Computer help needed!!! XP installation

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I am updating my dads IBM laptop to XP from Win 98 and I couldn't find my XP Code so I just popped in my Emachines system restore from my other computer, I didn't think it would even work at all but it seemed to be installing fine . Then it finished installing and asked to restart and now when ever I restart All i get is :
Invalid system disk
Replace the disk and then press any key

I dunno what is up with it, it won't let me use my XP CD but I can use the Emachines CD and I reinstalled it and it does the same thing. It has a second hard drive i dunno if that is what is messing it up. What did I do

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']I am updating my dads IBM laptop to XP from Win 98 and I couldn't find my XP Code so I just popped in my Emachines system restore from my other computer, I didn't think it would even work at all but it seemed to be installing fine . Then it finished installing and asked to restart and now when ever I restart All i get is :
Invalid system disk
Replace the disk and then press any key

I dunno what is up with it, it won't let me use my XP CD but I can use the Emachines CD and I reinstalled it and it does the same thing. It has a second hard drive i dunno if that is what is messing it up. What did I do[/QUOTE]

Your Emachine WinXP may be an OEM version that checks the bios to make sure it matches as it should.

bread's done
Back