Contact (DS) $25.97 shipped.

Raikoh

CAGiversary!
Use google checkout at bestprices.com

689363.jpg

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/730865400034.html?id=vWTTHJRs

Is this really worth its own thread? There are so many games where we could say something similar. Elite Beat Agents, Magical Starsign, FFIII, PW: Justice for All, Portrait of Ruin...

People hold Grasshopper in high regard, particularly in the offbeat department. Preliminary previews arent being kind to Magical Starsign. I would say everything else on that list is pretty mainstream these days.

Previews have garnered it comparisons to offbeat and quirky rpg's such as Earthbound. If you're a Mother fan, it seems it may be likely to like Contact.

Even if you're not a mother fan, it still seems like a pretty interesting rpg.

[quote name='SDC']Is this really worth its own thread? There are so many games where we could say something similar. Elite Beat Agents, Magical Starsign, FFIII, PW: Justice for All, Portrait of Ruin...[/QUOTE]

Here we go again, fuckhead elitists who patrol the areas complaining about people starting threads...
Holy crap people, can you just NOT LOOK if you aren't interested, there are moderators, and if you aren't one, then just get over it, do something productive with your life, like LEAVE YOUR HOUSE, and then maybe things like someone starting a thread about a certain game that can be found for a decent price maybe won't bother you...
-Goatman

[quote name='pete5883']How reliable/quick is bestprices?[/quote]

I bought Harvest Moon DS from them, and preordered FFIII, and Guitar Hero 2 all with the google checkout deal. I got my harvest moon game no problem. It shipped on 10/4 and I got it on 10/10. I think that is fast, considering one of those days was Sunday, and the following Monday was columbus day (no mail)

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Here we go again, fuckhead elitists who patrol the areas complaining about people starting threads...
Holy crap people, can you just NOT LOOK if you aren't interested, there are moderators, and if you aren't one, then just get over it, do something productive with your life, like LEAVE YOUR HOUSE, and then maybe things like someone starting a thread about a certain game that can be found for a decent price maybe won't bother you...
-Goatman[/quote]

I totally agree.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Here we go again, fuckhead elitists who patrol the areas complaining about people starting threads...
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Practice what you preach, buddy. I just meant that individual threads could be started for a LOT of GoogleCheckout deals, but most of them are in the Google Checkout deals thread. Because it is an easy way for everyone to get the info, rather than spreading it to the winds.

Well, considering I don't read the Google Checkout thread and I noticed this one immediately, I'd say posting seperate threads is a better way to get the word out.

So has anyone checked on reviews? Any glaring negatives or super spectacular positives? I've been burning money lately, and I still have yet to put something back for the Wii + everything else I'm buying at launch.

I'd have to say a consolidated thread would be better. I mean I can make about 200 threads right now on every video game thats come out in the last month. Not saying this isn't a good thread, its not a problem now but if we start getting ALOT of posts like this it might be a good idea.

well, maybe this is selfish, but i logged into cheapassgamer today for the first time since maybe august with the sole purpose of finding a contact deal and this thread made me happy

This is an awesome site!

thanks OP!

I have a question tho?

Do I get $10 off each time I place an order over $30 or it's just an one time deal?

I want to know as well because i have a bunch of new releases i want to get that will likely not be part of the TRU buy 2 get one so if i could get them 10$ off with no tax each from this place i would be a happy person.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'd have to say a consolidated thread would be better. I mean I can make about 200 threads right now on every video game thats come out in the last month. Not saying this isn't a good thread, its not a problem now but if we start getting ALOT of posts like this it might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

This already seems like it's starting... someone needs to rebump the Google checkout thread.

Thanks OP!

$25 was my trigger price, but I bit for $0.97 over because I doubt there'll be a better price any time soon.

[quote name='Shadow780']This is an awesome site!

thanks OP!

I have a question tho?

