Confirmed: Merry Christmas from Microsoft, 360 Warranty extended to 1 year

[quote name='Cursor']Can I get some clarification on what this means for those of us who bought the 2-year warranty extension from MS?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone knows for sure, outside of Redmond, WA....somebody with patience should call Microsoft.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I wish somebody would call them. Right now I'm trying not to make eye contact and pointing at somebody other then me to make the call.[/quote]

Come on, Chris. I just walked the gauntlet and reported back:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2480458&postcount=17

Somebody else please walk the gauntlet--you know it's just going to be worse after everyone starts unboxing their 360's from Santa tomorrow!

*sigh* Why can't Microsoft's support be as good as Nintendo's?

no because with eb you get a new system right on the spot...with microsoft thats a different story,,,,I dont know where you live but christmas isnt until monday

Yeah, I know I'd get a warranty from the place i buy it from nonetheless. Getting a new console on the spot > sending your console in and getting a refurbished one.

I haven't read the entire thread but lemme get this straight.

I got my 360 for my birthday in September (the 20th to be exact). It broke the first day (LOL) so with the receipt I was lucky to get a WORKING ONE the next day. I also made sure I purchased a 2 year plan from Microsoft. On the form I filled out, I had put September 21st as the day I purchased it (it is technically). Soooo my warranty should NOW be September 21 2006-September 2007 from Microsoft and September 21st 2009 from what I bought??

[quote name='mvp828']Actually technically no. I say this because you also must remember that all '05 systems are under an extended warranty. So, to answer your question, early January systems may be covered, and the November ones are definetely covered.[/QUOTE]

All 05 systems are under extended warranty? Tell me more >.> I have a launch week system, and now its giving disc read errors... I didn't know I had an extended warranty.

So what is the consensus if we bought the two year warranty? Do we get anything? Doesn't Microsoft have the decency to give us a reach around on this deal after getting screwed?

The fair thing to do would be to extend the warranty another 9 months (The length of time they increased the standard warranty) but I'm guessing that probably isn't going to happen.

Here's what MS Tech Support says--buying the 2-year extended warranty brings the warranty up to 3 years!

Hi John,

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I understand that you want to inquire about the one-year manufacturer's warranty and how it applies to your Xbox 360.

All Xbox 360 consoles in North America are now under a one-year manufacturer's warranty. Your two-year extended warranty (or service contract) will take effect after your one-year manufacturer's warranty expires. All in all, you get 3 years of warranty for your console.

For further assistance, please don't hesitate to write back or call 1-800-4MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269) at your earliest convenience, and we will be happy to help you. We are open every day 9am to 1am Eastern Time / 6am to 10pm Pacific Time.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number XXXXXXXXXX when you call.

For more information about Xbox and Xbox360, please visit http://www.xbox.com .

Sincerely,

Jaime
Xbox Customer Care Team

[quote name='Cursor']Here's what MS Tech Support says--buying the 2-year extended warranty brings the warranty up to 3 years![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I was hoping that's how it would work for those of us who bought the MS extended warranty!

[quote name='GenDV138']Thanks for the info, I was hoping that's how it would work for those of us who bought the MS extended warranty![/quote]

The only thing I really don't understand is that my extended warranty covers everything that came in the box with the 360--controller, mic, etc. The 1-year warranty extension (from 90 days) is supposed to cover only the Xbox 360 itself. I suppose it's all covered. I guess I'll find out if my 360 breaks in 2009.

bread's done
Back