[CONTEST ENDED] Free indie game on Xbox LIVE (first 8,000 to download trial)

lightsup55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
EDIT: Since I got my code (Monday, May 17, 2010), I felt that there is a need to update this first post.

CONTEST ENDED. PRIZES AWARDED.

If you were one of the first 8,000 to download the trial version, then you will need to check your email associated with your Xbox LIVE account to obtain your code.

This topic will remain open for discussion about the game or the contest.

Original post as follows:

The first 8,000 Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members to download the trial version of Newton vs The Horde (the winning game in the Microsoft Dream-Build-Play 2010 Contest) will receive the full version for free. You must be 18 years or older and be a legal resident of the United States. Official TERMS & CONDITIONS available on Xbox.com.

A few notes:
  • DO NOT USE THE Xbox.com LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME AS IT DIRECTS YOU TO THE FULL VERSION, USE MY LINK BELOW INSTEAD.
  • Microsoft is the one running this contest, NOT ME.
  • I CANNOT give you any additional information than what is found on the Official TERMS & CONDITIONS page on Xbox.com.
  • This offer is still valid as far as I'm aware. It starts May 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and ends either May 21, 201 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time or when the 8,000 limit is reached.
  • I CANNOT tell you if the contest ends early due to the 8,000 limit being reached as only Microsoft has this information and I doubt they'll update the Official TERMS & CONDITIONS page on Xbox.com. If I win and post in this topic saying so, then that will be the official notification that the contest ended.
  • If you've won, Microsoft will notify you by email WITHIN four weeks AFTER the contest has ended.

Add the Newton vs The Horde trial version to your Xbox 360 download queue

Last edited by a moderator:
i queued it up but it says the full game is 240? do i just download the trial which i just queued and that will unlock the full game?

[quote name='koopa213']i queued it up but it says the full game is 240? do i just download the trial which i just queued and that will unlock the full game?[/QUOTE]
From the Terms & Conditions:
Offer starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 5/4/10 and ends either at 11:59 p.m. PT on 5/21/10 or when the 8,000 limit is reached. Within four weeks following the end of the Offer, a game token code with redemption instructions and expiration information will be sent to the e-mail address tied to Xbox LIVE account used to download the game trial.

I'm downloading the TRIAL now.

So now we just play that and wait up to 4 weeks and see if we get the FREE unlock token.

I don't think Indie Games have achievements and I don't think you can play them unless you're signed in to LIVE -- even if it's just the TRIAL version.

i downloaded it 20 mins after the post but my age isn't set to 18 on xbl -.- im assuming im not gona get it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']looks like it is done, full game is 240 space points[/QUOTE]
lol @ post

If you read some of the other posts in this thread you'll see that you will be emailed a code for the full game 4 weeks after today.

[quote name='Andami']lol @ post

If you read some of the other posts in this thread you'll see that you will be emailed a code for the full game 4 weeks after today.[/QUOTE]

Yep...I should read more. My bad :whistle2:#

All of the Old Spice games are horrible and hardly worth 80 points (let alone 240) compared to what else is available on XBLA Indie. House of Spice (a fake house of the dead) is beyond horrible.

Considering these games are plastered with advertising from Dad's deodorant, they should all be free. Think about Dorito's Dash of Destruction and Yaris. Both sponsored, both free.

Sorry to threadbash, but Old Spice is doing it wrong. I do enjoy watching their Monty Python-esque purging of the armpit, though...

[quote name='Kerig']All of the Old Spice games are horrible and hardly worth 80 points (let alone 240) compared to what else is available on XBLA Indie. House of Spice (a fake house of the dead) is beyond horrible.

Considering these games are plastered with advertising from Dad's deodorant, they should all be free. Think about Dorito's Dash of Destruction and Yaris. Both sponsored, both free.

Sorry to threadbash, but Old Spice is doing it wrong. I do enjoy watching their Monty Python-esque purging of the armpit, though...[/QUOTE]

I really hate stupid people, please just die. This game is WINNER of the 2010 Microsoft Dream-Build-Play contest, a prize hundreds of aspiring developers compete for.

[quote name='gordojones88']I really hate stupid people, please just die. This game is WINNER of the 2010 Microsoft Dream-Build-Play contest, a prize hundreds of aspiring developers compete for.[/QUOTE]

Really? "Just Die"? What's wrong with you?

[quote name='gordojones88']I really hate stupid people, please just die. This game is WINNER of the 2010 Microsoft Dream-Build-Play contest, a prize hundreds of aspiring developers compete for.[/QUOTE]

You're right. He's stupid because he doesn't like the game. He should die. I mean, how could anyone not like this award winning game? It won an award, it has to be good. It's almost like the guy didn't even know it won an award and was just basing it off his opinion from what he played. Sure, not everyone agrees on their opinions of games made by industry veterans with proven track records, but this is a $3 advergame for crying out loud. What was he thinking!?

I'm sure he'll know better next time, or at least will if he doesn't kill himself to preserve the future of mankind from such stupidity. Thanks for contributing.

Winner of the "Longest Fiber-assisted Turd Contest" still wins due to a turd, it's just better than the rest.

My point was simply that these games should have all been free, rather than $1-$3 each due to the fact that they're blatant advertisements for Old Spice. OS is plastered everywhere in each of the games.

Just because something's a winner doesn't make it quality...

arguingontheinternet.jpg

bread's done
Back