Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']Supposedly an Atlus strategy game called Gungnir was released on PSN yesterday. Has anybody with a vita and PSP tested it yet?[/QUOTE]

So far Gungnir does not work on Vita but Atlus is working on fixing that.

I personally can't wait for it to work on Vita.

I know this isn't supposed to happen to the PSOne games, but I hope we don't have to go through this again with them. I also hope there's 100% compatibility, unlike PSP which is about 99%. I know of at least 1 psone game that doesn't work on PSP--Pocket Fighters (weirdly, I could still play it with remote play, but there was some sort of glitch that supposedly prevented it from run on the PSP). AFter the PSOne update (I keep hearing July), I can check that game and if it doesn't work I can update the wiki to warn people away.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have heard, PS1 games will be 100% compatible as far as what works on the PSP once the big firmware update for that is released. We don't need a list in this thread for that, as something like this thread is better for that sort of information.

These are the new additions to the Vita's PS Store this week:

PSP
Hexyz Force

Minis
Core Blaster
Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl
Monopoly

[quote name='japatten']So, I see that two games on this list are playable through the PS3 by transferring them onto the Vita. The problem is that I don't have a PS3.... Can anyone give me advise in what I should be doing or if there's any way i can download them? I already purchased them back in 2009.[/QUOTE]

if you already purchased them then i believe you can download it right on the vita by accessing your download list in the ps store.

[quote name='jondier']if you already purchased them then i believe you can download it right on the vita by accessing your download list in the ps store.[/QUOTE]
Only games that can be downloaded directly from the PS Store on the Vita are also available from the download list, which are the green games on the list. Blue games need a PS3 until they're added to the Vita's PS Store.

By the way thanks Frisky for keeping us updated on this.

I can't wait to see if there are any added PSP games today! *crosses fingers for MGS PO*

Still no resistance retribution, but after the announcement Sony has no plan to continue the series, I don't know if we will ever see it. Never had a PSP so I'm a little bummed.

So Monster Hunter is on sale for $9.99. I've never played a MH but I've heard lots of good things about it. Anyone recommend it?

[quote name='Miami_13']So Monster Hunter is on sale for $9.99. I've never played a MH but I've heard lots of good things about it. Anyone recommend it?[/QUOTE]

I would just wait for a vita version. No online for the PSP game

[quote name='mcdaking84']I would just wait for a vita version. No online for the PSP game[/QUOTE]

Is it fun soloing or is it made for multiplayer?

I bought MHFU two weeks ago at full price and I can't recommend it enough. It really is HUGE ,I've played it just short of 90 hours(all solo) and probably only played about 19% of the content. I like it better then Tri.
And it can be played online (though I haven't done so yet) by using a PS3 and ad-hoc party.

Also I doubt there will be a Vita version any time soon since we still haven't gotten a western release of portable 3RD.

I was thinking of a new thing for the list, which is to note the remaining games that have been pulled and are unlikely to be put in the Vita PS Store or be made compatible.The old sports games and licensed games that continue to not change every week could be better categorized since they're probably not going to change at this point. I'd just make that the purple color since the "it works for some and not for others" category isn't needed anymore anyway. Good idea?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was thinking of a new thing for the list, which is to note the remaining games that have been pulled and are unlikely to be put in the Vita PS Store or be made compatible.The old sports games and licensed games that continue to not change every week could be better categorized since they're probably not going to change at this point. I'd just make that the purple color since the "it works for some and not for others" category isn't needed anymore anyway. Good idea?[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me to give up my hope of NHL 07 being available on the Vita? Never!

[quote name='jza1218']Are you telling me to give up my hope of NHL 07 being available on the Vita? Never![/QUOTE]

God, the vita needs an NHL game like it needs more sales.

an NHL would become an instant must buy for me. Come on! We get soccer but no Hockey...

Hell Id take any decent "hot shots" style hockey game for jus the sake of hockey on my vita haha.

Hi all,

I just signed up to say thanks for the great list and to mention that Beaterator works on the Vita without a problem. Not that anyone cares ;)

Edit: Oops. Totally missed that the OP was a wiki. Already submitted the change ...

Cheers,
the_korben

Yeah, thanks a lot for this list as well. I almost bought Renegade Ops from PSN because it was $9.99. Guess I'll buy Battlefront II instead.

Nothing new this week. It makes me think that they're holding them back for the big PS1 Classics firmware update.

