CompUSA: Buy One Game get one Clearance of equal or lesser value Free! (10/19 & 20)

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Basically, I work at a CompUSA and according to our In-Store 3-day Ad you can purchase one Videogame and get a Clearance game or equal or lesser value free.

Clearance games Should be anything with "N##" or "D01" after the UPC code at the bottom of the price tag, though I haven't tried so YMMV.

[quote name='maximumzero']Basically, I work at a CompUSA and according to our In-Store 3-day Ad you can purchase one Videogame and get a Clearance game or equal or lesser value free.

Clearance games Should be anything with "N##" or "D01" after the UPC code at the bottom of the price tag, though I haven't tried so YMMV.[/QUOTE]
interesting...share more knowledge.

I'll check this out tomorrow, although my CompUSA tends to suck for games.

In-store flyers dont vary from store to store do they?

I can confirm that this is legit. Go to their website and search for games that are available IN STORE. Almost all of those games are part of the Buy 1 Get 1 free. I was told by the manager that this does indeed apply to the N and D01 games. I ended up getting the following:

Battlestations Midway 360 33.98
Atelier Iris FREE

Call of Juarez 34.99
Shadowrun FREE

Gears of War 49.99
Gears of War FREE

Saints Row 29.99
Custom Robo Arena FREE

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 26.99
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II FREE

Rockstar Table Tennis 17.99
Kameo FREE

Rogue Galaxy 36.98
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI FREE

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 29.99
SF Alpha Anthology FREE

On top of this, every time you make a purchase...you get a coupon on your receipt good for $5 off a $25 purchase. So as you can imagine, I used a bunch of $5 coupons on these purchases which saved me even more money.

damn havent bought games from compusa in over a year, last time they had that red tag or red star sale, other than that usually their selection has been overpriced or with older games

The way I understood it is that they have 2 levels of clearance items. The "N" items are the really old ones and the "D01" items recently clearanced items. Anything that's labeled with those codes falls under this deal. When I checked to see what didn't work with this deal, it was basically the new releases (within the past year). Anything older than that should work. But you can only be sure if you look at the label on the game that says "Manager's Special" with the price. Look for the "N" or "D01". I can give a list of other games I saw off the top of my head if you like.

They closed all the Compusa's around me. The closes one is ... (checks web site) Des Moines (225 Miles). Thanks for the info though OP.

Here's what I can remember right now for 360. All of these ranged from $17 to $40:
Shadowrun
Battlestations Midway
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
Call of Juarez
Saints Row
Gears of War ($49.99)
Rockstar Table Tennis
Kameo
Rainbow Six Vegas
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
C&C Tiberium Wars
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Need for Speed Carbon
Fight Night Round 3
Blazing Angels
PGR3
All-Pro Football 2K8
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Burnout Revenge
Full Auto
Just Cause
Chromehounds
Amped 3
Samurai Warriors 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Earth Defense Force 2017
Blitz The League
Fuzion Frenzy 2
UEFA Champions League 2006-07
DDR Universe
And all the standard EA Sports titles

[quote name='sarma81']Here's what I can remember right now for 360. All of these ranged from $17 to $40:
Shadowrun
Battlestations Midway
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
Call of Juarez
Saints Row
Gears of War ($49.99)
Rockstar Table Tennis
Kameo
Rainbow Six Vegas
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
C&C Tiberium Wars
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Need for Speed Carbon
Fight Night Round 3
Blazing Angels
PGR3
All-Pro Football 2K8
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Burnout Revenge
Full Auto
Just Cause
Chromehounds
Amped 3
Samurai Warriors 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Earth Defense Force 2017
Blitz The League
Fuzion Frenzy 2
UEFA Champions League 2006-07
DDR Universe
And all the standard EA Sports titles[/quote]

Some very good stuff in this set of games. I have pretty much all I want from the list, but the majority of those games are good quality.

[quote name='o_O']They have the ad on their website too.

Doesn't say another word about it[/quote]

So I can buy Halo 3 and Gears of War for $59.99?

If so, I'm there. Can anyone explain for me? lol

Halo 3's a new release so I'm willing to bet that it doesn't have the "N" or "D01" code. Gears of War does work though.

