CompUSA Sale Dec31-Jan1 (recieved via email)

Eric467

CAGiversary!
I just recieved an email from CompUSA with an ad for 10-90% off online or B&M from Dec 31st to Jan 1st. They don't list specific games but they do say the prices start at $4.99. I can't find a link at their site, but assume it will be up on the 31st.

I posted the Compusa ad for Xmas and apparently the code for games did not work. We had a series of emails:

1st email from me:
Hello Customer Service,

I tried to order a game for the Xbox. I wanted to use your promotional codes for Dec 25
but the code for games (Presents) did not work. In fact, a few other people I know said it didnt work for them either....

I did use another code to buy a something else and it worked out fine. So the problem seems to be only for the
Gaming code. Can you help me out?
Thanks

Second Email (response from Customer Service)
The promo code presents is for software only and doesn't work
for either
PC or console games. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you
CompUSA Customer Service
1-800-653-3831

Reply from me:
Thanks for the quick reponse. I do like to point out that the promo code
for
games was listed at "Presents" not software. In fact, other people had the
same problem too.

Since I can not access the web page to show this to you, I guess only the
webmaster for your site can verify this.

4th Email (From Customer Service)
This promo code was not on our site. I have gotten several emails from
customers that saw this information on another site with all the valid
promo codes along with the bad ones. I do apologize for the confusion.
Presents is not a valid CompUSA promo code.

Thanks
CompUSA Customer Service
1-800-653-3831

So in a nutshell, Compusa customer service is full of crap. You are taking your chances when you order with them.

This looks interesting - I will be there when CompUSA opens on Friday to see if there is anything good...

[quote name='slidecage']the game says OFFER no vaild online so nothing for me[/quote]

Yeah. Youre right. I guess I was in a bitchy mood yesterday.

This has to be the SORRIEST sale I have ever seen. The only 4.98 games were WWE Crush Hour, Mad Maestro, Mark Davis Bass Challenge, Herdy Gerdy, and Butt Ugly Martians, but everything else seemed to be full price or even higher than other stores.

WARM: Here's a couple of old PC games that are on sale online.

Neverwinter Nights - $5.99
Enter The Matrix - $5.99
NBA Live 2005 - $9.99
Vault of Darkness - $9.99
Mafia - $9.99 (Regular price - but I recommend it)
Medieval Total War Platinum - $9.99
Unreal Tournament 2004 - $19.99

[quote name='Lina']CompUSA. Yuck.

Have they ever had a good sale?[/quote]

A few years ago they used to have a lot of great sales. For some reason though, this year has been lousy for Compusa sales.

You can find Zoocube for the GBA for $10 online and instore (thats a good puzzle game that I recommend). Aside from that, there isn't anything interesting of late.

bread's done
Back