Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

[quote name='Azarius']i might be alone in this but im dying to play Metal Gear Acid 1+2 again, on my Vita i really enjoyed those[/QUOTE]

I've been dying to play Metal Gear Portable Ops and Sony and or Konami doesn't care

Anyone know of a list of compatible games in other regions?

I downloaded a few PSP games from Hong Kong and Japan back when they were doing the Welcome Back free games deal so I need to know if I should bother buying a memory card to create a Hong Kong and Japan account on my Vita.

Confirmed: no Jet Moto 3 (in my queue despite not being in the store), no Star Wars: Dark Forces. Oh well, I guess I should live in the 21st century.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Anyone know of a list of compatible games in other regions?

I downloaded a few PSP games from Hong Kong and Japan back when they were doing the Welcome Back free games deal so I need to know if I should bother buying a memory card to create a Hong Kong and Japan account on my Vita.[/QUOTE]

It's not about what's compatible--I have Rival Schools on my Japanese PSN account and my Vita sees it fine, but it won't copy to my system as long as I have it set up through my US account. Worse, supposedly, Firmware 1.8 has removed the Vita's ability to have cards with different accounts, so unless you find someone who's confirmed that cards with different accounts can still be used, then I wouldn't even try.

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP Games
Crimson Room: Reverse

Minis
Snowy: The Bear's Adventures
The Treasures of Montezuma

PS1 Classics
2Xtreme
Backstreet Billiards
Bowling
Cool Boarders 3
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto 2
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash! 2
The King of Fighters '99
MediEvil
Metal Slug X
Rally Cross
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Warhawk
WipEout

[quote name='jeremybristol1959']Worse, supposedly, Firmware 1.8 has removed the Vita's ability to have cards with different accounts, so unless you find someone who's confirmed that cards with different accounts can still be used, then I wouldn't even try.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Can anyone out there actually confirm this?

I noticed that GTI Club Supermini Festa is listed as not tested. I own this game and can confirm it works via transfer from the PS3.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Damn. Can anyone out there actually confirm this?[/QUOTE]

eaxh memory stick is bound to one psn account unless you format the memory stick.

Other wise you have to reset (factory setting) in order to switch account.

i jump us to jP and even hk every other day.

Before 1.8 update you could of switch just using one memory stick

Who is going to take one for the team and try to transfer Final Fantasy III? I would if I liked that game more, and didn't already have it on DS and iPhone. ;-)

Just bought metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on a US based account and didn't realize it only works with UK accounts. I guess I'm out $10 until Sony decides to make it available in the US region. I even created a UK account and it's available straight from the PS Store on the Vita itself, pretty disheartening but I guess I should have done more research before the purchase :cry:

[quote name='finsfan0210']Can we get a confirmation one way or the other on FF3. I'm hearing yes and no.[/QUOTE]

It was briefly working via Download List... You could only download it to Vita from the list if you bought it on PSP/PS3. But, a few hours later it was disabled. I just bought it on PSP, and can confirm there is currently no way to play it on Vita right now if you missed that window.

Announced on the new PS Blogcast, these games are coming to the Vita's PS Store next week:

PS1 Classics
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Darkstalkers
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Legend of Mana
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
Spec Ops: Covert Assault
Spec Ops: Ranger Elite
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

About 40 PS1 games total being added to the Vita's PS Store.

Still waiting for Portable Ops. Hell, I'm still waiting for FF1, 2, Crisis Core, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 to go to the PSN store _at all_.

And Sony wonders why paying customers want to break into their consoles and put the games they want on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shonasof']Still waiting for Portable Ops. Hell, I'm still waiting for FF1, 2, Crisis Core, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 to go to the PSN store _at all_.

And Sony wonders why paying customers want to break into their consoles and put the games they want on them.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting and the insulting part is that MGSPO is playable in the Euro PS store. I bought a PSP and I'm trying to sell my PS Vita. I'm done

[quote name='shonasof']Still waiting for Portable Ops. Hell, I'm still waiting for FF1, 2, Crisis Core, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2 to go to the PSN store _at all_.

And Sony wonders why paying customers want to break into their consoles and put the games they want on them.[/QUOTE]

I've love Portable Ops the be playable on the Vita. Portable Ops and MGS4 are the only main series Metal Gear games not playable on the Vita.

Currently I'm trying to play through the whole Metal Gear series and I'm up to MGS 2 after starting at the original Metal Gear. It'd be awesome not to have to switch to the PSP just to play Portable Ops.

If they'd add the Acid games to the PSN store and playable on the Vita I'd be extra happy.

the only advantages the PSP still have are the TV output (and even that is poorly done) and the Dualshock 3 support if you're using a Go. and if you have a Go you're _still_ missing out on some incredible UMD-Only titles.

Why Sony can't just let us use their products properly from day 1 will forever remain a mystery to me.

