Complete Set of US Release Dreamcast Games

Saaril

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
So I'm thinking of selling my collection of Dreamcast stuff and I'm trying to figure the best way to go about it.

Basically the collection is this:

1. A complete set of US release Dreamcast games, all in original cases w/ manuals. Some things are sealed, but none of the ultra rare stuff. I think that's 252 games total.

2. A bunch of hardware...probably 3 systems (2 normal, 1 sports black), agetec arcade stick, two light guns, 3rd party maracas for samba, keyboard, mouse, lots of normal controllers in a variety of colors, VMUs, a couple of racing wheels, VGA hookup.

3. Probably 70ish duplicate games in various states of condition (some disc only, most in cases, w/ manual) a few decent games like Soul Caliber and Shenmue but mostly just random stuff.

4. A variety of European and Japanese release games probably 10-12 total.

5. Dreamcast sign (kind of a fiber optic light sign, simple logo on clear class that is lighted from above).

6. Some assorted strategy guides.

Basically I'd like to dump this as one big lot and I'm willing to trade it for the right stuff but I have no clue what the best option is for getting rid of this kind of thing is right now. I don't really have the time to go and list out everything individually in little ebay auctions, but I'm not sure it'll move in a huge block either. CL in my area doesn't really seem to have many items that big being moved.

Honestly what I'm hoping to get out of this is:
1. Cash
2. A really screaming gaming laptop + something else to pad it out
3. A big collection of criterion collection dvds
4. A big PS3/Blu-Ray collection

Sell the rares individually. Bundle the rest into smaller groups. Full collections will sell for minimum. The random stuff like the light needs to go separately.

Basically: The smaller you can make the lots, the more money you make and vice versa. You will lose LOTS of money in large listings. Think of it as getting paid per hour of work, more work more pay. Sell as a lot and you're SOL.

I agree with ItsMeMark, if you sell the games as a big lot you will get less then sending them individually. Of course, selling them in smaller lots will take more time and effort, so there's always a tradeoff. Still, I think it would be more profitable to at least isolate the more rare games.

You can use the Sega Dreamcast Rarity List as a guide.

Well arent that many rare Dreamcast games, and you will have a hard time getting rid of the crappier common games. Plus if you are selling a complete collection you will get more attention.

bread's done
Back