CompUSA: Buy One Game get one Clearance of equal or lesser value Free! (10/19 & 20)

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Basically, I work at a CompUSA and according to our In-Store 3-day Ad you can purchase one Videogame and get a Clearance game or equal or lesser value free.

Clearance games Should be anything with "N##" or "D01" after the UPC code at the bottom of the price tag, though I haven't tried so YMMV.

Went to the one in Dayton , OH and they didn't have crap. The games were also different prices than online (ex: Allpro football was 24.99 online and 49.99 in store and TH Project 8 was 24.99 online and $32.99 in store). There were no bins with games in them either.

[quote name='maximumzero']Basically, I work at a CompUSA and according to our In-Store 3-day Ad you can purchase one Videogame and get a Clearance game or equal or lesser value free.

Clearance games Should be anything with "N##" or "D01" after the UPC code at the bottom of the price tag, though I haven't tried so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

So how do they know they're clearance if they're not clearly marked as such? Does a tag come up on their computer when they scan it? I'm probably going to go back after work and try it anyway, but it would be nice to know in advance...

I got this to work at CompUSA here in Houston after much deliberation between store employees.

1. Asked a guy what "clearance" meant because there was a basket with games in it where I found ROTK XI.

2. He takes me to customer service.
3. They pass me to a guy that works in the games section.
4. I decide on Soul Nomad as my regular game after he says "he guesses it should work".
5. I go to customer service and tell the girl who passed me off if I need to tell the cashier to talk to them. She says no.
6. The cashier wants to talk to her...She comes....It doesnt ring up as free.
7. They bring a head of customer service guy over who then takes it to the manager.
8. Returns with an override.
9. Manager pops out and says the deal is I have to buy a console to get a free game.
10. The customer service guy and I go get the 3 day advert from their front window and take it to the manager.
11. I'm finally able to get my games!

So...I ended up paying 39.99 for Soul Nomad and then got ROTK XI for free.

Good times.

hmmm..
so i go to the one on milford here in Connecticut
the place is dead ( no customres at all )
see the bin and pick my two games
go to the register and they rang up normal:bomb::bomb:
ask the manager . :argue:.. doesnt know anything:hot::hot:....
left with kameo that HAPPENS to have a MANAGER sticker for $9.99 even though it rang for 17:nottalking:

so now im going back with my frineds that loves to argue and lets see what happens...

I saw Elite Beat Agents in the clearance bin, rings up $24.99. Which, yes, is cheaper than the $29.99 MSRP...but I'd hardly call it clearance. Didn't see anything to pair it up with that was worth it.

My CompUSA apparently marks items up, though. Both Brain Ages were on the shelf for $24.99. :bomb:

Not impressed.

Why don't you guys ask them to bring up the advertisement on their website?

Mine had the newspaper ad posted on their sales board when you first walk in the door.

Usually the desktops arent connected to the internet but the laptops typically are I've found. Have them watch while you are putting in your zip code to show your local 3 day advertisement. I don't see why that should not solve the issue for some of yall that just walk away.

"A console game is defined as a game that is regularly priced"

2 stores in my area here in NC. First one honored the sale by giving me 50% off all clearance games. Same as buy 1 get 1 free. Second store said no, a console game is defined as a game that is regularly priced. Asked them what a "console" was and they said ps2, xbox 360 etc. So I should be able to buy a clearance game and then get a clearance game free right? No they said, because a clearance game is not a console game. Man, they some stupid people 'round here!

Mine honored it no problem (just had to get the mgr real quick). Got All Pro Football 2k8 and NBA Street Homecourt for PS3 for $29.99 + tax. The mgr questioned it at first but once the cashier pointed out the D01 code on Street he was fine w/ it. They have a sheet w/ a barcode to scan so the quickest way to get taken care of would be to ask for the mgr up front (provided they know what the hell is going on).

OK so I went to the CompUSA on 37th and 5th a few hours ago. I left with:

Crackdown $34.99
Spiderman 3 360 FREE

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 360 $29.98
FEAR 360 FREE

GRAW 360 $26.99
TMNT 360 FREE

SOCOM Combined Assault $17.98
NFS Carbon XBOX FREE

Viva Pinata $15.99
NBA Live 07 FREE

I got $5 off most of these transactions as well thanks to the coupon. Just to clarify, this deal is NOT available online. It's only valid in store. Also, the two stores that I've been to in NYC...they've had to scan the barcode from their promo binder in order to get it to work. The promo will NOT automatically be applied. They need to scan the barcode from the binder. Just tell them the promo is listed in the ad and that it applies to "N" and "D01" games. One other thing...I looked up Super Mario DS, Planet Puzzle League, Mario Kart DS, Touchmaster, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, and God of War 2. None of those games were part of the clearance. Let me know if you have any other questions.

awesome deal. clearance bin was in the front. found one copy of gears of war.

