Companies You Have Loyalty To?

CaptainKirk

Banned
I thought it would be cool to post the companies we are loyal to no matter what (and a short rationale)...

...if they release a product that is #2 or #3 and not #1 we still get it instead of #1 (unless it is #1 lol)

My list:
Microsoft - 3x RROD, 1x Slim still with them on 360, Windows on every computer
Google - Android fanboy, Google is homepage
Motorola - Off and On phone manufacturer I choose
HTC - Other, Off and On phone manufacturer I choose
HP - every computing hardware ever owned was HP including printers
Amazon - my fav online retailer, always purchase AmazonBasics products for my tech stuff

My hate list:
Apple - yet I have an iPod, down with Macs
GameStop - gutting games = nails on chalkboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon, Apple, and No Sleep Records.

Amazon because of their quality customer service (sold me for life by giving me 20% off of my AWD PS3 for an expired DLC code), Apple for always making really great products and standing by them long after many other companies would have stopped, and No Sleep for employing and supporting some really great people.

None.

They're all bastards in my opinion who just want your money (obviously) and will screw you over the minute you aren't profitable to them.

Zippo. Lifetime warranty, if it ever breaks they mail you a prepaid envelope and fix it for free and actually give you a penny claiming it's the "single cent you didn't have to spend to get it fixed." Plus, it's one of the few things made in America anymore.

I will try and keep this short......

Samsung Tv's (own 5)
Google everything
Microsoft Windows and Xbox
Linksys Networking Stuff
Pioneer Elite Receivers
Craftsman
Intel Processors

Amazon
Zia Records (local place)
Best Buy
Nintendo (1990-2004)

I only thought of one company, but I guess if I stretch it out a little bit...

Google - search everything through there
Microsoft - Could change in the future, but for now, I play their gaming consoles and always use windows/
Target - Could change once no longer employed by them, but for now, I do most of my shopping there since I get up to an additional 15% off all my purchases.

Computer - Mac
Phone - iPhone (although I wouldn't mind having a go with Windows 7)
Online Retailer - Amazon
Search Engine - Google
Gaming Console - Xbox

[quote name='Kaelestis']None.

They're all bastards in my opinion who just want your money (obviously) and will screw you over the minute you aren't profitable to them.[/QUOTE]

This.

As America reaches capitalism's nadir, every company will fuck you In the ass to give shareholders the tiniest return on investment

They're all bastards in my opinion who just want your money (obviously) and will screw you over the minute you aren't profitable to them.[/QUOTE]

Eden Foods first and foremost. They're all about being Organic and healthy. They put their money where their mouth is. Almost all of their cans are BPA free. The only one's that aren't are the one's containing tomato's from all I've heard. Even then after hearing that customers wanted a BPA free option they are offering their consumers a glass option for tomato stuff. It's even in Amber glass. The only thing I don't get is no one is carrying it.
Also, even if an Eden Foods product in particular isn't Organic you can bet it's GMO-Free, they really make sure of it. So yes I trust them and if I think they'd let me I'd buy stock in them. They're privately owned I believe but if they were ever in financial trouble I'd love to buy some stock in them. Mainly this would be to prevent some scummy Conglomerate like General Mills or Kelloggs who don't care about the aforementioned things and would likely degrade the quality to pocket the extra money they'd save and charge the same.
Nature's Path, who covers the ground Eden Foods doesn't, which is saying a lot considering it almost seems like Eden Foods covers everything under the sun short of a few perishable goods. Nature's Path sells mainly cereal and other breakfast products along with some food bars to tide you over during the day. All their stuff is Organic and you can definitely find some great products among their offerings. They're not a Conglomerate either, not owned by General Mills as Cascadian Farms is or owned by Kelloggs as Muir Farm and Kashi are.
Organic Valley is another which is a co-op of farmers in the United States selling everything from Dairy to Soy Milk and Orange Juice. They also have another division which I believe is them called Organic Prairie which sells Organic meat as well.
Their Organic milk is legitimate while the same can't be said for Horizon. You see Horizon isn't following the Organic protocol. The company they're getting their milk from, Aurora, pens the cows in and brings in cows from conventionally fed feedlots. At least a few companies have sued to see Horizon's USDA Organic label revoke but to no avail so when you're drinking Horizon know you're not drinking USDA certified Organic milk.
One of my lasts is Rapunzel. Very high quality brand that is German, they seem to be the only people that sell Organic Yeast here. You ask why I care perhaps? Have any of you seen a Non-GMO project certified Yeast or a yeast where you talk to the company and they say the Yeast doesn't have GMO's in it? Also their sugar is top notch, having never been separated, with one creating Molasses and the other white Cane sugar. It's a light brown color with fairly large pieces of sugar by the average person's standards(about the size or slightly smaller then a small Tapioca pearl) but as soon as your finger exerts any pressure to it it crumbles. Along with this there's their Cocoa Powder which I just like because I'm a Vegan and it's the only Cocoa Powder, Organic at least, I've seen that isn't processed on equipment with milk. Yes I know the amount of milk is incidental but if I can avoid it I will.
So there you have it. Yes I know they're all food companies. I'll list my clothing companies in a separate post.

