Computer trouble.

MorbidAngel4Life

CAGiversary!
My freind is having a little trouble. What exactly is ohbndj32? It appears when she presses ctrl+alt+del. she thinks it might be a virus. I googled it, but not a damn result came up. So I was wondering if anyone here could help.

Sounds like a virus. But, I'm no expert. I can't get my mouse to stop freezing up from time to time. Is it the mouse or something more serious?

Well, I just found out that her computer is running so slow, that she's having problems doing anything. She can't download right now.

[quote name='stemartin7']its probably some adware, run ad-aware 6 to check for adware.[/quote]

That's what i would guess too. Also might want to search the registry for that term to see if something was installed.

Well I'll give the same advice I always do when I have no idea how to fix it: Format the computer.

Hmm. That sucks, cause it's running so slow, she can't do anything. It took her forever to do a virus scan. So IDK what to tell her. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Hmm. That sucks, cause it's running so slow, she can't do anything. It took her forever to do a virus scan. So IDK what to tell her. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Reformat would be good.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Hmm. That sucks, cause it's running so slow, she can't do anything. It took her forever to do a virus scan. So IDK what to tell her. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Reformat would be good.[/quote]

Oh brother. Her DA work is going to be gone. Alright, I think I will tell her that when I talk to her. Thanks.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='Moxio'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Hmm. That sucks, cause it's running so slow, she can't do anything. It took her forever to do a virus scan. So IDK what to tell her. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Reformat would be good.[/quote]

Oh brother. Her DA work is going to be gone. Alright, I think I will tell her that when I talk to her. Thanks.[/quote]

How will it be gone if it's on her DA? :?

CaptainObvious to the rescue!...seriously!

Just get the important files onto a floppy disk or CD, format the drive, and you're done.

[quote name='shadow9689']CaptainObvious to the rescue!...seriously!

Just get the important files onto a floppy disk or CD, format the drive, and you're done.[/quote]
its hard to do that when her computer is going super slow

It sounds like there's either a virus or a bunch of adware/spyware on the machine. If it's that slow, it'll be cleaner to wipe it out and start over.

Back up the important documents to CD or flash drive. If she doesn't have a flash drive, worth going to pick one up. Wipe out the machine with the original install media/Windows CD.

She needs to run AVG, Spybot, and Ad-Aware.

It would be best to format, if she can get the needed files off first, but in either case, she needs to start using those tools, and probably start using Mozilla instead of IE, because it seems like she'll click on OK whenever an activex window pops up.

bread's done
Back