CompUSA Yellow Balloon Clearance

cwalker3

CAGiversary!
Went to CompUSA (Columbia MD) at lunch and they are having a clearance event. When you go into the store, clearance tables are spread throughout and made obvious with yellow balloons.

I got Kameo, Madden 07 HOF Edition, and Chromehounds for $9.99 each. They also had lots of other older 360 titles clearanced, but none were less than $24.99, and most were $29.99 - none were worth buying or mentioning.

Other notables, all $9.99

- Sopranos - PS2
- Shield - PS2
- NBA Live 07 PSP
- Godfather PSP
- Just Cause Xbox
- Various EA Sports Xbox
- Superman Returns Xbox

Not much, I know, but perhaps your store will have a better selection.

And while I'm at it, they had lots of other cheap stuff. Got Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome for less than a buck!

Damn, I saw this deal on Slickdeals yesterday (not Columbia specifically) and decided not to go down there because I figured it was YMMV. Were there lots of copies of Kameo left, because I've been looking to pick that one up?

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Damn, I saw this deal on Slickdeals yesterday (not Columbia specifically) and decided not to go down there because I figured it was YMMV. Were there lots of copies of Kameo left, because I've been looking to pick that one up?[/quote]
There was one copy, and the kid at the register said he was going to grab it once he saw how cheap it was. There were plenty of Madden's left, but that was it in terms of the 360...

Thanks a lot OP. I went 10 minutes before closing and picked up Madden 07 HoF for $10 and City of Heroes for $5.

Might be worth swinging by after work tomorrow to see if there are any copies of Chromehounds left...

I swear....they do this AFTER the only CompUSA within a 200 mile radius closes down >.>

Could anyone pick up Kameo and Chromehounds for me? If you can, I'll see you in my Trade List ;)

One other suggestion is to scan the entire store. There were clearance games in 4 random spots in my store.

This is huge YMMV. Compusa marks its games down differently at every store. The one closest to me has all of the games listed in the OP at full price less 10%. So you get "bargains" such as 10% off of $39.99 for Just Cause.

Hm, wondering what kind of PC deals they have... pretty ironic CompUSA is the last place I'd go for anything PC related these days.

My store had a big bin with these games and more... all for $29.99 each. (Kameo, Chromehounds, Madden 07 SE/LE, Perfect Dark)

Some clearance.

The cashier who did the price checking commented that this stuff was $9.99 last week... so they actually marked them UP for the yellow ballon event.

YMMV, definitely. But thanks for the heads up.

The Columbia, Md store uped the price on the $30 games bin, most are $50 now and you can still see the $30 tag underneath

Madden 07 hof edition only $10 360 game left

[quote name='jerm781']The Columbia, Md store uped the price on the $30 games bin, most are $50 now and you can still see the $30 tag underneath

Madden 07 hof edition only $10 360 game left[/quote]

I was there yesterday and they had a few Xbox games marked at $9.98 (Superman Returns, Flat Out 2, Just Cause) and PSP (Godfather). All of the 360 games were $19.99 and above.

Saw Spy Hunter Nowhere to Run for $40, that was comical.

Picked up Madden 07 HOF for $10.

Saw a few things not on the list today:

Elite Beat Agents - DS
Legend of Heroes III - PSP
Phantasy Star Universe - Xbox 360

All for $7.49 each. Couldn't resist.

Towson store was mostly a bust. Their "sale" prices were mostly regular prices elsewhere (Kameo for $29.99, yippee). They did have a display of PSP games up front that looked promising. No titles I wanted, so I didn't look closely at prices, but I noticed WTF for $9.98.

10% off Clearance games in Goleta, CA

Madden 07 19.99 10% off
Madden 07 HOF 29.99 10% off
Tom Clancy Slinter Cell 39.99 10% off
Top Spin 2 34.99 10% off

The yellow ballon thing is dead. They've marked up these older games with new stickers which are $30+.

That sucks after work (Circuit City), I went next door to COMP USA to check it out and they have 10% off all games in this bin and they were Buy 1 Get 1 Free. I was surprised because they have about 5 copies of the Gears of War Collectors Edition but when price checked it was still $69.99.

Mine had a bunch of 360 games for $30 but I was able to score :

Hitman Blood Money $10
Superman returns $10
Just Cause $10
POP:2 Thrones $10
Run Like Hell $1
Circus Maximus $1
LOTR: 3rd Age $1

All for XBOX. They only had 1 more superman left from this games.

bread's done
Back