[quote name='sarma81']Halo 3's a new release so I'm willing to bet that it doesn't have the "N" or "D01" code. Gears of War does work though.[/quote]

The way the ad is written (and I haven't tried it, so I can not guarantee that this is how it actually works), the first game doesn't need to be clearance, only the free one does. So, if that is the way it works, one could buy any new release ($49.99 or more) and get Gears of War for free.

I would interpret the ad that way as well (buy 1 regular or clearance / get 1 clearance), but as you know, CompUSA is so YMMV that it depends on the manager you're dealing with. As far as Wii titles, I only remember seeing a bunch of Spiderman 3, Surf's Up, Shrek the Third, SSX Blur, Need for Speed Carbon, and Sonic and the Secret Rings.

[quote name='sarma81']I would interpret the ad that way as well (buy 1 regular or clearance / get 1 clearance), but as you know, CompUSA is so YMMV that it depends on the manager you're dealing with. As far as Wii titles, I only remember seeing a bunch of Spiderman 3, Surf's Up, Shrek the Third, SSX Blur, Need for Speed Carbon, and Sonic and the Secret Rings.[/quote]

Thanks, thats enough for me to at least check it out during lunch.

I'll report back later.

Here is a quick list of "Available In-Store" Wii games that are less than $49.99

* = Good chance its on clearance (please correct/add if Im wrong)

Anubis II - $19.99*
Surfs Up - $19.99*
Farcry Vengeance - $19.99
Shrek the Third - $24.99*
Madden NFL 07 - $24.99*
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $25.99*
SSX Blur - $26.99*
Prince of Persia Rival Swords - $26.99*
Monster 4X4 World Circuit w/ Wheel - $26.99*
Resident Evil 4 - $29.99
Super Monkey Ball - $29.99
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $29.99
Need for Speed Carbon - $29.99*
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $29.99
Pool Party - $29.99
Red Steel - $29.99*
Blazing Angels - $29.99*
Rapala Tournament Fishing - $32.99*
Table Tennis - $39.99*
Heatseeker - $39.99*
Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal - $39.99
Carnival Games - $39.99
Transformers - $39.99
Excite Truck - $44.99
Ratatouille - $44.99
Call of Duty 3- $44.99
Spider-Man 3 - $44.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $44.99
Tony Hawk's Downhill jam - $44.99
The Bigs - $44.99
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - $44.99

Just got back from compusa...

Im not sure how the sale is supposed to work in thier system but its wasnt working automatically.

I grabbed:

Rayman Raving Rabbids - $29.99
Red Steel - $29.99 (-D01 at the end of sku)

Rayman Raving Rabbids - $29.99 (yes a 2nd copy for brother)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $25.99 (-D01)

MLB Power Pros - $39.99
Heatseeker - $39.99 (-D01)

The sales rep had no idea about the special and didnt have a sales ad. After looking it up online they agreed to honor it, however they had to scan some bar code on a sheet of paper to bring up a price match sku and then manually changed the price of the -D01 game to $.01

I guess that leaves the door open to exchange the full price game later or return it and keep the $.01 game.

So in the end, either the Compusa system wasnt set up to honor this deal or not all - D01 games are valid (well not Wii games). Its possible there are no Wii games at all on clearance as I didnt see any "Managers Special" tags on any of the Wii & PS3, but saw quite a few on the Xbox360, PS2 and DS games. Everything that had a special tag on it ended had -N?? at the end of the sku.

If anyone else does this, let me know how the checkout process worked for you. Also the $5 off $25, $10 off $100 and $25 off $250 coupon did print out with each game receipt. Coupon expires 11/20 but they would not let me use them because it says 'Not valid with any other offer/discount" in the small print.

Grand total was around $100 for 6 Wii Games, so even w/o doing any returns its a great deal.

Dammit... this had to happen when I was at school with no CompUSAs near.

My CompUSA had a bunch of good games on clearance!:bomb:

[quote name='goirish']I must be blind - where does it show the sale online?[/quote]

I was blind - nevermind.

