Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think that's only if ya renew it in store it's $20. I don't think it's ever been as low as $5. I know it was $10 or $15 when I started getting it from Funcoland back in the day, before GS bought them up too.[/quote]

EB's version of the card (prior to being aquired from GameStop) was $5 for the card, since they were not selling it with a magazine subscription.

Ok, got everything set. Im supposed to write game informer in the pay to the order of line, but what about the "for" line. Andi just realized the address on the pic is wrong, as on their website, it says the 3rd floor, not the 4th floor they are currently in. Maybe im just paranoid.

[quote name='iHabNoTeef']Would I be able to bring this into a store and get the card?[/quote]

It's $14.99 or $19.99 in-store if you'd like (includes the GI subscription - I forgot how much it costs, either price above). Or if you go into some unheard-of Game Informer store... ;)

In short, no. $15/$20 in-store. $2 + .41 postage by mail-in envelope.

[quote name='shaveice']Essentially you made the two pics into a postcard, if that were the case, how did you manage to stick the check on?[/quote]

I put the check inside, in-between a filler paper in there (to "cover-up" the check), and then I just taped the entire thing together (taped the sides, front, back, ect. - taped almost every single part of it that I could together, so it wouldn't open up, and so it would hold my check square in the middle).

Final check

I can put $2 cash in right?
What do I put for Exp. Date?

The address on the card should be good right? The previous poster got me worried, I checked and the site says

"Game Informer Magazine
724 North 1st Street
4th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55401"

The floor is different lol.

[quote name='shaveice']

The floor is different lol.[/quote]

Nothing, The Exp. Date is for your debit/credit card.
My question is, my card is still valid for 5 more months.
Should I send it in? Will they add the 5 months to the card they send me??
What about the magazine? Where can I get it for free or cheap?

[quote name='shaveice']Final check

The address on the card should be good right? The previous poster got me worried, I checked and the site says

"Game Informer Magazine
724 North 1st Street
4th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55401"

The floor is different lol.[/quote]

Don't put in $2 cash. Sending cash through the mail creates all sorts of problems (they can deny they received any money at all). Put in a money order if you don't have any checks (you can buy one at Wal-Mart or the post office).

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Nothing, The Exp. Date is for your debit/credit card.
My question is, my card is still valid for 5 more months.
Should I send it in? Will they add the 5 months to the card they send me??
What about the magazine? Where can I get it for free or cheap?[/quote]

You get a new card that has a laminated barcode (my GS issued barcode faded long ago, so this is good!) of Game Informer HQ or along those lines...I got mine in Dec 07 and it's good till Jan 09.

The magazine is not included, unless you check that off and add that amount to the check.

If by "it" you mean GI - nowhere, that's never really cheap. EGM you can sometimes get for free.

I sent a check in last month and nothing, they haven't cashed it and I haven't heard back about it. Anyone recently have any luck?

[quote name='Bamer']Does the edge card give a 10% discount off everything in the store, including consoles?[/quote]

Don't think I've ever heard anyone ask this...mainly because anytime you go to Gs they recite there sales pitch telling you what the card does..

gives 10% off all used games/accessories

10% extra when trading in games/accessories

don't think its works on consoles,but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']I sent a check in last month and nothing, they haven't cashed it and I haven't heard back about it. Anyone recently have any luck?[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you...a month and counting...

and sorry for dub-posting...I just dont know how to include two quotes in one post lol....

I haven't had the GI/card sales pitch since the funcoland turned into GS, (which was years ago). GS never offered me the sub/card. I live in Louisville btw.

[quote name='Bamer']I haven't had the GI/card sales pitch since the funcoland turned into GS, (which was years ago). GS never offered me the sub/card. I live in Louisville btw.[/quote]

Shit,lucky u....that sales pitch gets really annoying really fast...especially when they try to force it on ppl who really dont seem to understand the concept of the card/have a use for it (either younger kids or old adults just looking for a specific title for their kids)

I got mine free when they used to be free and theyve renewed it for free every year, so i guess im just lucky now that they actually charge people for this card

[quote name='Squarehard']I got mine free when they used to be free and theyve renewed it for free every year, so i guess im just lucky now that they actually charge people for this card[/quote]

When was that, 10 years ago? I think I remember when it was $5, but that was probably 7-8 years ago, and before that, I never had a local gamestop.

