Contact Lenses?

Skidi

CAGiversary!
Does anybody know where to get some Cheap Ass Contact Lenses?? Expired are even okay. ;) Other than Mexico or a place in downtown LA Market area, I cant find anything good online.

Thanks!

www.visiondirect.com tends to have good prices. Better than 1800contacts anyway.

Key is to wait for the rebate deals and just buy years worth at a time and get the big rebate--assuming you're wearing dailies of some kind anyway.

Check with your local Costco or Sam's Club if you got them, they have great prices and they usually have rebates on top of that.

I got mine from Walgreens. Their prices are normally pretty low and currently have 20% off coupon. They're also on Mr. Rebates

[quote name='Vinny']Sam's Club? Really?

Do they only carry name brand contacts or just generics?[/QUOTE]

Name brand...next time you're there hit up their optical dept. Assuming all of them have an optical...all the one's near me do, so I think they all do, but I can't say for sure.

Hm... not sure if it would be worth it to become a member for contacts. I pay ~$260 for a year supply directly from my optometrist's office. And before any of you ask, yes, I have shopped around for contacts but prices were only $10-15 cheaper from online sources... and that's not including the $25 rebate I normally get from buying them at my optometrist (assuming I get a year supply and get my eyes checked) so it's usually cheaper from the optometrist.

Ok, I've heard Wal Greens, Coscos, and Sam's Club so far. I would have never looked at these places before. Thanks!

You can get from the amazon or wallmart . They mostly deals in everything if you have any thing to buy then go there .. Just online.. I also bought some stuff from there.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Thanks. I can use this info. Has anyone ever had issues with switching contact brands?[/QUOTE]

Price or comfort? I'd tried switching from Focus Dailies to Bausch and Lomb SoftLens on my doctor's recommendation and hated them. They got dry and blurry really fast on my eyes.

The Dailies were mostly ok, but I went with the AquaComfort plus version this time--cost more than the regular dailies but don't get blurry as often for me. I have some mild dry eye problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RLeav20717']I use www.saveonlens.com , i believe they're based out of Canada. You dont need a prescription and the boxes are very cheap. (I currently order Acuvue 2's from them)[/QUOTE]

Wow, hoping this place is for real. I have been searching for a while now for a place to buy contacts without a prescription, (as mine hasnt changed in 5 years and I hate having to get the eye exam every year.... just a waste of money personally...) and these were $35 cheaper then 1 800 contacts. (I use the acuvue oaysis)

I ordered and now hoping I don't get defects, expired contacts, screwed over. I'll let you guys know how it went when they come.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Thanks. I can use this info. Has anyone ever had issues with switching contact brands?[/QUOTE]

I just switched from Acuvue 2's to B&L PureVision 2. Huge difference IMO.

I just ordered contacts for the first time last week, and I went through lensdirect.com. They have a 20% discount for your first order.

[quote name='the_grimace']Wow, hoping this place is for real. I have been searching for a while now for a place to buy contacts without a prescription, (as mine hasnt changed in 5 years and I hate having to get the eye exam every year.... just a waste of money personally...) and these were $35 cheaper then 1 800 contacts. (I use the acuvue oaysis)

I ordered and now hoping I don't get defects, expired contacts, screwed over. I'll let you guys know how it went when they come.[/QUOTE]

All the boxes that came to me were perfect. Just finished my last box so i need to order another. Let me know how it turns out for you

EDIT , email/call and ask them to apply code val123 for 5% off your order. Good until Feb 28th. They issued a 5% refund for me after i had already ordered, but possibly YMMV

[quote name='the_grimace']Wow, hoping this place is for real. I have been searching for a while now for a place to buy contacts without a prescription, (as mine hasnt changed in 5 years and I hate having to get the eye exam every year.... just a waste of money personally...) and these were $35 cheaper then 1 800 contacts. (I use the acuvue oaysis)

I ordered and now hoping I don't get defects, expired contacts, screwed over. I'll let you guys know how it went when they come.[/QUOTE]

i have been ordering from saveonlens.com for the last four years i use focus toric lens i have not had a bad lens yet

Thanks for the Save-On-Lens recommendation. I'm gonna check it out. I've been using expired contacts (you don't even want to know how long they've been expired) and I don't want to shell out $100+ for a new prescription (I have astigmatism).

No problem, I just recently got another order of 2 boxes and they have an expiration date of 2015, so no fears with getting almost expired contacts.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']I know they are not contacts but my gf has been buying glasses from http://www.zennioptical.com
for years and they are great. I think we got 2 pairs for under 20 bucks with lens[/QUOTE]

I'll have to look into this site, my glasses are super-glued together because I fainted and landed on my face and broke them. They were atrociously expensive, too, I went during a $99 sale and they slammed a new prescription on me so my $99 glasses only cost $500. Thanks, Sears.