Anyway, can the people with red games on the list double check them now if they haven't recently so we can make sure that those are correct?

Im becoming so unbearably impatient for this friggin PS1 firmware. I really wanted it before the 17th because i have a huge trip that week..... gah... come on sony STEP YOUR GAME UP! #marcus

My reds include Fat Princess, ModNation Racers, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Phantasy Star POrtable 2, and none of them are in the shop. I have noticed that some Minis are being placed in the PSP section, so someone might double check in that section.

I'm talking about trying to transfer them from a PS3 since they didn't work at one point in time. I check the shop, so I know they're not in there.

They've announced on the PS Blogcast that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Midnight Club LA Remix will be in the Vita's PS Store with the next update.

I've never played a Persona game before, should I start with 2 or 3?

I wish the prices on most of the games were more reasonable. Asking like 20-30 bucks for some of these old PSP games is ridiculous. Wouldn't it benefit them more to lower the prices because it's all digital?

[quote name='therealdanhill']I've never played a Persona game before, should I start with 2 or 3?

I wish the prices on most of the games were more reasonable. Asking like 20-30 bucks for some of these old PSP games is ridiculous. Wouldn't it benefit them more to lower the prices because it's all digital?[/QUOTE]
Persona 2's $14.99 and Persona 3's $9.99 for this month. :D

Persona games: They're not direct sequels and each plays somewhat differently. 1+2 are PSOne ports. Persona 3 is a port of a PS2 game (though it limits the functionality--it leaves out animated cutscenes and free movement in every location except the dungeon). I'm liking 2 so far, but I prefer 3. Can't wait for 4 to come out as a Vita game later this year.

"I'm talking about trying to transfer them from a PS3 since they didn't work at one point in time. I check the shop, so I know they're not in there. "

I know. I meant that I checked both ways, as well as through my download history.

BTW, I read elsewhere that Gungnir and Unchained Blades now work on the vita but you need to transfer them to it via the PS3 or PC. I can confirm that Unchained Blades works as i purchased and transferred to my vita last night. I might try Gungnir.

[quote name='groundskeeper']BTW, I read elsewhere that Gungnir and Unchained Blades now work on the vita but you need to transfer them to it via the PS3 or PC. I can confirm that Unchained Blades works as i purchased and transferred to my vita last night. I might try Gungnir.[/QUOTE]

They are both already on the list.

[quote name='6er']RE SIS TANCE

listening Sony?[/QUOTE]
No... I think they hand-picked every game that would be awesome to play on the Vita to make sure we absolutely can't play it.

This list is awesome, and all the people contributing to it are awesome... but the fact that this exists exposes a major fuck up on Sony's behalf. They've given us "hit or miss" crap before, so why stop now when we have a chance to re-vitalize our (already low PSN percentage of) PSP games?

ModNation Racers on Vita being a total piece of shit wouldn't have been near as bad if we could just go back to the PSP version we paid for (which has ONLINE play). And I'm a similar flavor of pissed about Resistance too.

And seeing that Phantasy Star Portable 2 actually does work well on Vita (thus nullifying any argument that it'd be a hardware problem), I'm left here feeling like Sony deliberately crippled their BC and therefore deliberately crippled a component that'd make Vita's drought tolerable. There should be no need for this list because every PSP game on the PSN should be transfer-able.

Just confirmed that Midnight Club 3 does not work on the Vita. Crystal Defenders does, however, if you copy it from a PS3. I've updated the OP accordingly.

With Unchained Blades working now, you can get the game for a little bit cheaper than the PSN cost from this dudes eBay auction. I was able to get some with $20 of paypal I had laying around that I forgot about, but someone else might have better luck and get it for cheaper since he starts it at $5.

[quote name='Starch']Valkryia Chronicles doesn't work, I try that way but it won't transfer.[/QUOTE]

Strange...I'm pretty sure it worked for me. I know it transferred to my Vita w/o a problem (though I missed one of the add-on missions that I still need to transfer) and I'm nearly positive I played the game for a few minutes to check it out (which is how I found out one of the add-on missions was missing).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Strange...I'm pretty sure it worked for me. I know it transferred to my Vita w/o a problem (though I missed one of the add-on missions that I still need to transfer) and I'm nearly positive I played the game for a few minutes to check it out (which is how I found out one of the add-on missions was missing).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have it on my Vita too, maybe Sony change it for some reason?

bread's done
Back