console price drops...?

elmetfano

CAGiversary!
I thought for sure after all those $50 GC deals going about for all the consoles today would have been the day to announce one, if one. So my question to you guys is do you still think that a price drop is inevitable for the near future or are we going to have to wait a long while?

...I think MS or Sony would've mentioned one today if there was going to be one. I mean, they've got people excited about new games, the perfect time to drop the price and entice a purchase would be right now.

Personally I was hoping for a Gears 3 console bundle with some gnarly black and red 360. My current one is still kicking around but I'm a sucker for special colored consoles and handhelds.

[quote name='Halo05']Personally I was hoping for a Gears 3 console bundle with some gnarly black and red 360. My current one is still kicking around but I'm a sucker for special colored consoles and handhelds.[/QUOTE] ha yeah at least some kind of bundle. I was thinking of getting a 360 in addition to my PS3 so I'm just waiting for a good deal to entice me

They might just keep offering the giftcard. the retailer would prefer that instead of a price drop

[quote name='antlp89']Probably this holiday we'll see a drop/bundle but not looking good for any summertime drop.[/QUOTE]

Sony and MS can drop at any time but they are waiting for Nintendo's Wii U announcement. Since Nintendo didn't give a price, there's no reason for them to drop prices with the original Wii on its way out.

bread's done
Back