Do I get $10 off each time I place an order over $30 or it's just an one time deal?[/quote]
I have used google checkout 3 times, once for some sneakers, once for Contact through buy.com, and just now for Clubhouse Games through bestprices.com. Each time I recieved $10 off.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'd have to say a consolidated thread would be better. I mean I can make about 200 threads right now on every video game thats come out in the last month. Not saying this isn't a good thread, its not a problem now but if we start getting ALOT of posts like this it might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]I agree. If we just stuck to the Google checkout thread, any questions about Google checkout would have already been answered. Though I don't mind separate threads to highlight good deals, it would have been nicer for OP to follow deal-posting guidelines (I could have sworn we used to have these) and say "@ bestprices.com w/Google checkout" in the title so some of us who already knew about the checkout deal wouldn't expect something new.

btw, here's the original Google Checkout thread if you people want to hear more experiences about using it multiple times, with preorders, and such:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109627
For those that don't know, this works with buy.com, CDUniverse, DVDEmpire, Gamefly.

[quote name='Shokti']I have used google checkout 3 times, once for some sneakers, once for Contact through buy.com, and just now for Clubhouse Games through bestprices.com. Each time I recieved $10 off.[/quote]

that's awesome, I might just use google checkout for now on!

~No tax+$10 off = me happy~:applause:

[quote name='keithp']I just checked my order on Bestprices and there's no history for it- wtf? Is this because I used Google checkout?[/QUOTE]
Yes, go to your Google Checkout account and your order details are there.

[quote name='obijuan71']Is $24.99 at Fry's B&M for this weekend............. at least is for the DFW area[/QUOTE]

So pricematch at CC for the best deal possible.

[quote name='cursor101']So the order from Bestprices still hasn't shipped for me, though it is Sunday today. Getting a bit antsy.[/QUOTE]

Me too, what's the hold-up? I may just cancel and get it Tuesday at BB with GGC at this rate.

Umm, ok, so I went to my Google account and it shows my order, but how do I cancel?? There's no option for it, and my order doesn't show up at Bestprices.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out on Google.

Mine hasnt shipped either and my credit card was already charged, BEWARE, bestprices.com charges your credit card before items ship!

[quote name='SaraAB']Mine hasnt shipped either and my credit card was already charged, BEWARE, bestprices.com charges your credit card before items ship![/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that and it pissed me off!!

They'd better cancel my order--you have to send them an email through Google to tell them you want it cancelled, so they better not come back and say they can't 'cos it's too late.

[quote name='keithp']Yeah I saw that and it pissed me off!!

They'd better cancel my order--you have to send them an email through Google to tell them you want it cancelled, so they better not come back and say they can't 'cos it's too late.[/QUOTE]
I think that's just a hold. It's not necessary a charge-- did it show up as a final charge or a pending transaction for you guys?

I am not sure yet, it just stated that my credit card was charged, i dont mind waiting for this game from this company because i save like 10$ over the instore price here (as long as i get it eventually, i just dont want my order to be on indefinite preorder), this game would cost me about 37$ with NYS tax if i was to purchase it locally, and i cant find a place that has it for 29.99.

Also i have a ton of other games i want to order from here as well, for the above reasons.

The last time I ordered from these guys, it took 4 months to get my order. In that case I didn't mind because I got the boxed set of Now and Then, Here and There for $10 shipped.

I will be pissed if they try to make me wait that long for Contact, especially since I've already been charged.

Bestprices claims that it was released on the 18'th and will ship after the 18'th and that's it. They also say that it han't been released yet. Getting a bit suspicous.

Google checkout has a customer review feature on it. This poor service should probably be noted.

There's also some interesting bits in the description of the game too. Mostly how the story description is entirely wrong, its not just one player, its not developed by "Nextech", and its not coming out for the Sega Genesis.

Did you people who ordered from bestprices.com get legitmate products, i am starting to worry about recieving a counterfeit game in the mail now.

I think its time to make a nasty phone call to them...

Send a complaint. Click on your order status via Google and you'll see the link. Doubt it will do anything, but perhaps if enough of us complain they will see their mistake.

Yeah i sent a question over the weekend, they got back to me today and said they dont have it in stock but they will ship it as soon as it comes in stock. If other people have recieved legit products i dont see a problem with getting counterfiets, a lot of other online retailers havent gotten shipments of contact in either. I would rather wait than pay the 34.99 + 8.75% sales tax, plus i have a million other games to buy!

I got a reply to my cancellation request through Google Checkout from someone at Bestprices, and all he said was," It's in process"--??

Umm, o-kay.....

I sent him back a request AGAIN to please cancel my order.

I'm just going to get it at BB with the GGC. If I had known they were this slow and incompetent I wouldn't have ordered from them to begin with.

And I agree, comments need to be left so others might benefit.

bread's done
Back