Contact DS - $11.32 Sold by Amazon

I remember checking out this title when I first got my DS. It's sort of in the same tier as some of the more underrated, obscure games that find some clever way to incorporate the technology of the console.

Looks interesting, going to grab one.
Enjoyed Earthbound for SNES and GBA. Still haven't got around to playing the fan translation of Mother 3 yet.

At first I was thinking you said Contra DS.

Contact. I was going to ignore it until you mention is like Earthbound, now I'm interested...

It's a weird game to say the least lol. I played a few hours of it and kinda lost interest once DQIX arrived. Decent price on the game though.

AHHHH! AHHH!

I'm resisting. I was sort of interested in this a few years back...but I have to resist. I don't think I'd like the combat (hate touch screens, generally don't like Japanese action RPGs), so....must resist.

Just on the DS I have Dragon Quest 9, Glory of Hercules, and Golden Sun 3 to get to, not even counting the RPGs on my PSP and PC!

just wanted to jump in here and say this game is fantastic, very earthbound-like.

highly recommended! (i bought this at release!)

i meant the style/art/humor/writing is similar to earthbound. the gameplay is a bit different. honestly its a very charming game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']AHHHH! AHHH!

I'm resisting. I was sort of interested in this a few years back...but I have to resist. I don't think I'd like the combat (hate touch screens, generally don't like Japanese action RPGs), so....must resist.

Just on the DS I have Dragon Quest 9, Glory of Hercules, and Golden Sun 3 to get to, not even counting the RPGs on my PSP and PC![/QUOTE]
There are only two things you have to do with the touch screen that I'm aware of: using the stickers, which the game essentially pauses for you to do so not a twitch thing at all, and one instance where you have to tap a bird flying by. Oh, and you can knock fruit out of trees by tapping them, but I usually just used a light fingernail tap or didn't bother. I'm near the end so there could be a couple more.

Great game. I'm not as impressed with it as others seem to be, but for ~$10 I'd definitely recommend it.

My younger sister has been wanting this one for several years, so to finally find it at a sale price (a pretty damned good one at that) is pleasant. Thanks OP. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to also get Metal Slug Anthology on Wii, something I have had my eyes set on for years. :D

[quote name='evanwink']There are only two things you have to do with the touch screen that I'm aware of: using the stickers, which the game essentially pauses for you to do so not a twitch thing at all, and one instance where you have to tap a bird flying by. Oh, and you can knock fruit out of trees by tapping them, but I usually just used a light fingernail tap or didn't bother. I'm near the end so there could be a couple more.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay, thanks! That doesn't sound bad at all...

Is it a turn based game though? (I like turn based.)

Weirdly my whole idea of what this game is has changed totally today.

[quote name='LoveLost']It gets harder and harder to find as a "NEW" item[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't know about that. Amazon has had this game "new" for a long time, and at a very cheap price. Usually $15 or under.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh, okay, thanks! That doesn't sound bad at all...

Is it a turn based game though? (I like turn based.)

Weirdly my whole idea of what this game is has changed totally today.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't turn based. You basically walk up to an enemy and the two of you take turns wacking at each other. Attacks can interrupt, so if you get yourself surrounded that can be trouble, but you have to mess up real bad for that to happen. The combat is far from complex unless maybe you go on after the story to try to max your stats. Enemies probably have weaknesses to certain elements, but it is such a pain to switch elements (outfits) that I didn't bother exploring that. For me this game was just fun to play through the story and enjoy the quirkiness. My biggest complaint would be that there was zero introduction. You pretty much just start playing.

I ended up picking up this and Chrono Trigger DS for $10.38 after using the $15 credit from buying KH ReCoded.

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back