*Confirmed 160gb Ps3 Slim on sales for $264 at costco. Nationwide

[quote name='HockeyCus']The title says it all. Its a instant rebate and im not sure how long its gonna last so get it fast if you want it[/QUOTE]

This reeks of upcoming price drop, or model change (piracy combat probable)
"quick, unload all your inventory, you're about to get a major restock"

[quote name='CaoPi']does bestbuy price match wholesale?[/QUOTE]
I got a pricematch for a jawbone prime fromm BB matching Costco.

[quote name='CaoPi']does bestbuy price match wholesale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as long there's a physical store that in the "local" area. But if another store was offering a $50 giftcard w/purchase of a PS3 BB would take the $50 right off the price making it $14 cheaper.

E3 is June 6 for Sony the only ? is will the price drop to $250 or $200. $300 will probably be for the move bundle but I'm grabbing the Socom 4 move bundle it's to good of a deal to pass up.

[quote name='raiser']This reeks of upcoming price drop, or model change (piracy combat probable) "quick, unload all your inventory, you're about to get a major restock"[/QUOTE]They broke hacking with firmware updates. This is just trying to move the junk out of the stores since it's been a total failure in the console wars.

I've been unable to confirm this in the Northern Virginia area - can't even find any 160GB PS3 slims in stock.... can anyone else confirm?

I found some Costco stores have the PS3 160GB Move Bundle for $365 - but I see no evidence of a solo console only for $265. Just sharing what I've seen - anyone else?

My PS3 recently died so I am sitting on the fence with this. If Sony is preparing for a price drop perhaps it is better for me to wait to replace it. Suggestions?

[quote name='raiser']This reeks of upcoming price drop, or model change (piracy combat probable)
"quick, unload all your inventory, you're about to get a major restock"[/QUOTE]

I don't think it reeks of anything. $36 off a console isn't exactly OMG! Heck you can buy it on Amazon or other sites with no tax for $300 in most places, so $264+tax isn't phenomenal if you ask me.

[quote name='Rangoth']My PS3 recently died so I am sitting on the fence with this. If Sony is preparing for a price drop perhaps it is better for me to wait to replace it. Suggestions?[/QUOTE] If you have an Xbox also then I'd wait. If you dont is there anything you need immediately? LA Noire is May 17th. Infamous 2 is June 7th...

Basically if you dont need it right away, wait. There will either be a drop or a better deal.

[quote name='Rangoth']My PS3 recently died so I am sitting on the fence with this. If Sony is preparing for a price drop perhaps it is better for me to wait to replace it. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Pachter is predicting a price drop this June of at least $50. Yes, he could certainly well be wrong... :whistle2:#

My launch PS3 sounds as loud as a helicopter. I'll end up getting a PS3 slim, but a possible announcement of a price drop at E3 is close enough that it wouldn't hurt to wait.

[quote name='DirkBelig']They broke hacking with firmware updates. This is just trying to move the junk out of the stores since it's been a total failure in the console wars.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Don't speak of what you know nothing about. Both 3.56 and 3.60 were hacked pretty quickly. It just has not been released publicly. Hopefully they keep it under wraps too so this whole cat and mouse garbage stops....

[quote name='Thrinn']Pachter is predicting a price drop this June of at least $50. Yes, he could certainly well be wrong... :whistle2:#

My launch PS3 sounds as loud as a helicopter. I'll end up getting a PS3 slim, but a possible announcement of a price drop at E3 is close enough that it wouldn't hurt to wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I would love to keep mine just for PS2 BC and stuff and have a main goto system that isn't loud and doesn't heat up the room so dramatically. I live in AZ, so it is hard to keep the PS3 cool and once it heats up, it in turn starts making the room even more blazing hot than it was already...

[quote name='DirkBelig']They broke hacking with firmware updates. This is just trying to move the junk out of the stores since it's been a total failure in the console wars.[/QUOTE]

My point was simply that the stock in the retail channel is probably still hackable FW 3.55.
As long as systems exist that haven't been upgraded past 3.55, and there are millions, hacking is still inevitable.
PSN access on the other hand...

Regardless of whether or not they "broke hacking," any new stock will definitely be on the latest firmware, hence my original statement.
But I'm more inclined to believe a price drop around E3... for all 3 systems.
So expect to see perceived "shortages" for the next couple months.

I don't see how nearly 50m units sold worldwide (10th best ever) constitutes "total failure" either...
But then again I hate my PS3 for many reasons so as far as I'm concerned it is a failure.

I expect a price drop for the PS3, not to mention 360 and Wii.

So many 50 dollar-100 dollar off for PS3 every week or so for the past 5 or 6 months. :lol:

bread's done
Back