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Fighting Force
Final Fantast VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gex
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Legend of Mana
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Maga Man 3
Mega Man 4
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Pocket Fighter
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
Spec Ops: Ranger Elite
Spec Ops: Covert Assault
Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Threads of Fate
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Vagrant Story
Xenogears

Just a detail some people may not realize.

If you're using a PS3 to install... let's say Chrono Cross. If you have a copy that's been on your system, ready to install for months it won't work. You have to re-download a fresh copy from PSN that has been flagged for Vita compatibility.

I've had Portable Ops, Chrono Cross and a few others on my PS3 in the install 'bubble' for a while and despite the store update today the Vita still couldn't see Chrono Cross. I had to delete CC and re-download it. The Vita installed it without a problem.

Just a detail some people may not realize.

If you're using a PS3 to install... let's say Chrono Cross. If you have a copy that's been on your system, ready to install for months it won't work. You have to re-download a fresh copy from PSN that has been flagged for Vita compatibility.

I've had Portable Ops, Chrono Cross and a few others on my PS3 in the install 'bubble' for a while and despite the store update today the Vita still couldn't see Chrono Cross. I had to delete CC and re-download it. The Vita installed it without a problem.

There's an issue right now where Pocket Fighter refuses to install on the Vita, so watch out for that.

[quote name='GodlyOne']There's an issue right now where Pocket Fighter refuses to install on the Vita, so watch out for that.[/QUOTE]

Could be because Pocket Fighter was not certified to run on PSP.

Chrono Cross cannot be transferred from my PS3 or downloaded on my Vita. I keep getting an error when I try to download it from Vita and it doesn't even show up on the Content Manager for the vita. WTF?

It's not entirely related to this thread, though since I've seen nothing about it anywhere else I thought I'd point out that PlayStation Mobile is active on Vita--some of the games are Minis but some of them I haven't seen before.

There's even a new Beats app

So to update, seems like Pocket Fighter was "mistakenly" posted and has been removed from the vita storefront. You can no longer download it from your download list and people are being issued a refund for Pocket Fighter but probably for people who have purchased it either on the Vita store or in the past week.

I cannot get Chrono Cross to install from the PS3, but I successfully downloaded and installed from the Vita store.

More hoops from Sony. I hate jumping. :p

[quote name='shonasof']I cannot get Chrono Cross to install from the PS3, but I successfully downloaded and installed from the Vita store.

More hoops from Sony. I hate jumping. :p[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Chrono Cross never transferred over before. So they could have added it to the store, and not added transfer functionality. Still odd.

[quote name='Thoth']My understanding is that Chrono Cross never transferred over before. So they could have added it to the store, and not added transfer functionality. Still odd.[/QUOTE]

Very odd. Soviet Strike didn't work originally, but later on became available. A redownload on the PS3 allowed me to transfer. So there's just a flag they need to set. It makes no sense to go through the effort of having a completely different copy of the file for PS3 and the Vita.

What's coming next? Hopefully MGS! (So I can have MGS 1, 2, and 3 ALL on my Vita) :whistle2:D

It'd also be nice if they made MGS: PW dlable straight to Vita... :)

Castlevania Symphony of the Night should be green.Bought it a few weeks ago.It shows up if you search for it on the Vita store.Edited the wiki.

[quote name='SANSHORYU']What's coming next? Hopefully MGS! (So I can have MGS 1, 2, and 3 ALL on my Vita) :whistle2:D

It'd also be nice if they made MGS: PW dlable straight to Vita... :)[/QUOTE]

MGS 1 already works. I played through it just a few weeks ago. It was one of the original titles to gain Vita support.

By the way, I spoke to a Sony rep at indiecade, and linked them to this thread. They're going to get it in front of other people, and it is likely this could become a reference of compatible games for SCEA/PSN.

[quote name='omyard']MGS 1 already works. I played through it just a few weeks ago. It was one of the original titles to gain Vita support.[/QUOTE]

Not yet for U.S. accounts. You have to transfer via PS3, and I don't have mine here with me. :p

according to the Playstation Blog, these PS1 titles were added to the Vita store.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
Destrega
Saiyuki: Journey to the West

Hate to keep asking, but what PSOne/PSP updates for Vita are coming this week? And if you could link me to where on the PSN blog they have such updates, I could stop pestering. Haha :whistle2:D

They don't always seem to post what they're going to do. I could be wrong, however. But on Tuesdays they always post a list of new additions to the Playstation Store. They list what's PSP/PS1 games have been officially added to the list.

As far as unofficial additions, that's what this thread is for.

Should the removed PSOne Classics go under purple? It seems the most conevnient thing to do, since there's a few untested games that would fall under this.

These are the removed games:

Arcade Hits: Magical Drop
Arcade Hits: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty
Jet Moto 3
Kyuiin
Magical Drop F
R-Type Delta
R-Types
Yakiniku Bugyou

Also, The Little Mermaid II and Turnabout are still absent from the list.

bread's done
Back