CONTEST: frank21_1981 wins Gears of War (Xbox 360)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheap Ass Gamer is giving a way a free copy of Gears of War for the Xbox 360!

Simply post in this thread and tell me why you are too cheap to buy this great game.

Winner will be drawn at random.

Contest ends on 11/21. Winner must live in North America.

Congratulations to frank21_1981!

I'm trying to support a possible PS3 purchase, and these fangled AAA 360 titles are in my way!

But seriously, because I thought it wasn't going to live up to the hype and am temporarily bored with shooters, first person, tactical, "stop and pop" or otherwise. If I don't win this contest, I'll eventually pick it up.

i'm a "gameplay per hour" kind of guy, and despite the rave reviews this game is getting, they're also making note that this 60 dollar game can be beaten somewhere in the range of 7 to 10 hours. that just don't fly in shmitty's world.

and entered.

This game looks piece of cake, every magazine has given a good nomination as the game of the year. Why should I bother to get it now...plus I dont even own a cheap ass Xbox360 xD

I'm too cheap to buy Gears of War because my 360 broke. I have to pay for that to get fixed (which isn't cheap) before I can even think about paying for this game.

Because I'm saving up for the following:

Black Nintendo DS Lite
Computer Upgrades: RAM & Video Card
Possibly the PS3

~HotShotX

I'm too cheap to buy any game when it first comes out. I think the last game I paid more than $20 for was God of War, and the last one before that was Soul Calibur 2.

My Thumbs were tragically ripped off in a statewide push-up competition. Since my loss and subsequent installation of Reynolds wrap "Foil Thumbs" Replicas, I've given up hope of gaming and not bought anygames! But maybe, just maybe! This game will give me the will to try again. perhaps using my feet.

I'm too cheap to buy the game because I'm also too cheap to buy the Xbox 360 to play it on, but getting the game may motivate my cheap ass to get a 360.

My 360 constantly froze on me and then finally gave me the 3 Red Lights of DEATH last Saturday. It actually did this when I put in my own cheap@$$ copy of GoW. CRAP.

So on Sunday I decided to try to play again. Well I was incredibly tired from a long day and I had the 360 laying horizontally. I turned it on with GoW in the drive and once again it tried to start up.... then gave me the 3 Red lights. For some stupid reason I thought I would stand it up vertically. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the disc was still spinning. I stood the 360 up and I heard the noise of the disc being scratched to hell. I first hung my head in shame from the stupid n00b mistake, then opened the disc tray to find my new (never before played) GoW ruined. :(

I haven't even play GoW yet. All I got was to the menu once before it froze!

Please, I hope I win!

EDIT: Of course if I do win, I won't be able to play for another 3 to 4 weeks... how ever long it takes to get the darn thing fixed.

EDIT2: I noticed I didn't type how cheap I was... I went to 3 different stores (Gamestop, CUsa, and BB) to have them PM Fry's ad for $50. That's the most I've paid for a game in... forever. I didn't know this, but Gamestop doesn't take Fry's for PMs. CUsa didn't have any in stock. Thank you BB.

Its not that i'm too cheap but between a $500 hospital bill, a $300 vet bill, and christmas around the corner i have very little cash to spend on myself at the moment.

Because all my free $$$ is going to buy Christmas presents for my 1-year old - Daddy's gaming habit is getting severely cut back!

I'm too cheap to buy this game because I'm a cheap ass when it comes to everything. And I don't think this game is worth the $60 but its worth free.

I'm way too cheap to buy Gears because i'm saving for my next/first semester of college. Going to learn theorhetical physics is expensive and sucks to see 10+ people a night playing Gears on my friends list.

guitar hero II has not only eaten up my cash, but it has messed up my left wrist. so now i need something to entertain myself without further harm to my wrist and i believe gears of war is it.

Well, I'm moving to a different city, so I had to trade in older games to get this. If I win it, I'll give it to a buddy who's in college and can't afford it. I want to play co-op with him so bad. :(

After the "combine"accident at the farm 2 months ago I just haven't had the will to try and play videogames yet. Receiving this game will give me the strength and willpower to play videogames again! Although, learning to play without my thumbs won't be easy!

I just bought 50 packs of Bahlsen Hit! cookies 3.5 ounces for $4. I opted out of 25 more packs because $12 extra was too much. Many will be given as gifts and the rest will be donated for charity. Yup, my coworkers shopping cost a grand total of $4! How cheap is that?

(Normally these cookies are about $1.50 apiece)

I am too cheap to buy it because I am playing some other games I found on CAG deals (RE4 on PS2, and SotC).

RE4 scares the crap outta me.

Can't wait for GoW! I will buy a system just for that game!

I'm too cheap because I threw all of my extra money at some roaches at this bed and breakfast I was staying at - long story.

For as good as the game looks, $60 for about 7 hours of campaign the first time through seems a bit high to me. I may have to bite the bullet though.

i'm too cheap to buy this great game because i just bought the HD-DVD player and Call of Duty 3! No more money till after X-mas! ahhh!

I really want to play GoW, but I've already picked up too many games the past few months.

My wallet needs a break from all the spending.

I am to cheap to buy this game, becuase of several reasons. First I am broke!!
Second, my wife will kill me if she found out I was gay, our credit card is being maxed out by "anal ease", and let me tell you, it's not for for the use on my wife. So when she see's the cc bill, I will be without a wife and a CC to buy gear's of war.

I was hoping somehow to win a copy from somewhere. I just have this big problem with paying for stuff...maybe it's the klepto in me...who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back