[quote name='DesertFox']When was that, 10 years ago? I think I remember when it was $5, but that was probably 7-8 years ago, and before that, I never had a local gamestop.[/quote]
I actually got mine through EB in like 99 or so and they just kinda renewed my membership since I used to shop there so much. Been like that ever since

Wait, it costs money to get the Edge card now? Ive never payed for it and I just got my new one in October but they took it after I had no more money on the card.

[quote name='Caliburn']You get a new card that has a laminated barcode (my GS issued barcode faded long ago, so this is good!) of Game Informer HQ or along those lines...I got mine in Dec 07 and it's good till Jan 09.

The magazine is not included, unless you check that off and add that amount to the check.

If by "it" you mean GI - nowhere, that's never really cheap. EGM you can sometimes get for free.[/quote]on ebay they sell cheap gameinformer subscriptions. I bought one last April. It was two years for $7.94. no edge card though. Still good value.

[quote name='Caliburn']You get a new card that has a laminated barcode (my GS issued barcode faded long ago, so this is good!) of Game Informer HQ or along those lines...I got mine in Dec 07 and it's good till Jan 09.

If by "it" you mean GI - nowhere, that's never really cheap. EGM you can sometimes get for free.[/quote]on ebay they sell cheap gameinformer subscriptions. I bought one last April. It was two years for $7.94. no edge card though. Still good value.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What you had was a card with your store credit on it, Particle. They also use the Edge cards for that purpose. So, it's really a dual purpose card.[/quote]

Oh alright, now I feel pretty dumb.

So is this an edge card? It says value card and I know you'll get the same discount as an edge card but will it hold credit as well?

I sent for mine a week ago not like it matters just was wondering.

I think I'm going to give it a shot regardless. $2 is worth the try. Especially with another 30% trade in credit going on. I'd like to grab a card and then stack when I cash in some of this credit. I'll try to remember to get this in the mail tomorrow. I'll post back with any info.

Good news to everyone still hoping to get in on this. I just got my $2 check cashed by them. So hopefully I will receive my card sometime soon. I'll let you know when it does/doesn't arrive.

BTW I sent it in on the 15th of December.

Confirmed, they cashed my check too. I sent it in about three weeks ago. Great deal getting a year edge card for $2, thanks OP!

Hopefully it's in the mail soon because my current membership is over this month.

Wow, I send in my check almost a month ago, but GI has finally accepted it! I guess my Edge card should be coming soon! THANKS OP!!!

PS: My subscription expired back in Nov 07, didn't send in my check until mid Dec 07, so that means you don't have to have a current sub to get this.. might be still YMMV..

I sent in my CC# purchasing the $2 back in mid-November. On 12/7 my CC was charged, it was just charged again on 1/7 also, so be on the lookout. I still don't have my card.

Just wanted to check on something.
So to date no one has been able to confirm that this offer is valid correct?

[quote name='joecarioca']I sent in my CC# purchasing the $2 back in mid-November. On 12/7 my CC was charged, it was just charged again on 1/7 also, so be on the lookout. I still don't have my card.[/quote]

this deal still good? Ouch...you got charged twice?

Did anyone call in their credit card information? My subscribtion and Edge card is about to expire and I was trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

Just got my Edge card today in the mail. Took a little over a month total from the time I sent the check to them until I actually received my card. The important thing is that it's still legit and if you have 2 bucks to spare (you should) its well worth it.

I remember back then before EB, GS merged together they sold the card alone for 5 bucks, 2 dollars is a good price though

After about 2 weeks from the check clearing, my card has arrived! Just in time for using with the 25% off PS2 coupon!

Thanks again OP!

bread's done
Back