Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Hey guys, I'm going to assume this still works?

How can I sign up for the $2 edge card? Print the PDF's and send a check in the mail? Or is there an online thing I can use?

I'm confused :( (I read the majority of this thread too lol)

The guy at my GS said it may not be applicable anymore but I see you guys are getting yours still. Any help is appreciated!!![/quote]

Yeah can anyone confirm if its still good to go. (also what reno asked)

It better still be good to go. They cashed my two dollar check. Well, I guess I won't go on a murderous rampage if they don't send me a card. But nontheless, they did take money from me for it.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Someone please tell Gumby and I how we can go about doing this :([/quote]

Print out the PDF, mark that you want the Gamestop EDGE card, get a $2 check or money order (preferably a check so you have proof that they took your money, but a money order works also), and mail it to the address provided on the PDF. Then you play the waiting game...

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Print out the PDF, mark that you want the Gamestop EDGE card, get a $2 check or money order (preferably a check so you have proof that they took your money, but a money order works also), and mail it to the address provided on the PDF. Then you play the waiting game...[/quote]

does it have to be a check or money order?
i noticed on the back, there's spaces to fill out cc info.

[quote name='sail0rm00n']does it have to be a check or money order?
i noticed on the back, there's spaces to fill out cc info.[/quote]

I simply printed out the pdf, checked that I just wanted an edge card, wrote a personal check for 2 bucks, and a week and a half later I get the edge card in the mail with the yellow sticker. Went to Gamestop today for the buy 2 get one free, and the Edge card worked perfect. Awesome deal op.

[quote name='sail0rm00n']does it have to be a check or money order?
i noticed on the back, there's spaces to fill out cc info.[/quote]

It does work, but some people have reported that they get recurring 2 dollar charges to their credit card in following months. If you're not one for risks check or money order are the safer bet.

[quote name='CaoPi']I woudn't suggest doing money order I did this about 3 months back and still nothing! damn them[/quote]

Most MO's you keep a stub with the MO # on it. You can generally go on-line and have proof of deposit. With that said, it is almost like a check. I'd use a USPS MO instead of a WM one or other type. I think the USPS ones have a little more kick to them on the legal aspect.... but I could be wrong.

Gamestop is piece of shit. They will trade your game in for minimum than sell it for ton of profit, it is bad for seller and buyer, and it is bad for developers. Even with 10 percent discount, their games are still over priced. If you have to buy used games, try ebay, amazon half.com.

[quote name='foxhunt99']Gamestop is piece of shit. They will trade your game in for minimum than sell it for ton of profit, it is bad for seller and buyer, and it is bad for developers. Even with 10 percent discount, their games are still over priced. If you have to buy used games, try ebay, amazon half.com.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, we all know that. It's all about the Buy 2 Get 1 free sales, special trade-in promos, GS exclusives, stuff like that. I don't think very many CAG's make "normal" trades/purchases at Gamestop.

For those that have used one of these - do these cards that come in the mail allow for storage of credit like a normal Edge card? Ie, can I trade stuff in and get it put on the card. I have other cards for that, of course, including my old Edge card, but I like to avoid having to carry around too many cards for just one store ;).

[quote name='io']

For those that have used one of these - do these cards that come in the mail allow for storage of credit like a normal Edge card? Ie, can I trade stuff in and get it put on the card. I have other cards for that, of course, including my old Edge card, but I like to avoid having to carry around too many cards for just one store ;).[/quote]

Yes. I have credit on mine(which I got with a MO and printed PDF) right now.

Sigh
But that's fine. Have the PDF all printed out..but I gotta pick up fuckin 1 cent stamps now because Postage goes up Monday :bomb:

[quote name='lilboo']So how long is this taking people? (from when you send the check, till you get the card)[/quote]

2 weeks

[quote name='yourlefthand']how long is the edge card good for? Isn't it a year when you buy it instore? The pdf from the website says 10 months.[/QUOTE]

I got mine in late April and it's valid through May 2009.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I sent my check in and it took them three weeks to cash it, and now another three weeks later I don't have my card. Should I be concerned?[/quote]

If past 2 months consider it gone, they screwed me over with money order.

[quote name='lilboo']Sigh
But that's fine. Have the PDF all printed out..but I gotta pick up fuckin 1 cent stamps now because Postage goes up Monday :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you pay any postage you have paid too much! Just print out the "Business Reply" part of the form in the OP and paste it to the front of an envelope. I did this and it worked fine. You might as well be a real CAG when mailing in for this deal. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']If you pay any postage you have paid too much! Just print out the "Business Reply" part of the form in the OP and paste it to the front of an envelope. I did this and it worked fine. You might as well be a real CAG when mailing in for this deal. :)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
Has this worked for anyone else?

[quote name='crunchewy']If you pay any postage you have paid too much! Just print out the "Business Reply" part of the form in the OP and paste it to the front of an envelope. I did this and it worked fine. You might as well be a real CAG when mailing in for this deal. :)[/quote]oooh he dissed you.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you pay any postage you have paid too much! Just print out the "Business Reply" part of the form in the OP and paste it to the front of an envelope. I did this and it worked fine. You might as well be a real CAG when mailing in for this deal. :)[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='CaoPi']If past 2 months consider it gone, they screwed me over with money order.[/QUOTE]
Oh... my god. I just checked my check image online. From April 17, I see they cashed it and wrote my info on the check. They misspelled my last name (Godwin, instead of the proper Goodwin), they put an extra 5 in my address (instead of 449 S. they put 4495) AND they messed up my zipcode.
What the hell is their problem? Do I call the number on the back of my old edgecard to get ahold of someone?

If anyone is buying anything of gamestop.com, I have a $10 of $10+ coupon that I got for complaining about an order. I'll sell it for $5 paypal.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']so could you just put $2 bills in an envelope and send it in with the form?[/quote]

I wouldn't advise doing that, you can go to the local walmart and ask for money order it's about 33 cents or so. Or you can use your parents, siblings, credit card info. :)

[quote name='Reiniku']It seems as though the online pdf now states the price at $10 for the edge card. Just as I was about to sign up too. :([/quote]

Oh snap they're on to us!

Dang, I was just going to do this, too. Might as well just get it in-store now. Immediate gratification and you at least get a semi-worthless magazine to glance at each month.

Crap. I should have gotten another one while it was still $2. I would have saved money even though there'd be overlap (my current one is good through November.) It's a shame this deal is over. I'll probably still buy it from them next time, though, even for $10, because I really don't need/want the magazine.

Test your luck?

I sent mine last Monday, I think? So phew, I made the 2-dollar deadline. Heh. However, I'm a bit weary after reading that money orders don't go in as well as the other methods of payment. =/

I sent my $2 in last month and got my card today. Had the yellow sticker on the back, "Good Until 6/09." They cashed my $2 check Monday.

Not sure if it's dead yet.
Just picked up last month;s GI a couple days ago and the card inside has it still for $2

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I sent my $2 in last month and got my card today. Had the yellow sticker on the back, "Good Until 6/09." They cashed my $2 check Monday.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I mailed it 2 days after the online PDF was switched to $10, but the $2 form went through anyway.

So, what has the turnaround been for these? I mailed mine in on April 30th, they cashed the check May 16th, and still nada in the mail. It seems like everyone else is getting them quicker?

bread's done
Back