Contest (CAG Foreplay #50): Win Shipwreck's E3 Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy this is a tough one. Well, I think it's a toss up between Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Mirrors Edge, but since I was already excited about Fable 2 and Fallout 3, I'll give my vote to Mirror's Edge. The graphics look unbelievable, the story sounds interesting, and I'm really excited to try the simplistic first person platforming mechanics that almost sound puzzlish, like Portal.

Fallout 3, because it had sort of fallen off my radar with the lack of specifics beyond the original trailer. No longer.

I would say the motionplus can't wait for a true sword/lightsaber game to come out hopefully from Soul Caliber team. A game actually shown would be Fallout 3, exploding heads never get tiring.

I would say for me it's Little Big Planet. I'm a sucker for level editing, especially an editor that works so smoothly.

Aside from that what surprised me is how many quirky and interesting titles are coming to the PlayStation Network. Who would have thought that (for me at least) the best part of gaming on the PS3 would be the original download only titles?

LittleBigPlanet. Though Shipwreck was asleep during the Sony press conference the PowerPoint presentation level showed how versatile the game was and that just confirmed that I'll be picking it up in October.

I was amazed that they included the co-op play in resident evil 5. Although I must say some of those moves looked like a single player could have done tham... climbing a tiny wall for example. Still, on my pre-order list as of the E3 show.

Postal 3. Game of Show. No Question... Just kidding. Though I'm torn between Fallout 3, Mercenaries 2, and The Force Unleashed, the pedigree vote goes to Mercenaries 2 (also because it's coming out the soonest). Nothing can compare to wreaking havok in the original, raining down hellfire from the sky, and that's just with PS2 graphics/capabilities. That first coop nuke will be bliss.

im gonna have to say mirrors edge. it looks amazing. i dont know if this counts but i saw the teaser for "i am alive" and wow that lookes awesome

Definitely Rock Band 2! I love the first game. I play it alone and when friends come over. The fact that you can use all the songs from the 1st game AND all the songs you have downloaded is great. Obviously, they are thinking cash when they decided to do this as people would stop buying the tracks that are coming out now if they knew they would not be able to play them with the new disk. Also, the vast number of songs that will be on the new disk is great! I can hardly wait!

I would have to say Mirrors Edge, although FF XIII comes close. Reason being, Final Fantasy is already known, doesnt suprise me that much, but the new innovations with Mirror's Edge, the first person perspective really gets me.

Dead Space. This game looks nothing short of amazing. I never thought I'd see a really good Space horror game but this has convinced me otherwise. I really, really glad EA gave the team behind it the chance to break off from license games and do something fresh.

Did I mention that strategic dismemberment might be my favorite new way to play horror games? Because it is and it looks totally badass.

I cant wait for street fighter 4.. it looks great took them 10 years in the making. just epic game. Kept it old school street fighter 2D style with 3-d graphics. Good focus attack moves. After the trailers come out you can watch it over and over again because it's THAT GOOD!!

My Game of the Show was Fat Princess. I really liked the mechanics, art, gameplay, and the online co-op. I don't even own a PS3 but I will now be picking one up. This was part of the tipping point.

Fable 2 and Fallout 3 looked like the best of E3. Great games that give the gamer many hours of play for our CAG dollars.

[quote name='zerowing']Netflix on the 360 is what gets me all tingly inside.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'll be renewing Netflix as soon as the dasboard update drops.

Oh, and DEAD SPACE looks wicked. What looks so wild is the zero gravity effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited for Animal Crossing since I loved the old ones and held off on picking up the DS one since I knew if the Wii had one it'd havebetter online interaction

Left 4 Dead. I mean come on it has zombies and co-op. I haven't played a Valve game yet that didn't suck hours and hours of my life away.

I thought Dead Space looked amazing. It really surprised me because I didn't know much about it before the show. The graphics and gameplay looks great and the 3D HUD is really slick. I'm really impressed by it and I think it'll be nice filler before Resident Evil 5. :)

I'm gonna say Mad World, even though it was only shown behind closed doors, I am liking everything I hear/see about it.

Fallout 3 for sure. I've been waiting for that game for so long, and now to see it and have it played ... amazing!

I don't really want the swag, but I really want to play Street Fighter IV. Can you set that up for me Ship? kthnx.

I definitely am loving the look of Mirror's Edge. I can't wait to play that one out... seems pretty original and potentially challenging. Reminds me of Portal.

I am most excited about Fable 2 because I loved Fable 1. I never passed the original game, but I did restart it twice :lol: and I also bought the game again when they released the lost chapters.

One of the reasons I probably enjoyed it so much was because I didn't know the game was so hyped up before it was released and my expectations were average for a 3rd person action game. Funny thing is now I'm hyped up for the sequel and hopefully it doesn't disappoint :lol: x 2

So far, looking forward to Mirrors edge. It looks fun, but it sounds like one of those games you actually have to try to see for yourself. Just the fact of jumping from 1 building to another sounds really cool and the fact you get into a "flow" of movement looks awesome.

The game I am very excited for is Left 4 Dead. The main reason is that I am a huge zombie fan and a friend from my dorm is as well. Combining that with hardcore co-op elements makes for a great experience in the dorms.

Mirror's Edge looks really interesting. After watching the game trailers videos, I'm interested to see how immersive and responsive a first-person game can be when it is focused on jumping/running. Lots of possibilities and potential...

However, Resident Evil 5 looks sweet. I recently beat 4 on the gamecube and was continually surprised by the design, story, and gameplay. It was full of win.

Since the only new gen systems I have are the Wii and the DS, I guess I'm most excited about GTA: Chinatown Wars. I'm curious to see how this one will play.

There were a lot of neat games at E3 and the most shoking thing to me is that Sony actually made me want to get a PS3. The main reason for this is DC Universe online. I'm a big comic geek, so I love this and since I woudl need a new PC to play it on PC i might aswell just get a PS3 and play it on that. Also InFamous looks good.

Only thing that excited me was Gears of War 2, Fallout, Bionic Commando and the Xbox Experience.

Oh I forgot Mirrors Edge was awesome too!!

It would have probably been Heavy Rain had anybody been allowed to see or talk about it. Infamous though, from what was shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back