looking for free shipping filler.

[quote name='redfusion']amazon is streets ahead[/QUOTE]

Curse you, that made me laugh.

I was ready to pay ~$30 for this, so I'm quite pleased with you, Amazon.

Great deal -- I'm tempted to pick it up for my girlfriend, since we always watch it together.

Sadly, season 2 will be competing against Big Bang Theory, so she's watching Community on her own from now on.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Currently one of my favorite shows on NBC. S1 was superb and full of hilarity and I hope the quality continues with S2 and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Hell mother-effing yes. I agree. I love this show so much.

[quote name='PR Mega X']
Sadly, season 2 will be competing against Big Bang Theory, so she's watching Community on her own from now on.[/QUOTE]

I like BBT too, but Community is so much better that it's not even worth discussing. Easily the funniest show on television last year, the only other shows close IMO were Modern Family and Always Sunny.

[quote name='ShallowDepths']I just called 3 target stores in my location - confirmed at 17.99 at all three locations![/QUOTE]

The Target by me had it on the shelf at $32.99. So, I tried BB, $29.99, but no price match. Ended up at Wal-Mart, $19.96, no price match, but used the coupon.

Maybe, I should've tried to scan it at Target. Oh, well.

[quote name='slidecage']i get it the day after thanksgiving for 9.99 or 12.99

not worth the 18 after watching the entire season on tv for free (now if i never watched it or catched only a few of them i would of )

good show but dont need to rewatch it

i heard chase is out of season 2 can anyone confirm he is no longer on the show[/QUOTE]

Chevy's still in it, if you check his imdb page he is credited for 48 episodes as pierce and pierce is mentioned as appearing in the first couple episodes according to my verizon fios tv descriptions

I was doing a little trial and error regarding Sony Manufacturer's coupons, then I came across the Sony Pictures website for Community.

There's a coupon pictured and it says

GET $5 OFF COMMUNITY NOW!

Use Coupon Code SONYFIVE at Amazon.com.

However, I've tried entering it but it won't accept the code.

Hmmm, I'd order it, but I'd hate if Amazon didn't honor it. 12.99 is a sweet spot for 25 episodes of this awesome series, which I unfortunately only saw three episodes of.

EDIT: Did Live Chat. They said the link was not operating (?) but as a one time exception gave me account a 5.00 credit. Ordered for 12.99.

Also, I was checking out some of the other DVD set prices. Rescue Me is really high, but Damages season one would be a little over 15. Not sure if that's a good buy. Also, Breaking Bad season one could be had for 13.49, but that's only seven episodes... maybe a little overpriced, but still an amazing show I've yet to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmmm, I'd order it, but I'd hate if Amazon didn't honor it. 12.99 is a sweet spot for 25 episodes of this awesome series, which I unfortunately only saw three episodes of.[/QUOTE]

Email them before you order.

Success! :bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon CS']Hello,

I'm sorry for the problem you had with your $5.00 promotion.

I've applied the $5.00 promotion to this order by reducing the price of Community: The Complete First Season" from $17.99 to $12.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Demolition Man']What other DVDs are on it?

I was hoping for one for 30 Rock Season 4.[/QUOTE]

Did you find the coupon? I can't find it at all

damn read all 3 pages and was being held back for BD version..just researched and they didn't even release it! so for $13 this is a must buy. I really loved the show from day one, a lot of epic episodes (campus paintball anyone?) and I would have never found out about The Mystery Team film if it wasn't for that one dude..

edit: guess IDK how to use promo codes at Amazon :cry: I just edited my form of payment and put it under Gift Cards or Promotional Codes:

There was a problem
The promotional code you entered is not valid.

[quote name='token2k6']
edit: guess IDK how to use promo codes at Amazon :cry: I just edited my form of payment and put it under Gift Cards or Promotional Codes:

There was a problem
The promotional code you entered is not valid.[/QUOTE]
You apparently have to email them to have the discount applied. For whatever reason, the promotional code won't actually go through during checkout.

This is the e-mail response I got from Amazon:

Hello,

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website.

While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Sony we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the manufacturer directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

I've never actually purchased a TV season on DVD before, but it's a must for Community. It comes as no surprise to me that all 36 Amazon reviews of it are 5 star. Definitely a very interesting, witty show - can't wait for the second season!

bread's done
Back