I have no loyalties... it's not like these companies are loyal to me and will bend over backwards putting their profits on the line for my sake ("Oh, we know you can't afford this things you really want, so you can have it for free becuase you're our friend." Not happening.)

I do have companies I trust more than others and try to give my business to, but I'll jump ship if someone else comes along that caters to my needs better. Fair is fair. Right now I'm partial to-

Amazon: great prices, great service, and damn fast shipping. My go-to guys for anything I don't buy from speciality retailers online.
Rightstuf: most consistent sales on anime out there. I've had the occasional hiccup with service, but nothing too bad.
US Plastics: A place to buy replacement DVD cases that sells singles for under a dollar a case and has reasonably priced, fast shipping? Sweet.
Gamestop: I like checking in-store inventory online.

Plus a few local shops where I'd go more if they were closer.

I'm mostly with DuelLadyS. These companies just want to get as much as our money as possible, so I don't really have any affinity for any company.

I do have loyalty in the sense of repeated shopping with Amazon as they generally have great prices, have great service, Amazon prime is a great deal, have Amazon rewards Visa card etc. But I still buy things from other places if it's cheaper etc. and a few bad experiences would sour me on them. So I wouldn't call it being loyal. They're just my current preferred shopping venue.

Apple is one I'm gaining some forced loyalty too I suppose since I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4s now and am thus kind of tied to their app store. Love the hardware, dislike a lot of their business practices etc. though.

Last edited by a moderator:
All awesome in my book and will support forever:
Alienware
Microsoft
Panasonic
IBM
Bioware
The Creative Assembly
Converse

Not so much:
Apple
Motorola
Google
Facebook
Nike
Verizon

I suppose the only companies I have loyalties to are Bioware and Amazon.

Bioware, because their games are the only ones I'll buy sight unseen at full price and not think twice about it.
Amazon, because they're the main retailer I go to for anything I need and can have it at my door two days after I order it. I've probably saved enough gas in a year's time to pay for my Prime membership.

100% agree. when you get stuck on brand loyalty you tend to get screwd over and miss out on things. its like console loyalists or fanboys the freakin worst of the lot. like what you like damn the brand. its about getting deals for me.

[quote name='Javery']I am loyal to the store that sells whatever I'm looking for the cheapest. Everyone else can eat a dick.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Although, I love me some amazon.

Sukop Basses
I will simply never own or play another brand.

SWR Bass Amps
The only other amp I'd consider would be an early 2000's Eden World Traveller head, but would still put it over a pair of SWR Triad cabs or the 6x10 with a 1x15 depending on the stage.

With guitars I'm not quite as particular and I like the variety, but I seem to always go back to my handy dandy PRS Custom 24. That thing has been a workhorse for me in the 15 years that I've owned it.
For guitar amps I tend to strictly use Laney and Mesa Boogie depending on what I need.

