contacting the bank help

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!
yeah sorry for the crappy thread title but I need some help/advice.

so I bought some tickets to a concert that was canceled. The original refund policy was "There are no refunds. If there is an artist cancellation, your tickets will be honored at any future OnStage Events Show."

but then on the band's facebook page the onstage facebook page person showed up to say that they would give a refund if we emailed some dude name Mike which I did on July 26.

The guy replied and said to forward the google checkout receipt. He also said it'd take a while to process.

So yesterday the cancelled concert would have happened and still no refund for me yet.

Can I call my bank and see if they can somehow return my money back? (like in cases where people get screwed on online shopping) Or what should be my next step? Should I just accept defeat and realize I just lost about 70 dollars?

Also I've emailed the guy asking for an update last week, been calling the past two days (no answer), and have tried to see if anyone else has had luck getting their money back (no response yet).

Help please!

i think youre sol. if they had it in writing that theres no refunds then no matter what they say after that youre kinda screwed. if all you lost is 70 then you may want to cut your losses and move on. i wonder if you can go to small claims court for 70 bucks?

hmmm.... I was just thinking can't the website I bought the tickets from get in trouble for not informing people that the concert was canceled?

the only way I found out it was cancelled was through the facebook page of the band I was going to see. Also one of my buddies found out a week before the actual concert that it was cancelled(and she found out through me). So isn't this kind of a sign that they're being shady already? Also the fact that tickets were only the kind where you print at home kinda of also shady in a way. And the fact that they were still selling tickets or had the show listed as available days after the announcement of the cancellation. Oh and the no response from them after calling and emailing a couple of times....

maybe I should just give up my $70. Well for the record for anyone buying tickets in the future in the Houston area, be very, very careful with Onstageevents.

oh and thanks lokizz for your response. i think i am sol =(

bread's done
Back