Console Preorders

DPawlik349

CAG Veteran
I have a question regarding preordering a console.

I know it is expected that the next playstation and xbox consoles will be announced this year. At what point do stores start taking preorders for these consoles? I would like to know so I can go to any of the 4 or 5 gamestops between me and my work and place in my order.

Any other place, like target, walmart or toys r us that takes preorders works as well. The only place I won't place a preorder is Best Buy, who knows if they're going to even be open at launch at this point.

Thanks for your response in advance.

I'm not sure where the next Playstation is coming from, but Sony has been pretty adament that there's not going to be another console for at least a couple of years. I would be willing to bet that even MS only announced preliminary plans this year, but won't have anything ready to launch until next.

I guess my question is at what point do these stores start taking pre-orders for the consoles. Is it the day they are announced or is it set to be a specified date that is a week or two after the original announcement by the vendor?

There's no real specific timeframe that'll be apparent on our end- basically, when the store thinks the release date announced is solid enough to start taking money.

Why are you worried about this now, anyway? I mean, as of yet they haven't even announced there's a new system in production. At the earliest, it proably won't come up until the summer conventions. Why the rush to preorder?

[quote name='spmahn']I'm not sure where the next Playstation is coming from, but Sony has been pretty adament that there's not going to be another console for at least a couple of years. I would be willing to bet that even MS only announced preliminary plans this year, but won't have anything ready to launch until next.[/QUOTE]

Really dude? This is the best unkept secret of 2013. Everyone pretty much knows that we will have new consoles from both Sony and Microsoft this holiday. :dunce:

----------------

OP preorders for the last generation started after the release date and pricing was announced. Kind of like an Apple product.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Really dude? This is the best unkept secret of 2013. Everyone pretty much knows that we will have new consoles from both Sony and Microsoft this holiday. :dunce:

----------------

OP preorders for the last generation started after the release date and pricing was announced. Kind of like an Apple product.[/QUOTE]

MS I will agree that there's a good chance we'll get something new from them this year, although I still don't think they'll have it ready. Sony almost certainly won't even announce anything this year much less have it ready to launch.

[quote name='spmahn']MS I will agree that there's a good chance we'll get something new from them this year, although I still don't think they'll have it ready. Sony almost certainly won't even announce anything this year much less have it ready to launch.[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right? Tons of rumors for Sony and MS's new system, and you realized that Sony basically have no games after May. Plus sony learned their lesson with PS3 and know they can't be behind again.

[quote name='spmahn']MS I will agree that there's a good chance we'll get something new from them this year, although I still don't think they'll have it ready. Sony almost certainly won't even announce anything this year much less have it ready to launch.[/QUOTE]

Do you use the Internet past CAG?

There are plenty of rumors pointing towards the fact that Sony may even announce before E3!

Hell there were plenty of stores this week about how the PS4 will be more powerful than the new Xbox.

:booty:

Dude, the latest rumors are that the PS4 may launch ahead of the next Xbox this year. Hell will freeze over before Sony does anything like last gen where they were way late with the release. It would absolutely end them.

There's even rumors that the PS4 could be announced within a month from now.

Regardless they'll almost certainly launch very close to one another and a very good chance that will be in the last quarter of this year.

Expect announcements at E3 this year regarding the new systems - usually preorders will open up the following Fall in September or October. Most retailers will be out of preorders within two days of opening them up, so keep an eye on announcements in the Fall.

Dont preorder from Sears.com! Had to cancel my Wii U preorder that I had from the first available day because I read they sold them on Black Friday instead and they didnt have any for preorders! Luckily I was able to just walk into Walmart and get one.

[quote name='62t']You are kidding right? Tons of rumors for Sony and MS's new system, and you realized that Sony basically have no games after May. Plus sony learned their lesson with PS3 and know they can't be behind again.[/QUOTE]

Basically no games... You know E3 is the place where most games get announced and dated. Right now WiiU and 3DS have nothing announced past May. As for Sony, Beyond should be coming out. Last Guardian still hasn't been canned; same goes for Agent. Splinter Cell and South Park were both pushed to fall. GTA V still isn't dated. New Castlevania and Final Fantasy slated for current systems. These are just big names.

