Component cable help

zerowing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
All this talk of component cables got me thinking, can my TV run them to make the games look nicer? Well I decided to look at the back of my TV and I saw the 3 inputs for component cables but it said "dvd" and when I change the input button a DVD "channel" comes up. Now I was under the understanding that component cables only worked on HDTV sets and I'm pretty sure I don't have an HDTV. Now after some searching for manuals and the like I found nothing but I'm pretty sure this is my television here:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Samsung_TXN2730F__Standard_Televisions/display_~full_specs

Now if someone can tell me if a component cable would work on it by using that info or any other info I could get to you that would be great. Thanks alot.

Component cables do not only work on HDTV sets. They will work on any set that has the component imputs for them.

Component cables, depending on how good your eyes are ;), can provide more picture clarity/quality than composite cables can, partially due to the fact that component cables split the video information up on separate streams, rather than sending it all down one cable.

If that's your tv, then yes you can use component. The specs on amazon even list it as "dvd component input" although you can use it for anything that uses component.

It'll look much better. Text won't be fuzzy and jittering.
Colors are sharper, and you can allow progressive scan which helps even more.

You might see more jaggies, but just because the picture is sharper and Wii uses little to no AA.

Component cable will work on a TV similar to the one you linked, but no PROGRESSIVE. I had a Non-HD Sony that has component. You can see the improvement over composite and S-video, but that's pretty much it.

bread's done
Back