compatibilty issue

nickmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
i downloaded the latest dashboard software tonight in hope that my older games (GTA, Splinter Cells) would work. after downloading i restarted my console and popped in GTA:San Andreas....and it was a no go.

i get this error message saying, "this original xbox game is not supported......blah blah blah." at the bottom of that message it says Version 1.0

is that the correct version? what am i doing wrong...im annoyed.

I think the latest update of the BC software is version 1.2, but I could be wrong. San Andreas is on the BC list.

There's a backwards compatibility support issues page up on Xbox.com that says the following about San Andreas.

Rockstar Games recently published several new editions of this game, including a triple pack re-release with a changed parental control rating. These new releases are not yet on the compatibility list.​

It's strange since the Trilogy version of San Andreas is the Second Edition.

thats odd, my friend plays his san andreas on his 360. Can you delete the BC file? I havent tried because the only xbox 1 game i play on my 360 is halo 2

Maybe try inserting a game that is not on the compatibility list. This will cause the 360 to check to see if you have the latest version (1.2) and if you don't it will download it for you.

[quote name='shipwreck']Maybe try inserting a game that is not on the compatibility list. This will cause the 360 to check to see if you have the latest version (1.2) and if you don't it will download it for you.[/QUOTE]

i tried that, i put in NHL Hitz 20-02.
I cant even get Splinter Cell 1, 2 or 3 to work. I am only having luck with Halo 2.

Maybe ill try the download again or something....f'in microsoft has to make everything so difficult

[quote name='nickmad']i tried that, i put in NHL Hitz 20-02.
I cant even get Splinter Cell 1, 2 or 3 to work. I am only having luck with Halo 2.

Maybe ill try the download again or something....f'in microsoft has to make everything so difficult[/QUOTE]

When you put in NHL Hitz 20-02 it should have checked to see if you had the latest version. You mentioned earlier that you're 360 said it was only on version 1.0, so it's not the most recent version. You're connected to Live when you are trying these games right?

I'm not sure how to download them again other than inserting a non-compatible game.

Edit: Wait, are you downloading the software to a disc and then installing onto your X360? If that's the case, make sure you are grabbing version 1.2.

This sounds a little like what happened to me. I tried downloading the newest update, got cut off, but the 360 still thought it was updated and I lost backwards compatability. I just formated my hard drive, which sucked since I lost Hexic, but I didnt feel like dealing with Microsoft.

i installed the update again and still no luck...then i poped in GTA:SA (like shipwreck said) and let the system handle itself. updated downloaded and backwards compatibility is good to go.

thanks everyone for the help!

bread's done
Back