CompUSA $10 off any $100 Product Purchase

nuttyturnip

CAGiversary!
My office contracts with CompUSA for IT support, and today I received a coupon in my email. The fine print reads: "Get $10 off any product purchase over $100 in the next 30 days at any CompUSA store". There aren't any restrictions, so this coupon could be used on video game hardware. The only catch I see is that the coupon is designed to be used on a single purchase, so you couldn't go in and buy $100 worth of merchandise and get $10 off, although if you get the right cashier you might get away with it.

http://home.comcast.net/~nathangentry/Compusa.gif

[quote name='red_devil3']Shouldn't there be a barcode on that?[/quote]

There was no barcode anywhere in the original email. I trimmed off the rest, because it was just a letter from some random suit at CompUSA thanking me for my business.

I used the coupon today, the girl at the register had to manually take the $10 off (probably YMMV). Pretty good deal if you use the coupon on the 25% off clearance merchandise.

I took a printout of this coupon to my local Comp USA, and at checkout I asked if I could use it. I was told it didn't have any sort of SKU or offer # and looked like it was fake, so I couldn't use it. That's exactly what I expected, but it would've been nice to get $10 off since I bought something over $100 (before rebate). I've never seen a coupon at any other store without an offer #, SKU, or barcode somewhere, so I can see why the local store didn't want to take it. Without some code to match it up with in their computers, how could any store know someone didn't just use Photoshop to invent his own coupon?

bread's done
Back