If I remember didn't people predict last year was going to be a new Xbox? It never happened.

[quote name='lordopus99']Basically no games... You know E3 is the place where most games get announced and dated. Right now WiiU and 3DS have nothing announced past May. As for Sony, Beyond should be coming out. Last Guardian still hasn't been canned; same goes for Agent. Splinter Cell and South Park were both pushed to fall. GTA V still isn't dated. New Castlevania and Final Fantasy slated for current systems. These are just big names.

If I remember didn't people predict last year was going to be a new Xbox? It never happened.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to 1st party Sony. I don't see a bigger game than God of War or Last of US that will be announce and release by the end of the year. MS will be the same I mean you got them releasing a Gears of War game in March. If they are releasing a new system they are not going to be putting much resource in last gen.

[quote name='lordopus99']Basically no games... You know E3 is the place where most games get announced and dated. Right now WiiU and 3DS have nothing announced past May. As for Sony, Beyond should be coming out. Last Guardian still hasn't been canned; same goes for Agent. Splinter Cell and South Park were both pushed to fall. GTA V still isn't dated. New Castlevania and Final Fantasy slated for current systems. These are just big names.

If I remember didn't people predict last year was going to be a new Xbox? It never happened.[/QUOTE]

People were predicting a new Xbox literally 5 years ago at one point. Shit is real now though. We have rumors on specific specs. Hints from Sony/MS themselves, The Last Of Us is releasing in May. The new Gears in March.

South Park is slated for March 5th last I heard. The Last Guardian could be a massive E3 surprise as a PS4 launch title. I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a soonish release date on GTA V very soon.

Some of Sonys big teams have been working on crap for quite some time now (Infamous and Killzone creators for example) and are due for an announcement which may very well be PS4 launch window games.

The list goes on and most of it points to late this year for the launches. This years E3 will be all about next gen, not current gen game releases.

Edit: and really even if something as big as GTA did release late in the year it would still do just fine I'm sure.

[quote name='ShockandAww']
South Park is slated for March 5th last I hear.[/QUOTE]

With T*HQ going up on the auction block very soon, South Park better pray they find a new publisher before it turns into vaporware.

i say another E3 FLOP

XBOX shows footage of the new system new system hits japan spring 2014 here fall 2014

Sony shows nothing New system hits japan summer 2014 here 2015

Nintendo shocks everyone and shows a new handheld at E3 with a worldwide release in 2014

would think a new handheld from nintendo in 2013 but i doubt they would push out a new system with the new pokemon game coming worldwide in fall of 13....

nintendo should of just said to hell with the 3ds and put the new pokemon game on the new system but that would mean the system would had to be in the makers hands for the past year or so and none would kept it quite they had a new nintendo system thatlong

so 3 new systems in 2014

I definitely see another variation of the 3DS being announced or maybe just more colors.

I'm hoping for a new Microsoft console, preferably the new XBox, but I guess we'll see as June approaches. Until then, speculating is mute.

[quote name='slidecage']i say another E3 FLOP

XBOX shows footage of the new system new system hits japan spring 2014 here fall 2014

Sony shows nothing New system hits japan summer 2014 here 2015

Nintendo shocks everyone and shows a new handheld at E3 with a worldwide release in 2014

would think a new handheld from nintendo in 2013 but i doubt they would push out a new system with the new pokemon game coming worldwide in fall of 13....

nintendo should of just said to hell with the 3ds and put the new pokemon game on the new system but that would mean the system would had to be in the makers hands for the past year or so and none would kept it quite they had a new nintendo system thatlong

so 3 new systems in 2014[/QUOTE]
Why the hell would Nintendo can the 3DS? Iwata came out and said there would be no new revisions to the 3DS this year.

Microsoft and Sony will definitely announce new consoles this year. I sincerely doubt Nintendo will announce anything new - they've got the handheld market owned right now, so they don't have an inherent reason to release a new handheld or 3DS variation.

There's also no way Microsoft would ever launch their new console in Japan first - they've never done well there.

It seems to me that Gamestop usually starts pre-orders on new consoles as soon as the price is announced. I don't know about everyone else.

bread's done
Back