Console Reseller Gets Robbed

Acid Indigestion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I saw this report on my local news station, and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

(CBS) LA PALMA, Calif. Two men who had agreed to buy two PlayStation 3 consoles from a third man attacked the seller at a La Palma McDonald’s restaurant early Monday morning.

The victim -- a man in his 20s whose name was not released -- was assaulted with pepper spray and robbed of the coveted consoles.

The seller met the two men around 1 a.m. at a McDonald’s restaurant on Moody Street and Orangethorpe Avenue, according to Sgt. Terry Kim of the La Palma Police Department.

One man sprayed the victim with pepper spray, then the pair fled on foot with the PS3 consoles, Kim said.

The victim was treated by paramedics at the scene, he said.

The suspects are described as men in their 20s.

The victim said that he had advertised the consoles on Craigslist.com, and was trying to sell both items for $5,000. PS3s retail for $500 or $600 per unit.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_324085857.html

Guess they got what they deserved.

lol 1 A.M.

The big question is how did a genius like that get enough money to buy 2 consoles in the first place.
I'm surprised he didn't arrange for a super secret agent drop by the river in a suitcase and pick up his money from a bus terminal locker.

Yes I have two PS3's. I want 10,000 dollars for them. Sure I'll meet you in a dark, deserted part of town at 1am to sell them.

Its not the fact that he was selling the consoles for a huge markup. For me its the fact that he was willing to meet at 1am in a parking lot, wtf?

Personally I picked up items from people I brought stuff from Ebay previous times before and they were pretty nice people.

The lesson here is that.

The guy with the PS3 consoles had the upperhand. He could have told them to pick it up from his house/place when and where. Then again he could have gotten payment threw paypal or they could have sent the payment in the mail by money order. This guy was way too greedy.

This guy is an idiot to make the sale at a McDonalds. I see people fighting in MD or screwing around in the store most of the time. At the end of the day you see the fubar darkness boyfreinds or whatevers waiting for there girlfreinds.

Again idiot to make the exchange 1AM when people like me is walking around in the darkness like if it was daytime only less Koopa Troopers.

[quote name='CitizenB']Yes I have two PS3's. I want 10,000 dollars for them. Sure I'll meet you in a dark, deserted part of town at 1am to sell them.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. The guy was a fuckin idiot for thinking this was gonna be a smooth transaction.

[quote name='tenzor']looks like the two guys were caught, and the PS3s were recover. I wonder if this guy is still going to try and sell it....

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_324200950.html[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that article made me laugh so hard.

"two PlayStation PS3s" So thats why he wanted $5000 dollars. The man had rare Playstation Playstation three's.

"I sell everything," he said. "They said they gonna give me $5,000."

:rofl:

Sorry its just so funny for some reason.

The funny part is that he probably won't get to resell them anytime soon. They'll hold them for evidence during trial and maybe even for a short time after the trial!:rofl:

[quote name='Vinny']The funny part is that he probably won't get to resell them anytime soon. They'll hold them for evidence during trial and maybe even for a short time after the trial!:rofl:[/QUOTE]
They didn't catch the guys.

I heard they traced phone calls and emails and found them. Two 18 year olds, and they did have the systems.

I feel bad for the dude, but with all the buyers getting screwed by retailers and on eBay, it's kind of nice to see a seller getting screwed for once.

This is a bit OT and probably not news, but anyone notice eBay prices for PS3s going waaaay down? Looking just now, I see a lot of almost-up units with bids barely reacing $1,000, and we're talking 60 GB units here. The tide is turning quickly, friends.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I feel bad for the dude, but with all the buyers getting screwed by retailers and on eBay, it's kind of nice to see a seller getting screwed for once.
[/quote]

That's complete bull. Nobody deserves to be robbed. If you wanted it badly enough you could have lined up along with him and taken the profit or kept the unit. Maybe if you get robbed some day you'd think differently.

I'm not sure who's dumber, the guy who goes out at 1am to sell PS3s, or the two idiot teenagers who gave out their phone numbers and robs someone at a GAS STATION of all places, where there are security cameras.

Welcome to America.

[quote name='zewone']They didn't catch the guys.[/QUOTE]

The part of the article that says "police arrest 2 men" convinced me otherwise.

[quote name='mykevermin']The part of the article that says "police arrest 2 men" convinced me otherwise.[/quote]

Reading, FTW. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']The part of the article that says "police arrest 2 men" convinced me otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I somehow missed the second article (didn't read every response), but it says nothing about catching them in the original OP's article.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']That's complete bull. Nobody deserves to be robbed. If you wanted it badly enough you could have lined up along with him and taken the profit or kept the unit. Maybe if you get robbed some day you'd think differently.

I'm not sure who's dumber, the guy who goes out at 1am to sell PS3s, or the two idiot teenagers who gave out their phone numbers and robs someone at a GAS STATION of all places, where there are security cameras.

Welcome to America.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to Humorlessville, population: you. You must have dual citizenship, though, because you also have an address in Same Damn Pointe.

I'm not going to use smileys every time I make a joking statement, so you're just going to have to adapt a more discerning eye.

bread's done
Back