Condemned help *Possible Spoilers*

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
OK, so after playing through what is now possibly my favorite launch title, I finally chugged through the mediocre and anti-climactic final level only to reach the very out-of-place and not so exciting "boss battle" at the end. Thing is I keep getting my anus thoroughly kicked by mister kung fu... I'm getting this pop up message saying to knock off pieces of his armor to weaken him.

So is there a particular weapon/strategy that works best for this? Or do I just keep trying to stick and move and not use up all the health kits before he even shows up?...

keep smacking him until he turns his back to you then if you get close enough it'll say press X(i think) to pull the metal pieces out of his back, you gotta do this 3 times if i rememember correctly. first you rip the metal out of his back, next time it's his spine, then it's his jaw. hope that helped :)

yea, keep a lookout, cuz if he turns his back and then you hit him again, he's revitalized... I believe its actually the D pad that you gotta hit (it'll show either up or left i believe).

what weapon are you using? I beat him with the fire axe. It's slow, but I believe it's the strongest melee weapon in the game.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']So is there a particular weapon/strategy that works best for this? Or do I just keep trying to stick and move and not use up all the health kits before he even shows up?...[/QUOTE]

There's a strategy to the melee in Condemned. You basically keep away until your attack is ready, then let him get close, and then back away and swing your weapon at the same time. You'll know it when you get it; it's not hard to fight him without losing any health once you figure it out. I remember also that if you do it right, it may look like he's too far away to hit, but it will.

Once you hit him a few times (not many really) he'll go on his knees. Get close but don't hit him... the 'fatality' menu chooser thingy will pop up and you choose which piece to rip off (kinda gruesome really).

There ya go.

My game had a bug (not uncommon from what I've read) where I spawned without a weapon and I couldn't pick up either of the weapons in the last level. I had to kick that bastard into submission. That was very difficult.

[quote name='adamsappel']My game had a bug (not uncommon from what I've read) where I spawned without a weapon and I couldn't pick up either of the weapons in the last level. I had to kick that bastard into submission. That was very difficult.[/QUOTE]

That's a bug? I thought that was how it was supposed to be??

As I understand it you have to pick up the weapons really quickly or you can't pick them up or something like that.

Thanks for the tips. The stick and move suggestion worked wonderfully for me. God, the facial animations in that last cust scene were atrocious. How can a dev make a game look so damn good in motion and make the cut scenes look so ps2?

It looked fine if the main character was supposed to be a southern inbred with his eyes going different directions off to the side of his head... This game had some of the best environments I've ever seen, and some in game characters that were disturbingly detailed in spots. The cut scenes just didn't match up with that kind of quality. Ninja Gaiden and Halo 2 for the original Xbox both look much better during cut scenes than Condemned.

bread's done
Back