Community

[quote name='lordopus99']Community was destined to fail. It's first season, it was pitted against Survivor and Bones (both popular series at that point). In its second season CBS move Big Bang Theory into its same timeslot (which pretty much solified its tv ratings downfall). No one was going to run off their favorite established series (in their heights) to give an unknown show credit. Again, it was destined to fail.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely agree with that statement. All the more reason I think NBC needs to give the show a legitimate chance. In a way, I compare it to sports teams with older, established players who despite not performing up to their standards anymore (The Office and 30 Rock) remain in the starting lineup, holding back younger players who are ready to shine.

Not that The Office and 30 Rock weren't top notch comedies at one time. But I've definitely felt the last 2-3 seasons of Community and Parks & Rec were the stronger two shows. Maybe if NBC put a little more marketing and hype behind them, they would have been leading the way instead of lagging behind two shows that were already on their way out.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just read that Harmon might come back. If that happens, they should pull a who shot JR and make this past season a terrible nightmare.[/QUOTE]
I actually agree with this. This season did have good development, but not good enough. It fell flat hard.

totally random but turns out my buddy was friends with Alison Brie in highschool o_O

67892_470344734141_4580613_n.jpg

Harmon has now confirmed on his Twitter that he will be back!

Dan Harmon ‏@danharmon 1h
RT @dpeanutbutter: @danharmon GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER! ~ Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale.

I know most of this talk is about the newer season/new season coming out but I just wanted to say that I just recently started watching this on Hulu and having never seen an episode beforehand, I'm really really enjoying this show. I think I'm at around episode 16ish and have basically enjoyed all of them so far. It kinda sucks to hear that things start to go downhill around season 4 but I'll probably still watch it all since I usually watch all the episodes of a show even when there are seasons that a lot of people didn't like and usually I'll still at least enjoy them somewhat.

What a terrible move. I highly doubt Community makes it past season 5 since they're quite nearly at 85 episodes which is an appealing syndication package. He should have finished out the show and then focused on his shitty music career. But who knows, maybe NBC's desperation and ratings starvation won't improve by then. 

The show I think is picking up in popularity slowly in my opinion. I think after it ends it'll get that recognition it deserves. 

This thread is too much of a downer lol, we should just post our favourite meme's or moments from the show on here. Like a CAG pickmeup but made solely of community related stuff.

Walton Goggins (Boyd Crowder from Justified) will guest star in a Season 5 episode:

Goggins will play Mr. Stone, a mysterious, emotionless man that the Greendale gang encounters. Mr. Stone comes armed "with a dangerous accusation, a tantalizing offer and a devious plan that will change the group forever."
I cannot wait for this.

bread's done
Back