[quote name='Survivalism']I'll have to look into this site, my glasses are super-glued together because I fainted and landed on my face and broke them. They were atrociously expensive, too, I went during a $99 sale and they slammed a new prescription on me so my $99 glasses only cost $500. Thanks, Sears.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for Zenni Optical. Same thing happened to my Sears glasses, except I slept in them and somehow rolled over on them. Those cost $300. The ones I have from Zenni cost me ~$20 and never broke or warped. You'll need your pupillary distance though.

[quote name='MrBoss']Any of these not need a prescription?[/QUOTE]

As in current/valid prescription?

Save On Lens just shipped my order (it took a week to process since I have astigmatism) and I didn't have to send in my prescription or give them my optometrist's info. They also sell lenses without power if you're looking color or fx.

[quote name='orimental']I can vouch for Zenni Optical. Same thing happened to my Sears glasses, except I slept in them and somehow rolled over on them. Those cost $300. The ones I have from Zenni cost me ~$20 and never broke or warped. You'll need your pupillary distance though.[/QUOTE]

Do they just write it all down at Sears if I ask? $20 for a pair of glasses is madness and these shouldn't even have broken in the first place. I have a habit of sleeping in mine, too, and before too long they get so crooked I look drunk all the time.

What do I need to get my opthamologist to write down for me to be able to buy contacts from these sites? Any thing specifically or can I just ask him to write down my prescription? I'm getting my exam on Monday, so...

[quote name='Survivalism']Do they just write it all down at Sears if I ask? $20 for a pair of glasses is madness and these shouldn't even have broken in the first place. I have a habit of sleeping in mine, too, and before too long they get so crooked I look drunk all the time.[/QUOTE]

If it's not expired, you can ask them for a copy of your prescription. They may ask you to get another exam if it is expired.

[quote name='Malice']What do I need to get my opthamologist to write down for me to be able to buy contacts from these sites? Any thing specifically or can I just ask him to write down my prescription? I'm getting my exam on Monday, so...[/QUOTE]

For contacts, your prescription is enough. Due to some 2004 act, doctors are required to give you a copy of your prescription regardless if you ask or not.

[quote name='Malice']What do I need to get my opthamologist to write down for me to be able to buy contacts from these sites? Any thing specifically or can I just ask him to write down my prescription? I'm getting my exam on Monday, so...[/QUOTE]

you dont need a prescription if you're using Saveonlens, but if you dont know your actual prescription, then i suppose that would hinder your ability to know which contacts to purchase.

Saveonlens is for real! Super happy now. I ordered and got my contacts in about a week from my order date. They were $10 a box cheaper for my contacts too, and I didn't need a prescription.

Awesome! Thanks for those who recommended them. Saved me $100 on an eye exam. :)

I just ordered from saveonlens as well, hopefully i get them in soon. Ive been on my last pair for 3 months and have to be changed every 2 weeks :| . I will also be ordering a pair of glasses from the link listed previously as well. My only concern about the glasses is that they will feel very cheap.

Got my contacts from saveonlens as well, took about a week to arrive. Definitely would order from them again, almost spent money on a contacts eye exam.

yea I used to go with contacts but now I only use them for special events, for work is ok. There really are some good deals for glasses online just enter and save your prescription information

The ones I have from Zenni cost me ~$20 and never broke or warped. You'll need your pupillary distance though.

While I wouldn't order my glasses online I have never broken a pair of glasses in my life or had any significant damage to the frames of glasses. If you are going for longevity get a kind that do not have the plastic nose pads, those things break/fall apart and its frustrating when they do because you have to find a place that is open that can fix them when the emergency happens. Of course if you aren't wearing glasses 24/7 like me then this might not be an issue. I would probably be able to fix them myself however I kinda need my glasses to see what I am fixing and since the glasses are the things I would be fixing it would be impossible. Plastic frames which are more in style now than wire frames do not have the plastic nose pads.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup. I've been getting mine at Costco for years, but I've seen Sam's Club offer almost the same prices.[/QUOTE]
Sam's Club? Really?

Do they only carry name brand contacts or just generics?

Sam's Club's prices start at about $15.48 to $16.28 for Acuvue 2's (what I wear because of my dry, non-allergy prone eyes)and go up from there. They are about half the cost of retail overall, even for contacts with astigmatism correction (which still have to be ordered and shipped to the store by the optomitrist on duty).

[quote name='Yamato']For me (Acuvue Oasys), saveonlens.com is expensive. $28.95 a box! I use webeyecare.com and get the same lenses for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Do they require a valid prescription or need the number of your doctor?

bread's done
Back