Eternal Sonata $60
Gears of War Free!

had to show the CSR the ad on their site and then the guy told me that you have to buy a console for it to work, and i said the ad said just a game, and he told me to hold on and he waited for the manager to get off thep hone. the manager stayed on the phone for a really long time so the guy went over tehre and i don't know if he asked him anything but he came back and did it for me manually. he thought eternal sonata was the clearance game so he scanned gears of war, then he went ot hte ocmputer to check something and he said "are you sure you got tihs in the bin?" and i said "no i got the other one" and he said oh ok so i left with eternal sonata and gears of war for about $32 each. great deal.

Went by after work. Indianapolis (Castleton)
There were signs posted and large rack of games.
Picked up Rainbow Six Vegas.
got Lost Planet - Free.

360 Games I remember seeing:
Superman
Just Cause
Chromehounds
Table Tennis
Live Arcade
Amped 3
DOAX2
Tiger Woods 06

On the shelf with D01 tags:
Lost Planet
Dead Rising
Spiderman 3
Blazing Angels

That's about all I can remember. They also had a rack up front of games that were by 2 or more get 25% off. A managers special. Most were 29.99 games. Like Burnout Revenge, Fight Night Round 3 and Call of Duty 3.

D01 Tags I remember seeing that were WII:
SSX
Heatseeker
Transformers
POP

Picked up the Orange box and Gears of War. Not too shabby. They didn't know about the special - they called up the manager. He checked out the flyer in the front and said "Wow - yea just void out the lowest one". Sounded like he was going to be picking up a few games for himself. Cheers!

Sorry about my lack of info guys, as I didn't go to work today, and I didn't find out about said sale until late Thursday night.

Also it's kinda hard for me to know what's D or N without actually being in the store and having access to the inventory system.

Anywho I'm considering picking up Sonic and the Secret Rings or Sonic Rush Adventure in addition to the freebie being Elite Beat Agents, TMNT (Wii) or Simcity DS.

Will have to scour the inventory system tomorrow long and hard before I make up my mind though.

so i went back and i show the flyer to the cashier , she calls the manager again and finally did the pricing .. .
they didnt have any games...
so i got perfect dark for 16.99 and free kameo ...

[quote name='babycarlitos']hmmm..
so i go to the one on milford here in Connecticut
the place is dead ( no customres at all )
see the bin and pick my two games
go to the register and they rang up normal:bomb::bomb:
ask the manager . :argue:.. doesnt know anything:hot::hot:....
left with kameo that HAPPENS to have a MANAGER sticker for $9.99 even though it rang for 17:nottalking:

so now im going back with my frineds that loves to argue and lets see what happens...[/quote]

so i went back and i show the flyer to the cashier , she calls the manager again and finally did the pricing .. .
they didnt have any games...
so i got perfect dark for 16.99 and free kameo ...:roll::roll:

I stopped by and found the clearance stuff, but everything was priced higher than I expected. The one bonus was that they had the demo for Guitar Hero III there so I got to rock out on a 61inch Big Screen.

Scorpions have never sounded so good!!

Picked up
Shadowrun for 34.99
Prey for free

I'm so cheap I almost didn't bite. Saw somebody got Lost Planet and Crackdown for under $20 that's fantastic. My comp USA had them for $34+ and I already have crackdown.

And it did take waaaay to long for them to figure out how the deal worked. They said they never get detailed instructions from their corporate office on how to handle these things.

[quote name='huvabut']Picked up
Shadowrun for 34.99
Prey for free

I'm so cheap I almost didn't bite. Saw somebody got Lost Planet and Crackdown for under $20 that's fantastic. My comp USA had them for $34+ and I already have crackdown.

And it did take waaaay to long for them to figure out how the deal worked. They said they never get detailed instructions from their corporate office on how to handle these things.[/QUOTE]

My CompUSA had Lost Planet and Crackdown for $34 as well, but when the cashier finally rung up the transaction he charged me $17.50 for each title. Same deal as buy one get one free, he just rung it up differently.

And Lost Planet was actually tagged on the floor as $39.99. Guess it showed up in the computer as $34.99.

I almost didn't bite as well. But maannnn! what a deal. I missed the last Crackdown special CompUSA had for $17 a couple weeks ago. And I've been wanting to check out Lost Planet for a while now.