I'm anti-sony to the core now. It doesn't have anything to do with games, but short of my 2nd PS2 I've never had a sony disc based product last for more than a couple of years.

amazon cuz they always have the best prices. And sriracha because it's awesome on everything. I hate apple though. Just not my thing.

Amazon, imo, has it's ups and downs, but I do prefer them over any retail place or website.
Roku, because they offer a quality and affordable product that got me rid of that way over priced cable nonsense.

Other than that... I'm pretty flexible. Whatever I'm in the market for, I research and try and get the best deal possible. If it's at that omgz evilz walmart, than so be it. I'm in it for myself, so if I can save money when I can.. then I win!

Bears repeating. It's weird that people are proud of buying into marketing so wholeheartedly.

[quote name='Javery']I am loyal to the store that sells whatever I'm looking for the cheapest. Everyone else can eat a dick.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not that way for food.

This, kind sir.

And Google, Amazon, Target

Zero prices for most things are skyrocketing so any company that has the cheapest price I like for the current time.

[quote name='2DMention']This, kind sir.

And Google, Amazon, Target[/QUOTE]

I HATEEEEE Target...

...I had a project in college...its such a fake company

Target sucks, but they beat the shit out of Walmart where I refuse to shop at all. So I usually go there for toiletries, pet food etc. that's cheaper there than the grocery story and too much hassle to order online.

Sony because their electronics are typically top-notch. Have they made mistakes? Absolutely. Are their products more reliable and better quality then the competitors? Absolutely.

Microsoft is on the other end of the scale - they are the worst, they make most of their profit through monopolization and market manipulation, they are anti-innovation, and at the end of the day a world with Microsoft is a loss for consumers.

This isn't just about consoles but the consoles do illustrate the point nicely.

I'm not loyal to any particular companies but I prefer to shop at Nintendo (for gaming, but will buy other consoles and PC game, etc.), Amazon (for anything), GoHastings (books and games), and Target (for anything). I'm not a fan of Best Buy or GameStop, but I will buy from them when they have the best prices no one else is matching, which is usually rare. I don't like stepping foot into WalMart for anything except in case of emergency/no one else near by has what I need immediately.

Well.

I'm pretty loyal to the one I work for, I guess. Having a good boss goes a long way towards making everything else tolerable.

Other than that... eh. I don't really buy enough stuff to have brand loyalty.

Apple- True innovators of technology. Without them where would I get my Music?

AT&T- One if the most reliable cell phone companies ever.

Gamestop- Best place to get money for your old videogames.

Fox News- Fair, balanced and just. No one beats them.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Apple- True innovators of technology. Without them where would I get my Music?

AT&T- One if the most reliable cell phone companies ever.

Gamestop- Best place to get money for your old videogames.

Fox News- Fair, balanced and just. No one beats them.[/QUOTE]

Seriousness? Or masterful use of sarcasm? My mind is blown.

My loyalties will last as long as the products satisfy me, but at the moment...

Lowes - Usually good stuff, close to my house, and I get 10% discount on everything (Even worked today on Black Friday deals) because I have a civilian Navy ID.

Samsung - The last few TVs I have bought have been Samsung. They also happen to be the best TVs I have ever owned.

Netgear - I love their routers and don't see any reason to change anytime soon.

Amazon - Convenience, no tax, often free shipping and usually the cheapest. I can't really complain about them. I've never had a customer service issue either.

Hate:

HP - I've bought several computers from them in the past looking to save money. It has never worked out well. My most recent is a laptop with such poor heat vents that it overheats from just being on pretty much. Never again.

Sony - I don't HATE them but the quality of their electronics has not kept up with the brand name markup. Samsung has surpassed Sony in every way IMO.

Deep Discount - Ripped me off once. I will never order from them again.

eBay/Paypal - I am a very casual seller, probably buying 20 things for every one I sell, but the fees have gone out of control. I hope a viable competitor comes along and knocks them down a few pegs.

Comcast - Sadly I'm stuck with them until Fios reaches my house.

bread's done
Back