Contest (CAG Foreplay #39): Win Double Sequence (DS)

Magical Drop 3 is my favorite. I like the chibi art style and the fast pased head to head battles. Chu Chu Rocket comes in a close second. As far a bad puzzle game goes. Its hard to get much worse the new Mr. Driller game.

I would have to go with Lumines Mobile. I always wanted to buy a PSP for lumines because it is such an amazing game, but could never bring myself to do it for 1 game. Then gameloft made the mobile version and happened to be available on my cell phone at the time. I purchased it and fell in love with it, for a cell phone game it had great music, pretty good control, and hours upon hours of gameplay for only $7. That would have to be my most played and favorite puzzle game.

My most recent addiction is Poker Smash for XBLA. The game is very well done (aside from some crashing issues) and very addicting. I only have 1 achievement left but I don't think I'll be able to get it.

Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo. the mix of SF characters in SD form with addictive puzzle mechanics is still awesome. i love it and i CAN kick your ass Shippy. :)

Most definitely would have to be Tetris, I could sit for hours playing that friggin game. It's addictive.

E4, wow, what a waste of $10 on XBLA. Shit is a chore to play as the game is never ending and there really is no challenge to it.

Favorites is a toss up between the O.G. Tetris for the Gameboy (I don't even want to think of how much time I've blown playing that game) and Puzzle Fighter (my ex-gf use to veg out to that game. It wore out one of my PSX)

Chu Chu Rocket!

The colors and graphics were amazing! And those dam cats were so annoying later on in the game. It was a lot of fun multiplayer moving the cats to gangrape someone.

E4, wow, what a waste of $10 on XBLA. Shit is a chore to play as the game is never ending and there really is no challenge to it.

Favorites is a toss up between the O.G. Tetris for the Gameboy (I don't even want to think of how much time I've blown playing that game) and Puzzle Fighter (my ex-gf use to veg out to that game. It wore out one of my PSX)

Chu Chu Rocket!

The colors and graphics were amazing! And those dam cats were so annoying later on in the game. It was a lot of fun multiplayer moving the cats to gangrape someone.

Puzzle Quest is the best, most addictive game.
Meteos starts off neat, but gets old fast.
Picross DS was a fantastic shipwreck-omendation.
Pokemon Trozei is only good for the marathon game, as it is too random to be fun in the "story mode."

Honourable mentions to the the great classic Tetris and the sadistic-but-oh-so-addictive Puzzle Quest but my all-time favourite puzzle is still the Panel de Pon series. Particularly in its Pokémon Puzzle League embodiment in the N64. Not only did it have greater gameplay variety than its predecesors and, frankly, its succesors too, but also had an amazing(by which I mean fiercely competitive and ultimately, obscenely aggressive) 2P Versus mode that I had never experienced since Mario Kart 64.

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

I'll be super original here and say Puzzle Quest. I've put a lot of time into that and Picross, with Meteos a distant third.

I loved Denki Blocks on GBA - the presentation was great, and the puzzles went from ker-azy simple to insanely hard. I played the crap out of that game.

Big props also go to Kurushi (called IQ in Japan) - combined panic, and crazy block puzzles. I actually finished that one during a mammoth hours-long session at the end of which I was so fried I could barely string a sentence together.

[quote name='SuxoR']Puzzle Quest cus I like questin while Im puzzlin[/quote]

I spat out soda on this one.

And, I'd have to say it's Tetris DS. All the love of Tetris, combined with my favorite Nintendo characters, so what's not to love?

Puzzle Quest. Of all the genre mashup possibilities, I never thought I'd see puzzle and RPG in the same sentence, let alone that it could result in such a great game.

Dr. mario on Brain Age 2 is amazingly fun.

Picross DS is better but not sure if its considered a puzzle game.

I just beat Professor Layton and I see it as the essence of a Puzzle Game. Like those cheap die-cast metal rings that you have to disengage.

bread's done
Back