Console Update ?

Looks like I will have to wait until I reach my destination in Asia. I just packed my 360 and I'm not digging that fucker out.

Do you guys notice any new dashboard options like the features MS announced at CES? I think IPTV or Television was one of them...

"First 360 Dashboard Update of 2007

Make your way onto Xbox Live today and you'll be prompted to download the first Xbox 360 dashboard update of 2007. According to Microsoft, they've been "listening to what the community has been telling us," which is apparently the following:

-Improvements to the Xbox Guide.

-Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.

-Increased accuracy of "last time played."

-Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live members in the Netherlands.

-More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.

[quote name='Surferflames']The Major says its just stability stuff. No details

Major Nelson[/QUOTE]

Stability my ass. After I installed it my 360 was chugging along really slowly. Wasn't until after I restarted twice that it began to work normal.

Well it was a non important update, well ok but now I have no data on my Astropop games. I have unlocked both pilots and have gone to at least lvl 21 but now it says NA for lvl and it's as if its a new game!!!! I checked my achievements which are still there and my leaderboard says I've reached lvl 21! WTF This is odd and its after this update!

edit: NEVERMIND! lol funny thing I called tech support told the lady my problem, she didnt know what to do but anyways I started up the game and everything was there!? It was weird, the last two times I started Astropop, my checkpoints were gone and my pilots were locked. She said it was probably something that it didn't refresh fast enough. Weird, but I just played on lvl 23^^ and I can't get past that one! grrrr

Quick question: if one of Microsoft's own updates bricks your system, do they take responsibility for it and replace/fix your 360, or do they tell you to get lost if you're no longer under warranty?

No it was a fluke for me, no problem and I dont see anything under your sig pyro other than your a red lights of death member but maybe you already had a problem before this update. This incident happened before remember? People who got the fall update before they had the old update (Spring I think) made their systems brick but microsoft came up with a patch I think like hours after they found out about it and fixed the problem. So if it affects a lot of people they'll help you out but if it is just a few then you might be out of luck but I havent heard of anything bad about the update (was just minimal stuff prob trying to fix the slowdown on the movies on live or whatever they dont say).

bread's done
Back