Computer Joystick working with PS3

maci

CAG Veteran
So I stumbled upon an old PC controller I had laying around. I plugged it into my PS3 and it worked! Even the joysticks worked flawlessly. Some buttons were switched around unfortunately. The R3 button was Start and vise versa. Triangle, Circle and X were switched around as well. Is this old news? Heres a dumb question, does the Xbox controller work for PS3? (I used a controller called AxisPad)

That means that a PS2 controller with those ps2->USB adapters would likely work too. Now the question is.... would the PC GH3 guitar work with GH3?
~S

[quote name='maci']Heres a dumb question, does the Xbox controller work for PS3? (I used a controller called AxisPad)[/quote]

No, 360 controllers require special drivers.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']That means that a PS2 controller with those ps2->USB adapters would likely work too. Now the question is.... would the PC GH3 guitar work with GH3?
~S[/quote]

Speaking about the ps2 controller to usb, yes it does. Me and my roommate played warhawk and fight night split screen using one and it worked fine.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Speaking about the ps2 controller to usb, yes it does. Me and my roommate played warhawk and fight night split screen using one and it worked fine.[/quote]

How do you do the PS button since the PS2 controller doesn't have one?

[quote name='Sinistar']How do you do the PS button since the PS2 controller doesn't have one?[/quote]

You don't, but none of the games I played needed it for the second person.

[quote name='Sinistar']How do you do the PS button since the PS2 controller doesn't have one?[/quote]
it depends on what kind you get. I have 2 converters that i got from radioshack that are for computers that work but but have no PS button and I have a pelican one that is made for the ps3 that has a PS button and a GH3 switch(and it also works on my computer)

bread's done
Back