[quote name='sarma81']OK so I went to the CompUSA on 37th and 5th a few hours ago. I left with:

Crackdown $34.99
Spiderman 3 360 FREE.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I went over that place with a fine tooth comb, looking for Crackdown.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this still up for today or only a 2 day deal?[/QUOTE]

It's a 2-day, but I think those days are the 19th and 20th (so yesterday and today).

Thanks OP picked up GRAW2 and Rainbow 6 Vegas for 40 plus tax.

Had to go through the manager BS though come on CUSSR get your act together no wonder 1/2 your stores were liquidated.

Picked up a few older games I was missing with this sale ...

Harry Potter :OOTP x360 $24.99
Bullet Witch x360 (Free)

Resident Evil 4 Wii $29.99
Hitman: Blood Money x360 (Free)

Splinter Cell Double Agent Collectors Edition x360 $26.99
The Godfather x360 (free)

Lost Planet x360 $29.99
F.E.A.R. x360 (Free)

Went to the Columbia, MD store last night; no signs for the sale, and nothing worth arguing with a cashier for, so I didn't buy anything. Today I went to the Towson store, and they had printouts of the circular everywhere. Funny thing is, I still had to argue with the cashier.

I picked up the Orange Box and Gears of War, and the B1G1 free didn't ring up. I pointed to the ad printout lying at the register, and the cashier called over Captain Clueless to figure out why it didn't ring up. He looked at the ad for a minute, then said, "Here's your problem. This says "equal or lesser value", like that explained everything. I pointed out that Gears of War was indeed less than the Orange Box, at which point he got an annoyed look on his face, wandered off to try to find another manager, and when he didn't, he punched in the override.

I got:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $59.99
Gears of War Collector's Ed - FREE

Kameo - $16.99
God Hand - FREE

Lumines II - 19.99
Viva Pinata - FREE

Jeanne D'Arc - 29.99
Loco Roco - FREE

Zelda Twilight Princess - 49.99
Trauma Center Wii - FREE
(these were actually both on the clearance rack, no idea why, but it worked!)

Thanks OP!

So what it looks like is I can buy Rainbow 6 vegas for 39.99, and get another for free. Then head over to EB/Gamestop and trade them in for 20 bucks each, plus 10% edge card, plus $10 trade in 2 deal, so I net 14 bucks each time

[quote name='dethsesh']So what it looks like is I can buy Rainbow 6 vegas for 39.99, and get another for free. Then head over to EB/Gamestop and trade them in for 20 bucks each, plus 10% edge card, plus $10 trade in 2 deal, so I net 14 bucks each time[/QUOTE]

Except only a retard would go to so much trouble to trade $40 in cash for $54 in EB/Gamestop store credit considering that their used games are overpriced and their new games are never on sale. You could just pay cash for whatever games you want on ebay and come out the same or better as you do under your idiotic scheme, but without the time/gas wasted.

No luck at the CompUSA in SA even though they had the games on a movable rack with a clearance sign on them. I picked up 2 copies of Gears of War, Fight Night 3, & Viva Pinata. I had them ring up Gears of War first and it didn't show the B1G1. After that, I pointed out they were on the clearance rack, but she looked at the pricetag ($49.99) and said that they were a manager's special and not a clearance item. I got them to bring a manager, but he repeated the same thing. Said that the games on clearance ended with a .98 price. Wouldn't budge, even though the cart was clearly labeled clearance. The only games with that were '07 games.

[quote name='JCDenton']Except only a retard would go to so much trouble to trade $40 in cash for $54 in EB/Gamestop store credit considering that their used games are overpriced and their new games are never on sale. You could just pay cash for whatever games you want on ebay and come out the same or better as you do under your idiotic scheme, but without the time/gas wasted.[/quote]

your an idiot if you thought i was making an honest suggestion, and your just a straight up prick

I got FFT and got Just Cause for free.

I assume I can't take Just Cause back, because the deal ended yesterday...
It's a decent 360 game, right? I need something to play when I get a 360.

[quote name='trq']Dammit. I went over that place with a fine tooth comb, looking for Crackdown.

It's a 2-day, but I think those days are the 19th and 20th (so yesterday and today).[/QUOTE]

Not much at NYC besides when I asked one of the floor guys he did not know what I was talking about, I would've tryied if they had something I really liked...

[quote name='Dibol13']thx for the deal
i could use this

does it workon 360 and pc titles?[/quote]

The deal ended two days ago.

[quote name='trq']Dammit. I went over that place with a fine tooth comb, looking for Crackdown.

It's a 2-day, but I think those days are the 19th and 20th (so yesterday and today).[/quote]

If members are seeking Crackdown, I might drive back to my store and see if the 4 or so copies at 50% off are still there.
LMK!

bread's done
Back