Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

Ppl still don't know this, oh and FYI if you bring the card from the magizine they won't give you the deal just for $2 it's with magizine purchace only. I might have the pdf somewhere if no one knows where it find it. I'll check around, but still this is such old news it's not even funny.

[quote name='xycury']you might be able to get a card back like i did.... email gamestop support on the website and go in to B&M with a backbone, but a call to corporate should work.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was just in there this weekend and my card wouldn't scan. The guy called corporate to verify my account and they didn't have me on file. My card is now dead and worthless. :( He told me to bring in an issue of the magazine so they could get it cleared up. Little does he know...

[quote name='Corvin']Actually I was just in there this weekend and my card wouldn't scan. The guy called corporate to verify my account and they didn't have me on file. My card is now dead and worthless. :( He told me to bring in an issue of the magazine so they could get it cleared up. Little does he know...[/QUOTE]

I got the same runaround the first time.

[quote name='radjago']I got the same runaround the first time.[/QUOTE]

...and? Did you get it resolved or should I just toss my card and call it a day?

If you mail in the card from a old magazine it seems it still works got my third edge card on Monday these things don't seem to last me very long.

I have a check dated 7/31 that I never sent in, mainly because the card says 6/08 on the bottom and I really don't think they'd honor it from an old magazine.

You know, I have about 3 months on my edge card, I think I'll send it in just for kicks and see if I have a chance to get it.

Huh. I just got it in the mail today. I sent it out on the 23rd of August. It took far longer than I expected, 24 days by my count, but I did get it. That's a pretty good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it doesn't hurt to try. I printed JUST the $2 card side of the scan we have, filled it out, sent it in with my check for $2.

My new edge card arrived today. Lollerskates.

Never hurts to try!

I was somewhat surprised to find an envelope from GameInformer with a new Edge card (exp 09/09) inside. Nothing else, no "hello, thank you" or "screw you, the darn thing costs 10 bucks now," just the card.

I say I was surprised because I'd read from other posts that some folks were being told "we need 8 more dollars" or something along those lines....and when I sent my $2.00 check in, those posts were already a month old, so I somewhat expected a "so sorry, too late for this party" rejection note from GI any day now.

Especially since they never cashed the check -- hell, even today, having received the card, my bank still shows no $2.00 charges for that check number or any other. Weird.

Blah blah blah, anyway, this was just a me-too post, disguised as an FYI, just in case someone else is wondering (like I was) if it's too late to hop on this gravy train... Even now, in Post-$8 Shipping-and-Handling-Rate-Hike America, it would appear said train is still taking on passengers. :)

I used the "scrounge through pile of old magazines I'd been meaning to read (or throw away) months ago, until I found a GI old enough to still have the original-style ($2 Edge) subscription blow-cards" and mailed that, with a check for $2.00, to the addy on the card.

I went out of my way to put stuff like "For: Edge Card Promo" and "Paid in Full" in the memo areas of the check, but I doubt that was necessary. But I tried my best to play the part of the "innocent customer who just happened upon this apparent 'promo' and surely isn't trying to exploit some misprint for his own personal gain," FWIW.

Very cool, considering that my original Edge card expires in just a few weeks...but alas, what will I do without all those valuable issues of Game Informer I'll be missing!?!?!?!??! *ahem* Yes, tragedy defined, indeed.

[quote name='InvalidUser']but alas, what will I do without all those valuable issues of Game Informer I'll be missing!?!?!?!??! *ahem* Yes, tragedy defined, indeed.[/quote]

I recycle 'em. :lol: I've learned I don't replay video games, re-read books, or re-read magazines. But that's me. I don't like "collecting" things, as collecting things tends to lead rapidly to clutter.

[quote name='InvalidUser']I was somewhat surprised to find an envelope from GameInformer with a new Edge card (exp 09/09) inside. Nothing else, no "hello, thank you" or "screw you, the darn thing costs 10 bucks now," just the card.

Same thing happened to me. I was mailed the card with no nothing just an envelope. I was glad to see it works though.

To jump on the "me too" train, I received my card on Saturday, the 12th September. Mailed a printout of the old form scan and my $2.00 check on the 20th of August.

Just like others, was an envelope with a card in it, nothing else. Surprisingly, this time the barcode sticker on the card was white. Mine have always been yellow before. I think I'm going to try to move the sticker to my old 1999 Edge card, for variety. :p

[quote name='dys006']To jump on the "me too" train, I received my card on Saturday, the 12th September. Mailed a printout of the old form scan and my $2.00 check on the 20th of August.

Just like others, was an envelope with a card in it, nothing else. Surprisingly, this time the barcode sticker on the card was white. Mine have always been yellow before. I think I'm going to try to move the sticker to my old 1999 Edge card, for variety. :p[/quote] did they even have edge cards in 1999?

[quote name='vze21gwa']did they even have edge cards in 1999?[/quote]

Yeah, that was probably an exaggeration.
It's an old EB Games one, expired beginning of 2004.
I think back in 1999 I was still buying games from Egghead!

Hmmm, too bad that card cant hold credit. I bit and sent a check in a week ago since my card is expiring in 2 weeks, so hopefully it'll work. If it does, I still have my old GS card that expired on 02/03, when they still used the hole punch sysyem XD

Hell, I still have my 7/31 check that I held off on sending since that was around the time that people received notices of remaining balances... I'm mailing this check dated 7/31 tomorrow. Maybe they'll think it was lost in the mail? I still have the original form for $2. Hopefully I'll get it in a month or so.

