Confused about the Guncon 2

burningelf

CAGiversary!
I own Point Blank 3 for Playstation and Time Crisis 3 for Playstation 2. The orginial Guncon will not work with Time Crisis 3. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Guncon 2 would work with Point Blank 3. I really don't want to get rid of my original Guncons if the new Guncon 2 won't work with my old Guncon games. Any help with my dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of picking up a PS2 just for the gun games...
So far I'm planning on getting:

PS2 Games:
Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone
Ninja Assault
Vampire Night

PS1 Games:
Point Blank
Point Blank 2
Point Blank 3

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Look around at some 3rd party guns. Oddly enough a lot of the 3rd party guns are very versatile and let you switch between Guncon 1, Guncon 2, and "other" modes. I still don't get why Namco does this; it's just stupid and it screws the loyal light gun gamers. They should at least offer a PS1 adaptor with the new guns or something.

Another thing, I think the Guncon 1 is far superior in its design around the trigger area. You can squeeze the trigger constantly and its still good. On the Guncon 2 however, one strong squeeze will break the plastic arm that pushes the button. Open one up to find out what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot for the info it just seems like I am gonna have to buy a Guncon 1@2. I just can't trust third party stuff after I bought a $40 memory card for my Sega Saturn only to have it crap out after about 6 months.

[quote name='2poor']did you try putting in point blank and using the guncon 2?[/QUOTE]

Point Blank games do not work with Guncon 2. None of the ps1 games do.

Good luck finding the old point blank games, try gamelotus, he might have some of them and they pop up occasionally on ebay.

Anybody see this yet? I need a gun to play on my HDTV because guncons don't work with it and I'm leary to buy something untested:

http://erealgames.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=3baa1e1e97d2c7136f7b66b7683bda3a

I love google ads...

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']How about the original time crisis? I also hear elemental gearbolt for the ps1 is good, if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

I paid way too much for Elemental Gearbolt years ago. It's a pretty mediocre shooter that really hasn't held up over time for me. To each their own.

I have maximum force for ps1 and its pretty decent besides the overall look of it (looks very early 90's and bodies are unproportional.)

[quote name='repetske']I paid way too much for Elemental Gearbolt years ago. It's a pretty mediocre shooter that really hasn't held up over time for me. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Can I have your copy then? ;)

why hasn't Sega ported House of the Dead to the PS2? They can rehash all their other games but not that one ? It makes no sense...

I've never actually gotten to play that yet as my HDTV is incompatible with the Guncon. Does anyone have an HDTV compatible gun they'd like to comment on ??

I have a sealed copy of Time Crisis: Crisis Zone w/GunCon 2 AND a new metal foot-pedal (from RedOctane) for the arcade experience. If anyone's interested in either, give me a PM.

bread's done
Back