CompUSA B+M - B2G1 on all clearance games - YMMV?

mgreig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
143 (100%)
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but several of the CompUSA's in SoCal are now running a B2G1 free on all discontinued or "Manager's Special" games. Now obviously most of these games are absolute crap, but there were some notable gems I managed to pick up (or reluctantly passed on):

$5 ($3 after B2G1 discount)
Dark Angel
Minority Report
Various random sports games (can't remember specifics)

$10 ($7 after B2G1 discount)
Future Tactics
Hardhitter Tennis

$15 ($10 after B2G1 discount)
Commandos 2 PS2
Fallout: BOS PS2
Romance of 3 Kingdoms 7 PS2 (!)
Freedom Fighters Xbox
Evolution Worlds NGC

$20 ($13 after B2G1 discount)
Amplitude PS2
Bloody Roar NGC
Gladiator PS2
R-Type Final PS2
.Hack Part 2 or 3 PS2
Finding Nemo NGC (plus a number of other GH games)
DBZ Budokai 2 PS2
Shinobi PS2
SWAT PS2

There were many others, plus they had a lot of $30-$40 games which I didn't scan through too closely. All in all, not the greatest sale ever, but there are some choice pickings to be had if you're willing to sort through the clutter. At my store at least, they had TONS of games eligible for this sale - probably 400-500 in total including the junk.

That's a good deal on .Hack 2 & 3. Aren't these starting to get harder to find? I might have to swing by CompUSA and see what they have.

[quote name='shipwreck']That's a good deal on .Hack 2 & 3. Aren't these starting to get harder to find? I might have to swing by CompUSA and see what they have.[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same games when I saw it. And you only have 2 $10 games listed. lol. Can anybody confirm this?

Interesting. I shall have to check them out. I have 21 $10 gift cards that I got as rebates from the up to 90% off sale they had a while back.

The Monrovia CompUSA had absolute crap, nothing worth buying. Their selection of PS2 Games was a joke, maybe about 20-30 titles.

Got this from a source with CompUSA. The B2G1 offer is not a corporate supported/issued program, but a regional/store level program. They will get whatever games are too old to return to the vendor and once they reach a certain discontinued status will place them up for B2G1.

Some stores/regions will be much more aggressive to move these out to improve their quality of inventory; basically they want to have no items that are so old that the vendor won't take it back, that would be a perfect quality of inventory.

If the store level is aggressive enough they may take a lesser amount if you are buying in mass quantity. If it is regional then they may only do what the regional manager tells them and not be willing to haggle. The store will take a hit or a loss of profit since many of these games were purchased for $10 less than the original retail price, but if its a busy store they may be willing to take a big hit on games just to get rid of the old stuff.

This deal is a huge YMMV, since some regions/store may not have this program at all.

I'll have to check... the San Diego Compusa I normally check usually has crap on clearance (Drake, etc.).

And their "clearance" prices are usually like, Burnout 2: Special clearance price, $39.98! Yes, that was last month. No wonder they can't clear out their inventory ; )

[quote name='postaboy']cool gonna check it out tomorrow if they got .hack 1, 2, 3, 4 since compusa is cross the street from csulb.[/quote]

Hey! Stay away, I was going to check that one out. :x
You should also check out that Target near there, they always seem to have stuff on clearence.

I'll check it out. My CompUSA is right next to my Best Buy and Gamestop, so once I go to Best Buy, I'll stop at CompUSA.

That's good to know logan.

Just so everyone knows, the CompUSA I found these deals at was in Oxnard, CA. That's the only one I've been able to check so far. Guess they're one of the "aggressive" stores.

bread's done
Back