CompUSA clearance games YMMV

iostream1110

CAG Veteran
Tonight I stopped by my local CompUSA (Latham, NY) and the had a whole bunch of clearance games in a bin at the front of the store and on a rack (also at the front of the store). The sign on the clearance stuff said up to 80% off.

I don't remember all of the prices because there were a ton of games and some of the games were at full price anyway...it was a strange clearance. What I did pick up though was:

Full Auto 2 - PS3 - $19.98
Enchanted Arms - PS3 - $4.98
Lego Star Wars II - The Original Trilogy - NDS - $4.98

Anyway they had games for the PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, NDS, PS3, and Wii.

I searched the forums and didn't find this listed so I'm sorry if it is a repost. Good luck finding things if you still have a CompUSA near you - there were a lot of games.

One final note they also had a bin of candy (mostly Monster mints (Peppermint) but they did have some Bawls mints and M&M's) that was reduced to $ .99 and when the cashier rang them up the rang up as free.

I'm sorry I didn't look at the prices for the Wii games too closely because I wasn't interested in any of them. I think I remember seeing Tony Hawk, SSX, and there were at least two or three others but I just don't remember.

The other things I didn't look at too closely because I wasn't too interested.

Some of the 360 stuff was really cheap too but I don't have a 360 so I didn't pay attention.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn, I would've bought the crap out of Enchanted Arms and flipped them at GR.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the noobile question, but what the eff is GR?

Ha! I frequent that same CompUSA in Latham, and that clearance rack in the front makes no sense...it's with the clearance stuff, and yet, most of the games on it are still full price. They do get some very sweet deals there though (about a month ago I picked up Legend of Heroes 3, Elite Beat Agents, and Phantasy Star Universe for 360 for $7.50 each)

i Live In Albany And I Went 2 Compusa This Afternoon And Got The Last Enchanted Arms For Ps3 Then Sold It At Coconut's For $26.50.then Went Back 2 Comp Usa And Got Battlefield 2:mc,tc Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter&viva Pinata:SPECIAL EDITION All On Xbox 360, For $10 Each.plus I Got Lego Star Wars Ii For Ds For $5.after I Sold The Ps3 GAME Its Like I Got The All The Games For $10.other Than That The Deals Were Just So-so 2 Me.

THANKS 4 THA POST---IONSTREAM1110

I went over to the CompUSA in Latham and saw a lot as well. They had the black rack at the front of the store, right across from (what I believe is) the customer service desk. A TON of 360 games, it looked like most of the PS3 games were bought up, though, as I only saw a few.

Some of the 360 games I remember names/prices for were:

Full Auto - 9.98
Bulletwitch - 19.98
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - 9.98
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - 9.98

I wasn't looking through much of the 360 games considering I don't have a 360, but was just looking for a good deal for a few friends. That front rack had DS games and some PSP games, mixed in a few PS2 and Xbox games.

I thought all the Wii games were gone, but then I go over to the games section, and as soon as you come up to the games, if you take a left down the aisle there is a bin full of games marked down. A bunch more 360 games and PSP games in that bin, as well as a crapload of Wii ones.

The Wii ones which I remember are:

Heatseeker - 19.98
Tamagotchi - 19.98
SSX Blur -29.98
Tony Hawk - 29.98
Godfather - 29.98
Meet The Robinsons - 19.98

And I'm pretty sure those were what was it of the Wii games in there. Some of the deals are pretty nice, most are 20 bucks off, and some are 30, so good deals there.

If you have a 360 and are in the area, I highly suggest running over there and checking them out, you might find a great deal.

You could also add the following 360 games (from what I can remember):

Call of Duty 3/Gold Edition -29.98
Just Cause - 29.98
Godfather - 29.98 (maybe 19.98, can't remember)
Top Spin 2 - 19.98
Battlefield 2 - 9.98
Full Auto - 9.98
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires - 19.98

I picked up Battlefield & Full Auto, I believe the last copies of both. Thought about CoD3, but considering I'm less than half way through the second, i can wait for a cheaper drop elsewhere.

[quote name='Josef']My CUSA has DOA Xtreme 2 on Manager's Special for $59.98 \\:D/[/QUOTE]

That means it is eligible for buy one get one free purchase. That is how the Aurora location was doing things. At first I was like, 1 cent off retail WTF?!?! ...but then I saw the sign "Buy 1 Get 1 Free Consoles Games"

[quote name='freshzen']That means it is eligible for buy one get one free purchase. That is how the Aurora location was doing things. At first I was like, 1 cent off retail WTF?!?! ...but then I saw the sign "Buy 1 Get 1 Free Consoles Games"[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting that CUSA deals are almost always YMMV (no such deal at my store - at least it's not advertised).

My CompUSA is made of fail... All I get is the "manager's special: full price" or "manager's special: twice what you paid a month ago somewhere else"

too bad too, because i'd get bullet witch, fusion frenzy 2, and a few copies of full auto for that price.

I might have to check them out again. I remember going there about 2-3 months ago and they didn't have their usual clearance game bin and instead had some crappy games in a 'deals' bin along with a bunch of other crap (like 6ft ethernet cables for only $10!!!).

I was in the Manchester, CT CompUsa store on Saturday, 8/4 and they had a few good deals. I picked up Hitman:Blood Money (PS2)for $5.98. They only had one copy left after I took one. I also noticed several copies of NFL Head Coach(PS2) for $4.98. What shocked me was several copies of Tiger Woods 2007(360) for $4.98!! I couldn't believe they were so cheap. I would have picked up a few but I was short on cash and don't have a 360. Oh well, sorry. No such deals at the Holyoke, MA store.

bread's done
Back