[quote name='goirish']I must be blind - where does it show the sale online?[/quote]

View the weekly circular for your store thats online. Its on the middle of the main page and says Thurs-Sat Sale, click here.

I went to my CompUSA at lunch, and they had no idea what I was talking about. The ad had no mention of it. I didn't think to tell them to look online.

So be advised, you will have to pester for this.

I went to CUSA. No sign of the sale. Nothing. I tried to get Sonic Secret Rings and SSX Blur for Wii just to see but they both rang up and nothing was taken off. I think this may be very YMMV as to what's actually on clearance and whether you can convince an employee to manually do it for you. I also tried getting Bleach and SF Anthology and they both rang up (these were all the way through transactions, I guess I have some returning to do). Also, no coupon printed out either.

I printed up the advertisment and going to check out my local Comp after work. I hope it works on DS as well as 360 games.

I am blind. I checked the 3-day ad and it didn't mention anything about the deal. I added Bioshock and Gears of War and it charged me for both.

What am I doing wrong?

Link anyone?

Yeah I cant find it on their site either.

Also instead of a link maybe directions to find it as a link isnt worht crap while I am at CompUSA and they are looking on their internet.

Thanks

For Indy cags, the Compusa in Castleton had signs up all over the place and even had a rack of clearance games out in front of the store. Lots of 360 and PS2. You have to do some searching to find all the clearance games. There's the rack out front, a rack in the video game department and then some mixed with the regular video games and also on two special displays they have set up away from the department.

For Indy cags, the Compusa in Castleton had signs up all over the place and even had a rack of clearance games out in front of the store. Lots of 360 and PS2. You have to do some searching to find all the clearance games. There's the rack out front, a rack in the video game department and then some mixed with the regular video games and also on two special displays they have set up away from the department.

Greenville, SC
I picked up PS2 Okami at my local CUSA for 19.98. Turns out it was mis-labeled, it was still ringing up $39.98 but I pointed it out to the cashier and they had a manager fix it.

They had a decent amount of games on sale either in section with "Manager"s Special" labeling or out behind the checkout section against the outer wall there was a dump table with a bunch of stuff on it. I didn't even see this lot until after I had checked out, since it is situated after the checkout area.

Regardless, although there were a lot of games, they were all crap. Okami was the only thing worth getting.

Thanks OP

Get:
-Eternal Sonata
-Gears of Wars for FREE

-Blue Dragon
-Gears of Wars for FREE

-Okami
-Romance 3 Kingdoms XI for FREE

-Dynasty Warriors 2 PSP
-Atelier Iris 3 for FREE

Clerks knew nothing about the sale and games rang up reg. price.

Ask them to check with a manager or someone else. After about 5 min. got

Crackdown $17.50

Lost Planet $17.50

At least at the CUSA on 5th and 37th ~ 38th in Manhattan, it's a barren wasteland of games. The "clearance" bin has a ton of Gears of War and Pimp my Ride, and that's about it. The shelves literally have almost nothing, and what's there is just strewn about haphazardly. There are some copies of Def Jam: Icon for the PS3, SSX Blur for the Wii, and random garbage for the PS2 (Sopranos, Ghost Rider). Save your time and effort.

Picked up Heavenly Sword and got the Collector's Edition of Gears of War ($55, marked down from $70) for free! Great deal. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Grogknot']I haven't seen anyone post any clearance DS games. Do they have a clearance on any?[/quote]

I saw about 20+ clearance DS games.

A few that I can recall with my severe ADD are:

Wario Master of Disguise
Transformers Autobots
Superman Returns
Brainage
Lego Star Wars 2
Spiderman Battle for New York
Shrek the 3rd

[quote name='Tirade']I saw about 20+ clearance DS games.

A few that I can recall with my severe ADD are:

Wario Master of Disguise
Transformers Autobots
Superman Returns
Brainage
Lego Star Wars 2
Spiderman Battle for New York
Shrek the 3rd[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately there is nothing all that desirable in the DS section. I really wanted to pick up Phantom Hourglass, but the slim pickings kept me from doing so. One to add to the list though...

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

If I didn't already have that, I would have picked it up for sure.

bread's done
Back