Component Cable for the Wii (Picture Not Better)

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So, I bought the Psyclone Component Cables ---> LINK

They don't make my picture any better.
So, what cables am I supposed to use?

The quality is the same as the cable that came with the Wii.

I just bought Monoprice Wii cables and I noticed a huge improvement on my TV.....the colors were more vivid and the words were less blurry...

And yes turn those 2 things on ^

I'm retarded.
Thanks both of you. (Looks a small,bit better.)

What happens if you put the Wii on 480p, with the regular cables?
I'd check myself, but they were ripped.

Settings or not, I'm honestly baffled at how one wouldn't notice a difference between composite cables and component cables.

I mean, on ANY TV, it's a huge jump.

Sorry, I realize that's not helpful, I just fail to see how it's even possible.

[quote name='007']Settings or not, I'm honestly baffled at how one wouldn't notice a difference between composite cables and component cables.

I mean, on ANY TV, it's a huge jump.

Sorry, I realize that's not helpful, I just fail to see how it's even possible.[/quote]
...maybe I need to get my eye's checked.
I really don't notice a difference at all.
Except now, when I press info, it says 480p instead of 480i.

-Question, Would a S-Video connect make the picture look better then Component?
No one has been able to answer that question for me , especially people at stores.

S-Video is barely a step above composite (the cables that came with the Wii). Component is your best bet. Check out how Galaxy or Brawl looks, theres more to notice than in Red Steel.

There should be a very noticeable change in picture quality when using component cables ober composite cables. I couldn't stand the picture quality on my HD when playing the Wii. I got the Official Nintendo cables and its like night and day.

Like you said you may need to get your eyes checked.

I just got some monoprice cables and was wondering if gamecube games such as Mario Strikers, Zelda, and Resident 4 will look better with these cables.

[quote name='HuppSav']I just got some monoprice cables and was wondering if gamecube games such as Mario Strikers, Zelda, and Resident 4 will look better with these cables.[/quote]

Yes, all 3 of those games are 480p. Regardless, any game will look better with component cables even if playing on an SDTV.

probably just need your eyes checked. i plugged mine in a week ago or so when i got 'em from monoprice and immediately noticed the difference.

Keep in mind, it's not going to be HD. What kind of TV do you have. The problem is that your TV is upscaling a 480 signal to whatever resolution your tv is so it's still going to be a tad fuzzy.

If you have Links Crossbow Training, try that...it looks very noticeably better, and if you still can't tell a difference go back to rca, and its easy to see how much worse it looks.

bread's done
Back