Condition of USED games from Gamestop.com??

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I would just like to know, who here has ordered used games from gamestop.com?? what condition most of them were in? missing box? missing manual? ect.. I was thinking about ordering a used game, I would just would like to know what i'm getting myself into.

please .. post away
thanks

if this is wrong topic, please move :)

I'm always sent disc-only games. I wouldn't recommend buying from them if you want your games complete, it's a big hassle.

If you're ordering used games online, only go to gamefly or eb... those are almost always complete and in great condition.

To a lesser extent, ebay, but you tend to pay more and you have to deal with dipshits.

Gamefly is by far the BEST place to order online for used games in terms of game condition - they're always mint with no stickers anywhere. EB is a close second. EB usually sends games complete, but they put their damn stickers all over everything (sometimes even on the DISK ITSELF) and the disks do occasionally come refinished.

This website has been terrific for trading. Almost everyone around here keeps their stuff in mint condition and everyone I've traded with has been very trustworthy.

In terms of B&M, I like Gamestop. Got a couple of games there today and their stickers peel off easily - leaving no residue. EB is pretty much the same B&M as it is online. Gamecrazy usually keeps their stuff pretty mint and there aren't many stickers on their cases.

Total crapshoot. We've gotten many without anything and with stickers or writing all over the disc. By the same token, we received some that were, in my opinion, mint.

I ordered one game and it was disc only with scratches on it. That will be the last time I order from gamestop.com used game department.

one time i ordered a gamecube game-- they put it in a regular size cd sleeve and didn't seal it. when i got the package, the game was just sitting there in the box unprotected.

I ordered Wave Race: Blue Storm used for $8.99 shipped from Gamestop this week. It came disk only and it wasn't in the best condition, (some very minor scratches on the bottom and strange residue on top of it) but hey, it works.

I think someone here bought a Marvel vs Capcom 2 disc with gum on the bottom.

I ordered some and all of them came in disc only. I kept trying and thought I was just unlucky. After like the fifth times, and the disc looks like crap with tons of fingerprints; and then I stopped ordering from Gamestop.com all together.

Then I heard something that if the used disc came complete, they will use it to sell it as new intead of used. I think they got into a law suit before, but they are still doing that as I saw complaint posts once a while on getting used game on new game price.

I just ordered a used game and it came in a paper sleeve (no case, no manual). From the sound of it, that experience is very common.

I'll probably not order any more used games from them...

Well I ordered Marvel vs Capcom 2 from Ebgames.com a few weeks ago, and it came complete AND in pretty much flawless condition. The only sorta messed up thing about it was the case itself, which I just swapped out for a good one. The cover art was in good condition, although it did have a few creases on the spine and back, same for the manual. Though the case and disc itself had a bunch of stickers on it, Goo Gone fixed that. Now I have a pretty much excellent condition copy of MvC2 for $40 (CAG16 & Edge card). I just ordered Capcom vs Snk 2 from there too, so I hope I get that in good condition also. I would say jsut pay a little extra by buying at Eb and get your stuff complete and in good condition.

bread's done
Back