[quote name='Caliburn']I have a check dated 7/31 that I never sent in, mainly because the card says 6/08 on the bottom and I really don't think they'd honor it from an old magazine.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't see your original post, otherwise I would have mentioned that my card had a similar note -- tiny print on the bottom, didn't say "expires" or anything like that...just 6/08.

Anyway, like you, I figured this little datecode would be my undoing...but I gave it a shot anyway, and it turns out I wasn't undone at all! :) But I remember that the day after I mailed my card, I sat down at my computer (which still had this thread loaded in Firefox), clicked the PDF link out of curiosity, and thought "great, the PDF doesn't have a date code at all...why didn't I send that?!"

I was *so* certain that my card was going to be sent back (along with a lump of coal and an angry note from Santa) that I literally printed and completed the PDF form, had it and another $2 check, sitting in an envelope, ready to go the very next afternoon. Figured if I could hedge my bet for only $2 more, then why not?

But, after searching for a bit......grr, no stamps. (Damn you, Santa!) I put the envelope aside and later decided it was silly -- either the check worked or it didn't, no need to make it *obvious* that I'm a jerk by spamming their mailroom with multiple requests.

But I later regretted that decision when (like I mentioned) there was no sign of a card, letter, or anything for a couple weeks -- and I'd assumed I could use that check (ie, whether it had cleared yet or not) as a sign....since it never cleared, it seemed your humble Protagonist could very well be doomed, wondering:

"...what if the PDF works, but I wait too long (until I get a response/rejection back) and it's too late? Why, I'd better dash off another check ASAP! Quick, away with me, to a nunnery to the printer with me! And now, to fetch my cloak and hat, and with great haste! For only a fool would--"

...and then it arrived. :)

[quote name='Caliburn']Hell, I still have my 7/31 check....I'm mailing this check...tomorrow. [/quote]

Well, the postmark on your envelope will likely betray this Evil Scheme of yours....but I wish you good luck and godspeed, even though I've never been clear on what the latter actually *means*.

But read not this tiresome post, Good Sir--I beseech you! You must Away without hesitation, lest Peril become your companion, and Despair your only reward!

*Shipping and handling not included. Reward requires seven AAA batteries, sold separately. Despair recipients are responsible for any State or Local tax liability that may arise. Despair is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Do not insert in mouth or rectum.

So have you guys sent in a printout of the $2 offer, or did you find an old Game Informer mag with the original offer card?

Because all of my Game Informers only have the "EDGE Card for $10" bogus new offer.

I even called the number on the new cards to see if I could order via credit card as they indicate (and see if I could convince them to give me the EDGE card that way for $2) but the lady told me I have to send the registration card in directly.

Ah well, I figure I'll send them the printout filled out with the $2 offer selected and a check for $2 and see what happens...

[quote name='InvalidUser']Sorry I didn't see your original post, otherwise I would have mentioned that my card had a similar note -- tiny print on the bottom, didn't say "expires" or anything like that...just 6/08.

Anyway, like you, I figured this little datecode would be my undoing...but I gave it a shot anyway, and it turns out I wasn't undone at all! ...and then it arrived. :)

[/quote]

Well, it's off en route so we'll see. If it works, great. If not then I suppose my Edge card will expire come January.

After the recent success stories, I too went ahead and filled in a printout of the scan with the $2 Edge card offer. I mailed it off about a week ago. In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My card expires in November. I think I'm going to avoid taking any chances and send off the $2 card form now, before they put a final stop on it. Note: be sure to print out the postage paid part too, and paste that onto your envelope and you can avoid paying postage. If you're going to be a CAG, be a CAG! Yes, I did this the last time and it worked fine.

With a surprisingly quick turnaround, I received my Edge card in the mail today. I sent it off on about 9/22, which was about a 1 1/2 week wait.

Thanks for info and the scan.

Got it in today, wonder if the new card design had anything to do with mine taking nearly a month, while others getting it with less than half of that.

They're quick with the turnaround time. I sent my check on 9/19 and the check cleared on 9/29, and it arrived sometime late last week with the new design.

$2 card FTW. I used the original insert in the June issue that I tore out of an issue in a GS a while ago, if that means anything.

hey guys, please help me out here, i cant go through 29 pages here... all i have to do is print out the pic, check the edge card for $2 box fill it out with my name and address etc. then put it in a standard envelope and mail it to the address? thanks for any help! (should i cut the printer paper?) should i print on both sides of the paper?

[quote name='saldogg']hey guys, please help me out here, i cant go through 29 pages here... all i have to do is print out the pic, check the edge card for $2 box fill it out with my name and address etc. then put it in a standard envelope and mail it to the address? thanks for any help! (should i cut the printer paper?) should i print on both sides of the paper?[/quote]

I printed mine on both sides and sent it. They cashed my check early this week so just waiting on the card.

[quote name='zaw73']I printed mine on both sides and sent it. They cashed my check early this week so just waiting on the card.[/quote]

thanks!! :applause::applause:

Does it make a difference if I'm sending this to 724 N 1st 3rd FL or 724 N 1st 4th floor?

I assume the 4th floor is their new location, but since it's in the same building wouldn't they just forward it to the 4th floor? The reason I ask is because the scan in the original post is for the 3rd floor address, and I'm trying to take advantage of the postage paid mailer.

[quote name='tumbenhaur']Mailed in the PDF form (I printed it on both sides) just over a week ago, and they cashed my check yesterday, we'll see what happens![/QUOTE]

Where's the old PDF located? The one in the OP is marked as $10 for the edge card.

bread's done
Back